ADVERTISEMENT

Guy on twitter says Ohio state refused to pay him other half of NIL deal

Source says….

It seems there’s a lot of crap being spread everywhere. No one really knows what is true or who to believe. Getting messy out there.

Wondering where does a situation like this rank in the world of negative recruiting nowadays?

If it were me, it would be at the top of things I'd show a recruit in a recruiting battle

Happens quite frequently. Kids sign somewhere expecting an amount of money that doesn't get delivered. Allegedly UL football just had a bunch of new guys revolt and threatened to leave unless $$$ was fixed.

Part of the risks in NIL deals between 3rd parties & kids, they might agree with shady people.

Just make em employees & pay em a salary, eliminate this crap

Word is that our NIL was a hot mess as well if the Reeves situation was true. Although that won’t be the case with the new staff, have to wonder if that’s being used against us in private conversations with recruits.

Question for the group. If NIL deals are SUPPOSED to be opportunities between a player and some other entity (not the school) willing to pay the player for their NIL, WHY does that player and/or entity not request a contract be drawn up and signed for the terms of payment and NIL services rendered? Then requirements of the agreement for each party are legally binding.

This way, if a player seeks such a contract and the other party does not wish to sign anything in that regard, then the player knows the offered deal is likely BS.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The implication was his source got that from Trey himself. Here you go again trying to be combative.
I don't think so, you've got other posters on here confused as to the thread as well. It says "Tre Townsend says Ohio St refused to pay him other half of NIL deal" - which implies he's talking about himself, which is 100% false

Townsend has denied this is true but the Zyavier guy is doubling down.

Also, I tried finding information about this Zyavier guy. He exists only on Twitter. Can't figure that guy out.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don't think so, you've got other posters on here confused as to the thread as well. It says "Tre Townsend says Ohio St refused to pay him other half of NIL deal" - which implies he's talking about himself, which is 100% false
So you can't figure out that his source could have gotten that from Trey Townsend? Lol, ok man.

Townsend has denied this is true but the Zyavier guy is doubling down.

Also, I tried finding information about this Zyavier guy. He exists only on Twitter. Can't figure that guy out.
He's a good follow, and appears to be moderately accurate in his predictions/sources. I don't know anything about him aside from Twitter, but he was pretty transparent in a couple posts last week saying he wasn't expecting to blow up like this and didn't know it would happen, but will continue putting out what he hears from difference sources.

But yeah, NO CLUE who the guy is - could be another Trilly type thing, but who knows

So you can't figure out that his source could have gotten that from Trey Townsend? Lol, ok man.
Quite literally half the responses, maybe more, to your thread are from people other than me saying the exact same thing - why you'd title the thread the way you did. Heck, I don't know, maybe it's the drama. Maybe you were hoping posters would respond that way so you could try to get on your high-horse and prove them wrong

But it's cool. Over half the responses are calling you out, but you want to sit up there on your high-horse. You do you, buddy. Live that glamorous high-horse-message-board life. The rest of us will shiver with jealousy!

Quite literally half the responses, maybe more, to your thread are from people other than me saying the exact same thing - why you'd title the thread the way you did. Heck, I don't know, maybe it's the drama. Maybe you were hoping posters would respond that way so you could try to get on your high-horse and prove them wrong

But it's cool. Over half the responses are calling you out, but you want to sit up there on your high-horse. You do you, buddy. Live that glamorous high-horse-message-board life. The rest of us will shiver with jealousy!
Yeah, you're freaky man. It's a thread title. What the ****?

Supposedly no contracts exist in NIL.
Idk if this is true or not but we haven't seen any breach of contract court cases pop up yet.
Kinda makes me think"front" money will start to trump overall NIL payout with players.
I think this is a big thing with JQ.
He's looking for someone to push a suitcase full of cash across the table.
Takes a hell of a booster to pay half up front of a large NIL deal.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Guy on twitter says unnamed source says unnamed played didn't get paid. Also said it affected Trey Townsend decision to not attend Ohio St. which Townsend himself said was a lie.

Reactions: RunninRichie
You were right on a message board. Congratulations, I know it was a hard fought victory.
Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT