ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer

Okay, finally tried Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale. I rated it 4.5 out of 5 stars. "Hoppy with citrus on the nose. Well-balanced. Sweeter notes on the tongue. Very slight piney touch. Nice beer." No disappointments here.

LagunitasUndercover.jpg
I tried the Lagunitas Undercover Shutdown Ale last night and really liked it. It reminds me of an English bitter with a slightly sweet finish like a ginger snap cookie. Also had some Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Both were excellent.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I'm not much of a beer drinker and only drink it occasionally so I don't know much about beers except how they taste to me. Last week I drank a beer in Paris, France called Birra Moretti and it was very good...possibly the best I can remember.

moretti-beer-logo.jpg

Just finished off a six of Bells Oberon. I think Bells and 3-Floyds are a couple of my favorite brewers.

To me Robert the Bruce is one of the best beers I've ever had. But to me Bells takes 3-floods slightly on overall body of work........but like I said, both are easily at the top of my brewer lists.

From Deadspin two years ago: 36 Cheap American Beers Ranked.

In last place: Keystone. "This is the worst beer currently sold on American soil".

laugh.gif

Happy 4th, y'all. I've got a few craft brews chilling in the fridge for later tonight.
Keystone tastes like bananas. I did a blind taste test and I could pick out Keystone easily. It's goddamn terrible. But nothing is as horrid as Pabst Ice. That shit tastes like an electric fire.

Keystone tastes like bananas. I did a blind taste test and I could pick out Keystone easily. It's goddamn terrible. But nothing is as horrid as Pabst Ice. That shit tastes like an electric fire.
Now I read the article and they too mention bananas.... Holy mackerel that's awesome

Anyone been to Tampa Bay Brewing Co......or Mad Beach Brewing? Getting ready for vacation.

Anyone been to Tampa Bay Brewing Co......or Mad Beach Brewing? Getting ready for vacation.

I just got back from Florida (Saint Augustine to be exact) and tried Cigar City's Jai Alai IPA - 4.75/5 - great, hoppy, citrusy beer.

CigarCityJaiAlaiIPA.jpg

I wish I would have brought back a few 6 packs, couldn't find any at Liquor Barn in Lexington today.

Was at the Rock Bottom brewery in Nashville Saturday night. Their IPA was pretty solid for a chain joint.

20110105-061509.jpg

was in wisconsin and a friend had a bunch of this...theyre pretty proud of it up there if price is the indicator. nonetheless a solid ale. very clean.
Did they finally shut up about their squeaky cheese curds and frozen custard, already,

I also picked up these, but haven't opened them......anyone have experience with these?

Saison%20Dupont%20Image-thumb-590x861-106734-thumb-590x861-106735.jpg

18400412813_c77a2df541_b.jpg

Had this last night. Great hefeweiss. Nice clove and banana.

weihenstephaner-hefe-weissbier-700x325.jpg
To me, Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier is the best wheat on the planet IF drawn fresh from the keg. The fresher, the better, especially if it's served over in Germany. Bottled version includes some sort of stinky little pain-in-the-ass after-taste that I can't quite put a finger on.

^A coworker of mine was stationed at Ramstein AFB back in the day. He's the one that turned me on to all things German. He has said the same thing as you. I hope to get over there one day and see.

(He's also my hookup for homebrews.....yum!)

I've had.......
Beer-of-the-Week-Smuttynose-Old-Brown-Dog-Ale.jpg

It's the only thing I've tried from Smuttynose. It was good enough to temp me with the limited production "Spank" brew.

Finally tried La Fin Du Monde. Drinking it now. Purchased at Trader Joe's for $7.99. The bottle is one of the most well-fabricated I have yet witnessed. Excellent! Awesome head retention. Outstanding complexity. Certainly, world-class.

LaFinDuMonde.jpg

Had the Smuttynose Spank last night. Really a great beer. It's like someone took a nice Saison/Farmhouse beer and decided to cross it with an IPA.

I just tried this tonight because it has a 96% on Beer Advocate. Very strong right off the bat.

Ruin6Pack.jpg

It had some kick to it immediately. First beer I've had in a long time where I felt a buzz after one. Crazy.

Still love Chimay the most though.
+1

Chimay Blue and White both rock hard. Really great beer and readily available in the most obscure stores (think Pappy's in Ewing, VA and Publix, Key Largo, FL) in the USA.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Said it before, but sour beers are the absolute best.

Had a couple 5* sours from Avery that blew my D off
I've missed Avery sours here, probably because of distribution limits. Couple years ago, an old boy told me, "it's all about your distributors". If my main outlets (Whole Foods - Domain, Sunrise Mini-mart Anderson, HEB, Specs) carry the the beers, then I will gladly sample.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT