ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Prices for SEC home games

Jan 23, 2003
I thought with the bad weather I could find a decent deal on a couple of tickets to take my son to the Georgia game tomorrow. I looked at the major ticket sales websites and the ticket prices seemed high to me. We usually go to a game in December so maybe I am just ignorant of ticket prices for conference games. Anybody else think current ticket prices are high or is this just status quo?

I looked for 2 for tomorrow night. Uppers started at $100 which I thought was crazy.
I found 2 seats in the corner of the lower arena for $185. I thought that was for both tickets but it was for each. With fees, it came to more than $400 for 2 tickets in the corner section.

Section 31 about midway up was $600 per ticket.

• Wow
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I was back in KY last week and grabbed two tix to the Miss St game and they were around $35 a piece, about $90 for both (in the uppers) after fees. I’m guessing that might be due to a weekday vs weekend game.

I don’t mind the actual price of tix, it’s the damn fees that drive me crazy.

My Miami tickets were $90 on Ticketmaster (not resale) and I was 7 rows from the floor on the goal side next to the visitor bench. Best seats I've had in a long time.

I also just bought a similar seat for $90 (Ticketmaster, not resale) for the UF game on Jan 31, actually a little closer.

I did pony up ~$600 for the first row behind the eRUPPtion Zone for the UT game (I'll be in town all that week and weekend for work trip), and almost paid $1175 for 4th row behind the press table, center court. These were verified resale on Ticketmaster, but I just couldn't go that deep in pocket given sitting behind the kids is still pretty good.

And then a work trip to Lexington on Feb 12-14 got me lower level corner for $65 (Ticketmaster non-resale again).

Day before a weekend game, all you're likely going to find are resale on both TM and Stubhub. You may get lucky and see a random "blue" non-resale ticket, but a quick look on TM shows only one regular non-resale seat for tomorrow night's game, and that's $95 upper deck corner section 234.

Gotta get them early and they aren't that bad! Problem is, people are using TM's "verified resale" to scalp their own tickets, or tickets they never planned on using. I've already heard of people in different states that have no interest in going to a UK game buying up blocks of tix with the sole intention of using TM's verified resale. All Ticketmaster has done is turned everyone into scalpers.

Last edited:
My Miami tickets were $90 on Ticketmaster (not resale) and I was 7 rows from the floor on the goal side next to the visitor bench. Best seats I've had in a long time.

I also just bought a similar seat for $90 (Ticketmaster, not resale) for the UF game on Jan 31, actually a little closer.

I did pony up ~$600 for the first row behind the eRUPPtion Zone for the UT game (I'll be in town all that week and weekend for work trip), and almost paid $1175 for 4th row behind the press table, center court. These were verified resale on Ticketmaster.

And then a work trip to Lexington on Feb 12-14 got me lower level corner for $65 (Ticketmaster non-resale again).

Day before a weekend game, all you're likely going to find are resale on both TM and Stubhub. You may get lucky and see a random "blue" non-resale ticket, but a quick look on TM shows only one regular non-resale seat for tomorrow night's game, and that's $95 upper deck corner section 234.

Gotta get them early and they aren't that bad! Problem is, people are using TM's "verified resale" to scalp their own tickets, or tickets they never planned on using. I've already heard of people in different states that have no interest in going to a UK game buying up blocks of tix with the sole intention of using TM's verified resale. All Ticketmaster has done is turned everyone into scalpers.
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the comprehensive reply!

• Haha
Reactions: TriCountyCat
I was back in KY last week and grabbed two tix to the Miss St game and they were around $35 a piece, about $90 for both (in the uppers) after fees. I’m guessing that might be due to a weekday vs weekend game.

I don’t mind the actual price of tix, it’s the damn fees that drive me crazy.

This is ridiculous. As someone who has been to well over 600 UK basketball games home and road without having tickets before arriving at the locale, I hate this. Many thing have changed in me going to games. First one of our "3 Stooges" passed away just before Covid shut down the SEC Tournament and everything really.

As I said we went to many games and just asked folks going in if they had any extra tickets. Without fail we always found someone who had a couple back out at the last minute and would sell us the tickets, usually at the price on the ticket and often just giving them to us. Of course it was difficult finding 3 together but many times my son or my buddy's son would go so 2 and 2 was fine.

Now after Covid and the whole no touching thing, everything is electronic. You don't even get paper tickets unless you request them from the issuing teams site. I have saved my ticket stubs as souvenirs and that's now gone as well. Today if you sell your tickets you have to transfer them over the phone. For older folks as me, I don't feel very good about transferring money from my phone due to all the scammers and stuff, plus often at a venue with so many people there cell service isn't very good.

My son is wanting me to go when he takes his son to his first game. He bought tickets - online - for a reasonable price, or so I thought. One key stroke to buy 4 tickets and he was charged almost $30 - per ticket for a "handling fee". On top of that he had to pay tax on a ticket that had already been taxed. I am all for people making money but $30 to transfer the 4 tickets wouldn't have been too bad but per ticket just doesn't seem right.

Sorry for the rant. Now.............

This is ridiculous. As someone who has been to well over 600 UK basketball games home and road without having tickets before arriving at the locale, I hate this. Many thing have changed in me going to games. First one of our "3 Stooges" passed away just before Covid shut down the SEC Tournament and everything really.

As I said we went to many games and just asked folks going in if they had any extra tickets. Without fail we always found someone who had a couple back out at the last minute and would sell us the tickets, usually at the price on the ticket and often just giving them to us. Of course it was difficult finding 3 together but many times my son or my buddy's son would go so 2 and 2 was fine.

Now after Covid and the whole no touching thing, everything is electronic. You don't even get paper tickets unless you request them from the issuing teams site. I have saved my ticket stubs as souvenirs and that's now gone as well. Today if you sell your tickets you have to transfer them over the phone. For older folks as me, I don't feel very good about transferring money from my phone due to all the scammers and stuff, plus often at a venue with so many people there cell service isn't very good.

My son is wanting me to go when he takes his son to his first game. He bought tickets - online - for a reasonable price, or so I thought. One key stroke to buy 4 tickets and he was charged almost $30 - per ticket for a "handling fee". On top of that he had to pay tax on a ticket that had already been taxed. I am all for people making money but $30 to transfer the 4 tickets wouldn't have been too bad but per ticket just doesn't seem right.

Sorry for the rant. Now.............

It’s disgusting. I won’t patronize any of the online ticket outlets. If that means I don’t get to go to games anymore then so be it. The experience stopped being worth it some years back.

Reactions: BillyJoeCat-fan
I have 2 upper level tickets to the Vandy game I'm looking to get rid of for face value. If it gets closer to game day and they're not sold you'll find them on Ticketmaster for lower than face. I'm not trying to make any money off them, it's just easier for me as an out of stater to buy a 5 game package and sell the tickets to the games I can't get to than it is for me to try to fight for firsthand tickets right when they go on sale. Usually I miss out and have to pay resale prices anyway for the few games I like to go to per year.

I bought 2 tickets for tomorrow night lower level for $300.

I’ve paid that much for no name teams so I thought that was a decent price.

Bought them Monday.

I guess everyone's definition of paying too much is different. In '96 at the Meadowlands in the last year the FF was in an actual arena, we talked to a couple guys in the Hotel we were looking for tickets. A huge number of UK fans were there. One of them told us they got 2 lowers for $3000 for the pair. They said we just got lucky. My buddy and I walked away shaking our heads and said somebody got lucky but I don't think it was them. We found a pair on the sidewalk in front of the arena for $125 (almost double face value) for the pair. When we went in and sat down the guys who just "got lucky" were 2 rows behind us.

I'm talking about pre-Covid and all electronic ticket transferring but I've been to every Final Four that UK has played in since 1996 and I haven't spent $300 for a game (albeit just a single ticket). In San Antonio '98 I bought a lower level seat for $50 which was the face value. I thanked the guys I bought it from and said I was going to continue looking because I had some more folks with me and they said well we have another if you want it.

Just another reason I haven't gone to games as I have in the past. I averaged between 20-25 games a year - home, road and tournament - for over 25 years. Since Covid and the ticket transferring instead of actual tickets, I haven't been to 25 total.

Reactions: TriCountyCat
I guess everyone's definition of paying too much is different. In '96 at the Meadowlands in the last year the FF was in an actual arena, we talked to a couple guys in the Hotel we were looking for tickets. A huge number of UK fans were there. One of them told us they got 2 lowers for $3000 for the pair. They said we just got lucky. My buddy and I walked away shaking our heads and said somebody got lucky but I don't think it was them. We found a pair on the sidewalk in front of the arena for $125 (almost double face value) for the pair. When we went in and sat down the guys who just "got lucky" were 2 rows behind us.

I'm talking about pre-Covid and all electronic ticket transferring but I've been to every Final Four that UK has played in since 1996 and I haven't spent $300 for a game (albeit just a single ticket). In San Antonio '98 I bought a lower level seat for $50 which was the face value. I thanked the guys I bought it from and said I was going to continue looking because I had some more folks with me and they said well we have another if you want it.

Just another reason I haven't gone to games as I have in the past. I averaged between 20-25 games a year - home, road and tournament - for over 25 years. Since Covid and the ticket transferring instead of actual tickets, I haven't been to 25 total.
True. I’ve been to every FF that UK has played in since ‘78.

Worst seats and highest price we have paid was ‘15 in Indy.

$1200 for 2 upper level end zone tickets.

Paid $900 in ‘12 for floor level tickets for Sat and Monday.

Bought them on the street outside the arena on Sat.

I’ve got a room reserved in Az for this year’s FF. Won’t look for tickets until I know UK is in.

Same for the SEC this year. We’ll be there. But I don’t think I’ll buy tickets until we get there. Unless someone offers me a deal on LL tickets.

Usually pay in the $1500 range for 2 LL books for the SEC.

Reactions: UKSouthpaw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT