ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO: New Look

-Yea, putting off the turbo back porch for another summer it seems. LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS.

-Could have gone without the oral hygienist inferring I had some kind of mouth cancer the entire time she was cleaning my teeth this morning. She was about to recommend, in spite of her lack of credentials to do so, I see a pathologist and have my gums biopsied. Was pretty freaked out there and assumed I was dying for 30 minutes or so. Worried for my daughter. Glad I was prudent enough to have life insurance. Selected a strong, caring father figure to "oversee" my daughter's childhood...

Then the Dentist came in and said I was just a poor brusher/flosser. #beyondblessed #thankful

-Still not a clue who Iggy Azalea I. I mean, I get that she's a pop singer of sorts but I couldn't pick her out of a lineup.

-Been listening to a lot of Waylon, Otis Redding, Marty Robbins, and Al Green recently. Go figure.

-#ALLIN. Upgraded my seats so my wife would start going to games with me. She didn't like sitting alone with me and my Dad's old pledge brother/law school buddy in the uppers. Understandable. Section 4 with friends this year. I'll get to see how you lower level homos live, I guess.

-Of course, after a game or two of peanut shells and curse words showering her she'll probably just stay at the tailgate.

-Bullish on selling my parking pass on the black market this season. Reduced spaces, heightened expectations, favorable schedule... it's basically become a little hobby of mine selling it each game. Plus, I take the cash and buy my booze for the day. Fun.

-BP of 120/80 this morning. Am told that's pretty good for a successful 33 year old male. I don't know how, but I've somehow managed to always have good blood pressure. I would assume the opposite. #trustingod

-Got yardwork on the agenda this weekend and maybe some solo, outdoors drinking. I usually get drunk by myself once or twice a year on my back deck which is equally as enjoyable as a solo movie IMO. Hopeful.

-A lot of Taylor Swift in my house right now. Good God she's smoke. Easily my #1 at present. Worship.

The only good thing Puff ever did that didn't in some way involve Biggie was play the crazy record company producer in "Get Him to the Greek"...best part of an otherwise 'meh' movie.

-LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS.

-A lot of Taylor Swift in my house right now. Good God she's smoke. Easily my #1 at present. Worship.

- OMG SO TRUE!!!! Mind if I steal that for my Facebook status this afternoon???

- Not my cup'o'tea, but I get it. If you like tall, limber blondes, she's got to be it right now.

Between Paris Hilton, Stringy, and Taylor Swift, SAE sure does love him some super-skinny, flat-chested blondes.

120/80 is good, basically standard normal.

Saw 311 a couple years ago, so many good songs. Think my favorite one live was "beyond the grey sky" but obviously " beautiful disaster" and "down" rocked.

Day 5 in Vegas you guys...shew.

Madonna is the poster hag for "least talent/most sucess."

Can't sing, can't dance, doesn't write her own songs, can't act. Can't do anything except get naked.

Taylor Swift is extremely ordinary, particularly by superstar celebrity standards. Her legs are about 6 feet long, which may be your thing. But she just simply is NOT hot/pretty/whatever. Not by celebrity standards. She's basically a gangly/pointy-elbowed teenager.

Reactions: Beavis606
giphy.gif

I just go to the movies. Sometimes with the gal, sometimes alone, and sometimes with a buddy. We don't always do the buffer seat but that's because I'm an ass that likes making people uncomfortable.

I usually gauge whether she'll fall asleep before making the alone or not judgement. Couldn't imagine taking kids to a movie outside maybe a Disney/Pixar. That must suuuuuck. So glad I don't have one of those money-pits.

Saw 311 a couple years ago, so many good songs. Think my favorite one live was "beyond the grey sky" but obviously " beautiful disaster" and "down" rocked.

I will not accept this. "Down" was complete and total shit. Listen to this. Seriously, LISTEN TO THIS.

Who else "rocked"? Carlos Santana and Rob Thomas? Sugar Ray? Smash Mouth? Incubus?

F*ck off with your 311.

Jim Rome is pretty on point re: Limp Bizkit. I mean, they rhymed "nookie" and "cookie," for gods sake.

That's historically brilliant.

Taylor Swift is extremely ordinary, particularly by superstar celebrity standards. Her legs are about 6 feet long, which may be your thing. But she just simply is NOT hot/pretty/whatever. Not by celebrity standards. She's basically a gangly/pointy-elbowed teenager.

Clearly tall blondes are my thing, but I can't accept this. No sir.

She's fire IMO.

Taylor Swift lol. I mean, she's okay I guess, for a little snooty cun*. Definitely a psycho, so that probably means good for activities.

'Blank Space' tho, damn. What a jam. That song is an 'all timer' imo, for that little teen poppy genre. Up there with Miley's best work.

I'm honestly not sure I could name one 311 song...the few talked about here don't ring any bells.

I might be able to recognize one if it was played on the radio in the mid to late nineties.

What are their top 5 songs in terms of popularity/radio play?

False Chase.

"Down" is a song by the band 311. It is the first song on their third album, 311. It was their first #1 single on the BillboardAlternative Songs charts, and along with their self-titled album, was largely responsible for launching them into mainstream success. An accompanying video for the song was in rotation on MTVat the time of its release. Due to its massive popularity it was also included as the first song on their live album, Live, and on their greatest hits album, Greatest Hits '93-'03. Since its release it has also become a staple of their live concerts, and is usually dedicated "to all the old-school 311 fans."

"Down" was released as downloadable content for the music video game Rock Band 3 on October 2, 2012.

Taylor Swift-would.;)

It's really hard for me to get into these new starlets who were just kids a few years ago. The whole Swift/Cyrus/Gomez deal is lost on me. They all look like they should still be on the Disney Channel and overcompensate for it. It's unappealing.

Miley's the one I don't get. Just doesn't do it for me. I do like her music, though.

I think I was still listening to Oasis during that period. The Gallagher brothers were a hell of a lot more entertaining than any of the ish that came out late '90's.

Stepping out of lurkmode to tell Chase to EAD. You know nothing of 311 so don't speak on them. Thx

Also yes, catlanta is correct

False Chase.

"Down" is a song by the band 311. It is the first song on their third album, 311. It was their first #1 single on the BillboardAlternative Songs charts, and along with their self-titled album, was largely responsible for launching them into mainstream success. An accompanying video for the song was in rotation on MTVat the time of its release. Due to its massive popularity it was also included as the first song on their live album, Live, and on their greatest hits album, Greatest Hits '93-'03. Since its release it has also become a staple of their live concerts, and is usually dedicated "to all the old-school 311 fans."

"Down" was released as downloadable content for the music video game Rock Band 3 on October 2, 2012.

Taylor Swift-would.;)

Agree with Chase. That song sucks. The entire Music album is solid but after that, you can find maybe one or two decent tracks on the other ones.

From the 311 311 album, All Mixed Up > the rest.

No curves, no thanks. Although I do love Kendrick and Grande, maybe because they're really short. WCC knows I love the shawtees. Speaking of Kendrick and WCC, I'm in for Pitch Perfect 2. Already got a date lined up with TFoltzie and B$, welcome to join us.

You drop a False on me and support it with a Wikipedia entry?

emoticon%20lol.gif

90's rock music was absolutely awful. Probably one of the worst decades of music ever - other than rap.

Correction, catlanta can now EAD also.

Grassroots, Transistor, Evolver all classics.

Jesus....reading GYERO music takes is like watching a school bus on fire.

Back to the lurk.

Correction, catlanta can now EAD also.

Grassroots, Transistor, Evolver all classics.

Jesus....reading GYERO music takes is like watching a school bus on fire.

Back to the lurk.

I completely forgot about Grassroots. I stand corrected because that's a solid album, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT