ADVERTISEMENT

Georgios Papagiannis' recruitment

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
Apparently Kentucky is after him. I suppose it would add post depth.
7'1 235# center, class of 2015, 5 star recruit according to 247sports

Good project player if eligible.

Agreed. Would give some necessary depth. Could offer a lot for us off the bench, and if needed, he could play the 5 while Skal plays the 4 on occasion.

Still can't believe Clark's son might play for us.

vegas%20vacation_zpsg2nwwijr.jpg

He will go to UNC after "winning" all those cars.

I put a dollar in, I got a car. I scribbled on the back of a losing Keno ticket, I got a degree.

I doubt we get him especially with Wynyard in the fold. But would certainly make sense with the lack of bigs in next years class, or the uncertainty with the bigs in next years class. Better to get them this year and potentially keep them for another year.

I'd absolutely take him, because the size and skill and upside is there for sure.

He'd either give us amazing depth for this year and be a lottery/mid first round pick, or he'd be back in 2016 alongside Wynyard in a year where the big man crop is fairly weak, similar to how I think Cal planned on utilizing Zimmerman.

Bring him in if he's rated that high by somebody. I've been hoping we could find one of those type guys like Sabonis for Gonzaga.

Might be a nice addition, as long as he doesn't eat into the minutes of any of our main guys.

Our top six need to get most of the PT.

I doubt we get him especially with Wynyard in the fold. But would certainly make sense with the lack of bigs in next years class, or the uncertainty with the bigs in next years class. Better to get them this year and potentially keep them for another year.

Pretty sure Wynyard prefers to wait until 2016 anyway. He would only get to play a half season, and it will take time to catch up with the other guys and learn the system.

Averaging 11 points, 11.7 rebounds and 4.7 blocks so far at the FIBA U19 World Championships.

that size, those skills, those numbers, already tested against great competition--I'll take him, especially if he's here for the full season. Makes Wynyard even more of a luxury.

Reactions: brianpoe
Averaging 11 points, 11.7 rebounds and 4.7 blocks so far at the FIBA U19 World Championships.

that size, those skills, those numbers, already tested against great competition--I'll take him, especially if he's here for the full season. Makes Wynyard even more of a luxury.

Very impressive. Would be a terrific pick-up. Hopefully we get him. Would be a nice commodity to have. I at least like that we're listed against NC State and St. John's.

Watched some footage looks like a poor mans Hansbrough with a nice touch. Tell you truth would not mind having him. Can score from right and left side of block with above average touch. Bank hook shoots , hook shots solid 15 footer, Physical player. I want him and yes I am greedy!

Reactions: brianpoe
Also, the timing favors us. I'm sure he took note of KAT and WCS going as high as they did in the draft. Didn't see that from the other schools that are listed.

Watching video and he looks like he could play. I expect Wynyard will be here mid year and I expect he will be here preparing for 2016-2017 and could redshirt. We have depth to be great but we have also seen a big guy go down each of the past thee years. If that happens this year we are going to be relying on Willis to play in the paint or Wynyard to come in mid year and be able to contribute 15-20 minutes a night, which would be a stretch.

If we get this guy it's crazy to think what Cal has thrown together in a very short time missing out on some targets. There is not a coach in the country that can do what Cal does when it comes to recruiting

Watched some footage looks like a poor mans Hansbrough with a nice touch. Tell you truth would not mind having him. Can score from right and left side of block with above average touch. Bank hook shoots , hook shots solid 15 footer, Physical player. I want him and yes I am greedy!

He is huge. College teams would have a very hard time with him.

Reactions: buckkiller
Him and Skal in the paint would be some serious low post offense. I am hoping we land him.

Whatever happens, happens, it's Cal's team but I am wondering where this guy gets minutes?

If he is eyeing the NBA he is expecting to start most likely or log big minutes off the bench.

Who loses minutes?

There's only 80 minutes at the 4 and 5 spots (40 each).

Labissiere gets around 30 minutes.

That leaves 50 minutes. Not a lot to split three ways.

If Poythress gets 30 minutes, then either Lee and this kid split the remaining 20 and get 10 each or one of them sits the pine.

Poythress could move to the 3 to free up minutes for Lee and this kid. Goodbye three guard lineup, goodbye Poy at his natural 4 spot. That also takes away minutes from Matthews and/or Mulder.

Or Poythress still gets most of his minutes at the 4 and Lee once again gets buried on the bench or this guy comes in and plays spot minutes.

I know it will work out, but I would hate to see Lee lose his chance to get significant minutes.

And I don't want to see Poythress at the SF for more than 5-10 minutes each game.

Cal may disagree, and it's his team, so I just have to deal with it, but I would just as soon see Wynyard come in at Christmas and call it a team.

Whatever happens, happens, it's Cal's team but I am wondering where this guy gets minutes?

If he is eyeing the NBA he is expecting to start most likely or log big minutes off the bench.

Who loses minutes?

If Poythress gets 30 minutes, then either Lee and this kid split the remaining 20 and get 10 each or one of them sits the pine.

Poythress could move to the 3 to free up minutes for Lee and this kid. Goodbye three guard lineup, goodbye Poy at his natural 4 spot. That also takes away minutes from Matthews and/or Mulder.

Or Poythress still gets most of his minutes at the 4 and Lee once again gets buried on the bench or this guy comes in and plays spot minutes.

I know it will work out, but I would hate to see Lee lose his chance to get significant minutes.

And I don't want to see Poythress at the SF for more than 5-10 minutes each game.

Cal may disagree, and it's his team, so I just have to deal with it, but I would just as soon see Wynyard come in at Christmas and call it a team.

The BEST plays. It's not personal feeling.

We can have Poythress play and in general he'll look slightly better than usual because he'll have better spacers around him.

But again, best player will play. I don't care who will be pushed to the bench. It's good for the kids to compete and actual learn that it's actually real life.

Who loses minutes?

I understand what you're saying and would agree, but then i get to thinking, what if the talent is too good to pass up? I mean it's not like college basketball is full of talented 7'fters. I would bring the kid in and let him be the first sub off the bench. At most schools that probably wouldn't work, but with Cal's recent run of getting big men drafted, it might here.This kid at center and Lee and pf off the bench would be great depth in the front court. I'm with you on not wanting Poy at sf.
I just don't think you can pass on a talent like this kid if he decides he wants to come to ky. The best player will play in the end.

The BEST plays. It's not personal feeling.

We can have Poythress play and in general he'll look slightly better than usual because he'll have better spacers around him.

But again, best player will play. I don't care who will be pushed to the bench. It's good for the kids to compete and actual learn that it's actually real life.

I think there is more to it than that.

Chemistry is a real issue for a team.

Too much talent can be a problem.

Right now, I think we have the perfect balance. Six starter level guys. A couple of role players.

You start trying to add more to the mix and people start losing minutes and become unhappy. It happens.

This team could be special. That can change if you add the wrong ingredient to the recipe.

I hope that doesn't happen.

Either way, I trust Cal to work it out.

I understand what you're saying and would agree, but then i get to thinking, what if the talent is too good to pass up? I mean it's not like college basketball is full of talented 7'fters. I would bring the kid in and let him be the first sub off the bench. At most schools that probably wouldn't work, but with Cal's recent run of getting big men drafted, it might here.This kid at center and Lee and pf off the bench would be great depth in the front court. I'm with you on not wanting Poy at sf.
I just don't think you can pass on a talent like this kid if he decides he wants to come to ky. The best player will play in the end.

Things are balanced well right now.

I just hope Cal doesn't try to add too much.

There are only 200 minutes of game play available. When you add another guy to the rotation, it takes minutes away from another.

But like I said, it's his team, he can do with it as he pleases. I'm just a fan.

I think there is more to it than that.
Chemistry is a real issue for a team.
Too much talent can be a problem.
Right now, I think we have the perfect balance. Six starter level guys. A couple of role players.
You start trying to add more to the mix and people start losing minutes and become unhappy. It happens.
This team could be special. That can change if you add the wrong ingredient to the recipe.
I hope that doesn't happen.
Either way, I trust Cal to work it out.
Chemistry isn't something we know till team comes together.
Too much talent can be a problem, but it might not. I want more game changers. (of course i'm not saying this guy is..)

I agree this team can be special, and i been saying it before Murray. So i'm okay with whatever happens.

Things are balanced well right now.

I just hope Cal doesn't try to add too much.

There are only 200 minutes of game play available. When you add another guy to the rotation, it takes minutes away from another.

But like I said, it's his team, he can do with it as he pleases. I'm just a fan.

If Cal signs this kid, Lee better be improving a whole lot if he wants to play. I think Cal sees another shot at the title, every player will have to earn his time. Cal has already said he will tighten it back up.

I love Marcus but I want the best players on the court. Worst case scenario is that he makes Marcus better.

If Cal signs this kid, Lee better be improving a whole lot if he wants to play. I think Cal sees another shot at the title, every player will have to earn his time. Cal has already said he will tighten it back up.

I love Marcus but I want the best players on the court. Worst case scenario is that he makes Marcus better.

I hear what you are saying, but I have to disagree. The worst case scenario is Lee transfers. Still, I get your point.

I hear what you are saying, but I have to disagree. The worst case scenario is Lee transfers. Still, I get your point.

Who transfers from UK after nonstarters go lottery and why would anyone transfer to play only one season?

Who transfers from UK after nonstarters go lottery and why would anyone transfer to play only one season?
If Lee were to transfer (and I sure hope not) he would have two seasons left wouldn't he? I thought he was a true sophomore this year. Was he not part of the class with the twins, Johnson, Young, Randal, Hawkins, and Willis? If so, he sets out his red shirt year then has his junior and senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT