ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread Canada vs Kentucky

So all of them would have come to UK had Cal been elsewhere?

It’s looking like a good year and all the “fans” that went all-in on hating Cal are going to either have to pretend to be having fun this year or kick rocks and mope away. They are screwed either way, lmao.

RJs63Vs.jpg

So all of them would have come to UK had Cal been elsewhere?

It’s looking like a good year and all the “fans” that went all-in on hating Cal are going to either have to pretend to be having fun this year or kick rocks and mope away. They are screwed either way, lmao.
I didn’t say they would’ve been at UK had Cal been elsewhere. Cal himself stated he doesn’t have to run an offense or plays for these guys to get shots. That this is the type of players for his system.
He has to out talent the other coach with players that can go one on one.
If he could halfway coach X’s and O’s he would have at least 2 more NC’s at UK.
This team will go as far as the players take it. Hopefully Cal stays out of the way.

Alex Lifeson is now living in my hometown of Naples Florida. Please don't leave out Celine Dion from the list of famous Canucks
Celine wasn’t much of a rocker, but I’ll give her props.

If we are going outside the pure rock genre, gotta give some love to one of the best singer/songwriters ever, Gordon Lightfoot.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
I haven't heard the name Frank Marino in many years. He was the Canadian Hendrix
One of my bandmates is a huge Frank Marino fan. He says Marino was better than Hendrix ever was. He hates when people make that comparison. LOL!

Marino was touring up until 2021 when he had to retire because of his health.

Just getting to watch the game.

Big takeaways is how open the offense is playing 4 out and even 5 out at time. Clamored for this for years when you’ve had the type of guards we’ve had. It opens up the middle and gives them space to drive and attack without running into help defenders and a clogged lane. It’s literally the “DDMO” concept at its core.

I don’t know if the spacing, 4 out, and increase in 3s is a product of Cal trusting Welch to implement an actual offense that isn’t predicated in size and bully ball, or if it’s a product of us not having our bigs available.

If it’s only bc Ugo and Bradshaw aren’t on the floor then I’m hoping we don’t regress and play slower with less ball movement and spacing when Bradshaw and Ugo are on the floor.

Hoping Cal sees the value of an explosive offense with great spacing and movement and lanes to drive w guys like Wagner, Dillingham, Edwards, Thiero, Reed, Reeves. And that everything doesn’t have to be about bigs and defense. As a matter of fact having big guards and playing guard/sf heavy lineups can make really good defensive teams. You’re just not focusing on guarding the rim (which is what Cal prefers) and your emphasis is on speed and taking away passing lanes and pressuring the ball. It’s a swarming defense not a sit back and challenge the shot defense

• Love
why are the cats wearing Kentucky jerseys rather than team USA?
I’m glad they aren’t. They have the USA warmups on. The jerseys have the American Flag patch. But Kentucky is in the USA and every player is a member of the Kentucky Basketball program so they are representing the USA and Kentucky.

The other teams are made up of players from all over their country that play for different organizations so “Canada” or “Germany” is the smallest common denominator that they all fall under (or team USA in the Olympics/world games when players are pulled from multiple teams). If you notice, the African teams logo is also BAL as the league for the continent consisting of 12 teams and not an individual country inside of Africa….bc the continent is the smallest common denominator

One of my bandmates is a huge Frank Marino fan. He says Marino was better than Hendrix ever was. He hates when people make that comparison. LOL!

Marino was touring up until 2021 when he had to retire because of his health.
I've been a drummer for many years. Jeff Beck gets my vote as the GOAT guitarist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT