ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's at Manny & Merle every week. Huge deal per Their chalkboard.

Oh, and I just lost $220 on roulette and put $100 on TEDDY. so could be a really bad/back to reality night. Enjoy Ben.

Still, I earmarked $500 to lose as if it was gone, $400 of which was a cash out of my GAMBOL account before coming. Don't dip past that = success.

Maybe there's a secret encore. Potsy sky dives in dressed as Scratch and lands on the stage. He rips off the Scratch head and just starts wailing on the guitar in a jam session with Shelburne. Crowd goes apheshit.

Don't discount the idea that JD Shelbourbe rips his head off and it's WBB COACH MATTHEW MITCHELL who then rips his own head off and it's Scratch who busts out with "Shove This Janky Sign Up Your Ass, Florida". Bonkers.

Alright GYERO, need Boston recs. arriving at 11 ish on a monday. Nowhere I have to be until Tuesday after lunch. Would love to see Harvard campus, but not certain that's the highest priority.

Give me a couple must sees please. Love the Revolutionary period.

@wildcat1973 ? @catholic_back ?

I'm 1-2 on NOLA bach parties. First one was unreal, one of the best bachelor parties I've ever been to. Second one was actually fairly lame.

Oh, I just rememebered, the second trip was with a bunch of Vandy med school doctors. That's why it was so lame. That crew was terrible.

Well I can't speak to the social quality of the Vandy med school crowd...Suffice to say, most doctors are not Homecoming Kings. ;)

Thinking they go black on chrome Saturday...imo

Also while GYERO is in a giving mood- looking for two tickets for the Missouri game if anyone looking to sell.

bbdk claiming to be up $200 is definitely false. Not saying you are lying either. But anyone who has been to Vegas knows there are always some "accounting errors". He has either forgotten about $500 that are stuck in his jeans somewhere or more likely, he was too drunk to remember about $500 in ATM withdrawals late night. Actually, the most likely scenario is that he doesn't remember pulling about $500 from the ATM AND has about $500 sitting in his pants pocket somewhere.

The absolute worst is the slow, haunting realization of those errors. Usually just after lunch when someone wants to play a "quick" session of blackjack before hitting the liquor/pool hard. Ugh.

Adam, if you're really into it and have time, you can walk the entire Freedom Trail. Lets you see the city, weather around this time of year is usually perfect too.

So college recruiting balls it sounds like Bossi and Meyer think Bridges is UK bound? That puts the Monk package deal in play and eliminates Fox, right? So then it's Alkins?

That sound pretty accurate?

#chase

No, Fox is still in play with those two in the fold...he's the only true PG. I think we get all three.

Alkins is playing at Word of God...John Wall's handler, Brian Clifton, is the head coach now. There isn't a lot of love between Cal and Clifton, not sure we even still recruit Alkins.

Alright GYERO, need Boston recs. arriving at 11 ish on a monday. Nowhere I have to be until Tuesday after lunch. Would love to see Harvard campus, but not certain that's the highest priority.

Give me a couple must sees please. Love the Revolutionary period.

@wildcat1973 ? @catholic_back ?

The Freedom Trail is a must, and the Museum of Fine Art is terrific.

Fenway is very cool, as is the Samuel Adams Brewery Tour. We were lucky when we went on that to have the founder join us for our tour and tasting.

Billy Tse's Restaurant for some amazing Chinese and sushi. That place was unreal.

So college recruiting balls it sounds like Bossi and Meyer think Bridges is UK bound? That puts the Monk package deal in play and eliminates Fox, right? So then it's Alkins?

That sound pretty accurate?

#chase

Nope. Fox has nothing to do with Monk or Bridges. Different positions.

You really can walk/see the entire city of Boston in one day. Won't necessarily see everything the city has to offer, but it really is a small city. Incredibly easy to navigate. Clean, too; not a lot of poors.

Speaking of best America has to offer...we have a wedding in Cancun next spring and I'm taking a full week vacation. Itinerary will be:

Fri-Sat: Keeneland in Lex (negotiable)
Sun-Wed/Thurs: ????
Wed-Thurs-Mon: Cancun

So we have 3-4 days completely open. Would like to go out West, flights would be easy to Cancun, but we can't decide. Will be wife and I and maybe a few other couples. Currently on table are Tahoe (never been in spring/summer), San Diego/LA, Napa (neither been), Grand Canyon (I've been, she hasn't).

What say you?

I wouldn't waste over a half day each way going far west. Would just be 2 days mainly spent in airports and getting to/from airports. Tahoe is actually the worst idea since you can't fly there unless you have your own jet, and hardly anyone flies direct to Reno. Would be something like LEX-SFO-Reno-drive an hour to Tahoe. Shit, I can't even fly direct to Reno from NYC I don't think. If you are gonna go anywhere far, make it somewhere with no connections.

Napa a little better, but you are looking at a 1.5-2 hour drive from SFO depending on when you get there, plus the time to rent a car which takes forever (I just did this). Actually not terrible if you are going Sunday-Thursday, but will still be a lot of time wasted traveling during your vacation.

New Orleans? Not far from Lex or Cancun. Austin? Miami?

Chad, you only have a day, so Freedom Trail it is. Just find your way to Boston Common, and go from there. Easily marked. You'll end up at the USS Constitution. If you have time, take the Red Line to Harvard Sq. You'll be able to get on the Red Line from Park St. or Government Center, which is very close to the end of the Freedom Trail and Boston Garden.

Chad, you only have a day, so Freedom Trail it is. Just find your way to Boston Common, and go from there. Easily marked. You'll end up at the USS Constitution. If you have time, take the Red Line to Harvard Sq. You'll be able to get on the Red Line from Park St. or Government Center, which is very close to the end of the Freedom Trail and Boston Garden.
Thanks bbdk

Reactions: HossCat73
^I believe it was Adam not chad.

-Gotta admit I enjoyed the temps this morning when I walked outside.

-Have we been favored against UF in the past 29 years? Still sitting at +3 right now but I'd have to imagine a majority of those years was double digits.

-Why is FSU playing on a Friday?

-My recruiting knowledge for both sports is at a 10 year low. Sounds like the direction is becoming more evident for this class.

-Do we skip NYC/Barclays for a bowl game? I'd imagine both would be a tough pull, especially Orlando/NOLA:)smiley:).

-Finished up Narcos last night. Man, it's right there and probably even a little better than Robot's first season. Granted, the writer of MR says season 1 was basically just a build up for the real story(it was going to be a movie first). Narcos should of spent more time on the building of his empire. Phenomenal acting though.

-Finishing up Boys in the Boat, I've mentioned it before but its the best written story I've read since Unbroken. Check it out for a change of pace. Who has a copy of Slaying the Tiger they want to let me borrow?

-What do you wear to a Chrome-Out? I'm going blue shirt.

Agree on Narcos. The Escobar character is so intriguing that more time should've been spent on the early years. Feel like it jumped to the end too quickly. He was a likeable bad guy in the first half of the show...and become a ruthless villain towards the end. All in the 1st Season. Would've preferred more of a Tony Soprano approach, with the slow build up. Not sure where they're going to go next season. If they wanted it to only be 1 season, they should've had more episodes.

Minor complaints though. Great show.

Oops, Adam. Read like a WCC post to be honest. Especially the mention of the Revolutionary War...coming off his recent trip to Yorktown.

Regardless, that's the way to do it. Harvard is a neat campus, but very small. Harvard Square is cool though. And the area along the Charles River. You can walk to the bridge pretty easily from Harvard Square.

Pretty smart move keeping this pregame concert thing going with bands other than CMM...the Jordan English band will have that place packed with college sloots. Imo

whoever is quarterback against Clemson wont be why they get thumped....their defense is god awful, and that fact has been overshadowed by the qb merry go round.

Bozo did a surprisingly fair and honest look at their defensive effort the last few games against real competition. Results: not good. Gave up huge yards/points against Notre Dame, UK, Georgia, Auburn, Houston. And now Clemson comes to town with a more talented big play QB than any of those 5 teams that gashed them.

Weather looks great for Saturday. High of 85 & mostly sunny. Low humidity.

The lass will be with me this Saturday. Really excited we get to tailgate with the crew & go to the game together. Rare with her schedule. Keep explaining to her that this is going to be the craziest atmosphere we've seen since LSU in 07. Place gonna be lit.

Really start to feel like an old man at time

Tony Soprano strangled a man to death in the fifth episode of the show while on a college visit with his teenage daughter.

True, but he was still "likable", and we had lots of episodes where he was "likable". Didn't get that as much in Narcos. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT