ADVERTISEMENT

Getting out of a speeding ticket? Fight it or pay it?

Jason got it right. You will have to pay court costs which wil cost more. I had to go to court one time for my insurance not being on me. The case before me had a questionable outcome.

Basically a guy came well prepared. He had a chart, suit and tie. The cop that pulled him over is one that fits the mold. In Ohio you have to have a front and back license plate. This occurred in Ohio. It was dark and the guy didn't have a front plate. As he's getting ready to turn left a cop passes him and immeaditely turns around. Needless to say he got a ticket and tried to fight it. He claims the cop said things to him like I write the most tickets, have the most stops etc. One thing he did wrong was in a subtle way claimed to be a victim to DWB. He had a pretty good argument yet still lost and had to pay more. I was after him so after I talked to the judge, I asked how did the cop know he wasn't from kentucky, since we only require a back one. I wasn't trying to play lawyer but genuinely wanted to know. He basically said its Ohio and you have to assume they are Ohio drivers. I just think that's kind of bs and way to pull someone over it seemed very petty to me anyways.
Dude is lucky he didn't get shot for that ish.

next time berate the cop that pulls you over, fail to follow commands, curse at him, called him a p*ssy, and ask him if his dashboard camera is recording. Make sure it is. Maybe even swing at him.

It could be a slow day on the Paddock. Will maybe need something to talk about.

Well if you berate him, is it bc he's just asking for license, registration, and writing the ticket...or is he being condescending asking for nonsense over and over. If you fail to follow commands, is it the only command he should be asking...license and registration. Because thus far berating him, cursing and calling him a p*ssy isn't illegal...maybe his little feelings are crushed like back in high school...but not illegal. Now if you swing at him or grab at him, sure you should get blasted, but cops live in fear that the majority of the population, even in traffic stops, are actually jigsaw from the saw films. "I don't know, he reached for a bottle cap, how was I supposed to know it wasn't a homemade IED he was ready to throw..I mean he was speeding"

Just got a speeding ticket. 20 over. 45 in a 25 (that has no business being a 25). I noticed the cop and slowed down, but apparently too late. He was sitting in a little parking lot on the corner of Floydsburg and Ash. I turned left onto Ash and he pulled out of that parking lot and started following me for a short distance then turned on his lights. I pulled off into a driveway and got the ticket. He said he clocked me back on Floydsburg going 45.

So when I got home, I looked at the ticket later in the box labeled "Exact location of violation" it list "Ash Avenue". The speed limit on Ash is not 25. And he said he was ticketing me for speeding on Floydsburg.

So do I fight it since the ticket states the location of the violation incorrectly? Or is it just semantics and a waste of time. Ticket amount is 183 bucks.
p7rzm.jpg

We just paid the fine.

Geez, Some of you folks are some self righteous pricks...
I know I touched up and sped. I never contested that with the officer either. He pulled me over for making a mistake and charged me $183 bucks for it. My point is that the Officer also made a mistake by not documenting the violation properly, so why does he get a free pass to make a mistake, while I have to pay $183 bucks. If I can knock some $$ off of the ticket because the cop failed to document it properly then why shouldn't I?

Have you ever driven 25mph on a wide open, straight, flat stretch of road with all of four houses on it? May as well get out and walk. I'm not justifying going 20 over on that stretch of road...35 would be a sufficient speed limit for it. Also if you tell me you pulled me over for speeding on THAT street make sure you write that street down as the "Exact location of violation"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT