ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of his murders were justifiable, at least in the mafia sense. Rats, conspirators to kill him, etc. I think Ralph and Christopher were the only ones that don't fit that mold.

Regardless he was likable, and that's what made the show great.

He was a very likable murderer. True.

Ha, exactly. I never found Tony Soprano likable. He was a psychopathic overgrown spoiled brat. I don't care if he got weepy about some damn ducks a few times, he was a prick. Most everyone was unlikable on that show. Definitely the entire Soprano clan as well as Christopher and his sloot. I spent most of the time hoping someone would kill Tony's kids. That would have been interesting.
There were exceptions of course (Bobby B, Silvio, etc were fairly likable to me). Damn what a good show. Awful people and yet so compelling. Might have to re-watch.

- Besides the wins, swag and recruiting successes, the family atmosphere Calipari has brought to Lex is the best thing about this era. Love seeing some of the NBA's biggest superstars come home to Lex.

- "You're the Worst" on FX is a great comedy. Pretty unique characters and storyline, too. Lindsay is a tad chubby but I would wreck.

- Women greeting each other makes me want to stab my eyes out.

- There are a lot of awful pop musical acts out these days, but Macklemore doesn't get his due for being terrible. Who can listen to such garbage?

- UK looking good for Fox at PG, Monk at SG and Bridges at SF. Then, maybe add another big late.

Most of the great characters were in the crew. Silvio was incredible. Easily 2nd best to Tony. Paulie was a caricature, but fun nonetheless. Loved Big Pussy RIP. Christopher was annoying, but he had his place. Junior was good early on. Dimentia Junior sucked.

The family storyline drove me nuts. His kids were the worst. I could deal with Carmela. I wanted to stab Janice and Tony's mom every single time they were on the screen.

Dr. Melfi storyline would've been better with sex.

Last edited:
When you're a pop star and Anth doesn't like you -> Not good. Macklemore is AWFUL. Worse that Iggy. "OMG he said being gay was cool in a rap song, lets give him an award and keep him on the radio. Terrible."

Like the Kool Moe Dee parts of Downtown. Nostalgia, I guess. But the Macklemore parts are over the top nauseating.

AJ would have rolled on Tony in a minute IMO. Then you've got him in protection after his GJ testimony gets dad indicted. Dad tries to get a hit on son but gets punched himself. Tony goes to prison and dies of cancer within 5 years, AJ winds up holding a boom mic for cam shows until he's whacked 3 years after that. Wife and daughter die alone in broken obscurity in a row house in Newark after the Feds seize everything. Fin.

Reactions: Mashburned
- Macklemore's downtown video was filmed in Spokane. Luckily I wasn't there at the time

- Future HOFCBP also doesn't look so hot when he doesn't have a once in a lifetime crop of Louisville high school recruits fall in his lap

BREAKING.... TOM AKA HOFADTMFNJ HAS BEEN OFFERED THE AD POSITION AT THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS BUT HAS RESPECTFULLY DECLINED. #LOUISVILLEMAN

David Feherty has signed with NBC Sports Group in a deal that will bring his style and personality exclusively to the golf telecasts of NBC and Golf Channel.

In his new role, Feherty will be utilized as a walking and tower analyst on NBC and Golf Channel coverage of PGA Tour events, including the Florida Swing, The Players Championship and the FedEx Cup Playoffs. He will also be featured during 2016 coverage of the Ryder Cup and the Olympics, as well as select PGA of America and European Tour events, and will call golf's oldest championship when NBC Sports becomes the home of the Open Championship in 2017.

"I'm really looking forward to this next step in my career, but I'll miss a lot of people who have had my back for nearly 20 years. And to be honest, I'm on the verge of soiling myself," said Feherty, who worked for CBS Sports for nearly two decades. "However, I am looking forward to the new challenges and opportunities at NBC and Golf Channel. I haven't yet heard the over-under on me getting fired, but hey, I beat the odds last time."

Reactions: wildcatadam6
-Definitely rooted for the FBI on multiple occasions watching the Sopranos. Never with Breaking Bad or SOA. Mainly I rooted for some Mexican or old school Italian crew to come in and wipe out the entire Soprano family at once. Would have LOVED it if like 5 seasons in, during one of their miserable Sunday dinners, 97 strapped henchman raided in Scarface style and shot up Tony, Carmella, AJ, Meadow, Janice, Junior, Christopher and Meadow's awful boyfriend (pick one), then barbecued the ducks in Tony's pool.

Macklemore? We complaining about Macklemore in 2015? Thought he went away at the end of 2014, no? There's more coming?

* I hate losing my car keys. Looked for them for an hour this morning with no luck. My guess is my 3 yr old hid them somewhere.

* Can't wait for lunch. Thinly sliced smoked pork tenderloin, provolone, grilled onions and shrooms and light mayo on a sesame seed bun.

* Can't wait to throw wcc in the Ricky Bubbly next Sunday morning after we beat the Cocks, Gators and Tigers back-to-back-to-back. Gonna be epic. (fixed)

* Practice tonight, game Thursday, game Saturday… too much for a 4 & 5-yr old soccer team?

* I get the pleasure of seeing The Bonz in the flesh on Saturday. Might even get to ride my bike with him for 35 miles or so.

* The 49ers uniforms sucked last night. Awful.

* I wish someone would've filmed BBdK's adventures in Vegas.

* How do you like your soft serve ice cream from the local dairy bar… sprinkles or chocolate dipped? I'm taking the chocolate dip, but I ain't mad at sprinkles, either.

Last edited:
I will take a butterfinger blizzard Willy.
img-thing

Reactions: _Chase_
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT