ADVERTISEMENT

Georgios Papagiannis' recruitment

I'm not sure why you keep thinking that he would take minutes away from more deserving players? Or that we have to play all kids a certain amount of minutes?

If we sign him it doesn't have to push Lee to the bench or Poy to the three

This is not last year. IMO, if for some reason he did choose UK he would back up Skal and Lee backup Poythress. But if Lee is that much better Marcus would provide backup time at both positions.

All players are not "eating" this year.

As to Tai, many have high hopes on something that rarely occurs, a mid season transfer making an impact. Other than Stokes I'm not sure of any others off the top of my head.

This kid is not coming unless he is getting 20-25 minutes per game. He is wanting to get drafted in '16.

Lee didn't come back to see limited minutes.

Labissiere is the projected #1 pick. He will play all he wants.

Poy came back to play. He'll get his minutes.

If he comes, Poy will see a lot more minutes at SF to free up minutes for Labissiere, Papagiannis, and Lee.

That effects the rotation and style of play.

I'm cool with that. I just wonder how many people on here will love having this kid, yet will complain when we go back to the post heavy half court offense we have featured the last few seasons, when we sign another 7 footer?

This kid is not coming unless he is getting 20-25 minutes per game. He is wanting to get drafted in '16.

Lee didn't come back to see limited minutes.

Labissiere is the projected #1 pick. He will play all he wants.

Poy came back to play. He'll get his minutes.

If he comes, Poy will see a lot more minutes at SF to free up minutes for Labissiere, Papagiannis, and Lee.

That effects the rotation and style of play.

I'm cool with that. I just wonder how many people on here will love having this kid, yet will complain when we go back to the post heavy half court offense we have featured the last few seasons, when we sign another 7 footer?

I definitely do not disagree with what he or any other player wants. And there is no arguing the offensive set when he is in the game.

If Cal stays true to his word then a good player would be sitting more than he wanted. Assuming we are going back to a tighter rotation.

I think Cal would like the option to go big in the halfcourt if he wanted to though.

All that said I'm not that confident we sign him. And your points are very valid if we do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT