ADVERTISEMENT

Drew’s gonna be the guy

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
And it will be a Mitch good ole boy special. Our program is broken maybe on life support. Drew will surely kill it. The guy will get man handled in the sec. No real pursuit of oats we will be back here in two years trying to hire oats or another guy. And Barney will saddle us with another massive contract for another terrible fit. Please get this clown outta Lexington before he kills the program.

And it will be a Mitch good ole boy special. Our program is broken maybe on life support. Drew will surely kill it. The guy will get man handled in the sec. No real pursuit of oats we will be back here in two years trying to hire oats or another guy. And Barney will saddle us with another massive contract for another terrible fit. Please get this clown outta Lexington before he kills the program.
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Religion is very integral to Drew's approach. Baylor, being integrated with religious faith, suited him perfectly.
He has been a head coach for 23 years, with 22 at Baylor.
Loyalty is a very good thing. It might be really hard for him to leave the program he’s built over the years.

Reactions: chevyman 50
It honestly sounds like Barnhart has other priorities that he is attempting. If we can’t get Donovan, Hurley, or Oats, then Drew is in the next group. If the top three turn us down after lucrative offers, we can’t be upset that Drew would get the call.

Reactions: Fox2monk and TM2013
good god i hope not. he loses 14 games a year and loses in the first or second round the majority of the time. if its him we will be running him outta town after he loses 29 games in two years.

• Sad
Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
He’ll be the pick I’d bet. I think he can handle it.
The problem is we can’t handle it. No way am I giving this Ass clown 3 years. The guy isn’t what you guys think. He is an awful fit and sure fire way to kill the program

Reactions: chroix
good god i hope not. he loses 14 games a year and loses in the first or second round the majority of the time. if its him we will be running him outta town after he loses 29 games in two years.
You should come to terms with it because that’s who it’s going to be and there’s no big name that’s coming that is better than him. Options are slim. Guy has a better resume than anyone we’ve ever had. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: TM2013
Drew a guy who consistently has Baylor competitive, and will be at a school with triple the resources and budget will not be terrible. I don’t get why people think he will suck. He isn’t the first choice but he is a good coach who a national title

Drew isn't my first choice but to say he will kill the program is ridiculous. He can recruit. He can coach. He plays multiple defenses. He runs inbound plays. He plays in early season tournaments. He is going to be here for 5 or 6 years and will not leave the program in any sort of disarray when he leaves.

It honestly sounds like Barnhart has other priorities that he is attempting. If we can’t get Donovan, Hurley, or Oats, then Drew is in the next group. If the top three turn us down after lucrative offers, we can’t be upset that Drew would get the call.
I will also say, Drew shouldn’t be the only call in that group. Pearl or even Pitino or Beard (extremely long shots on those two) could also be included in that group.

He does not lose 14 games a year. The last couple of year Baylor has been a high seed with him. Now he hasn’t made the second weekend which is a issue but he isn’t nearly as bad as a lot of you are acting like

Drew isn't my first choice but to say he will kill the program is ridiculous. He can recruit. He can coach. He plays multiple defenses. He runs inbound plays. He plays in early season tournaments. He is going to be here for 5 or 6 years and will not leave the program in any sort of disarray when he leaves.
Dude he will keep us at that cal last 7 years/tubby level that’s a death knell for the program. It needs and infusion of immediate optimism or the new coach will be run out fast

fans on this board drive me nuts. He turned Baylor around. People with unrealistic expectations thinking Hurley will come here. Hurley could come here and suck big time. He probably just got lucky with a couple players ever think of that. Drew don't have the resources Kentucky does. Bad fans who don't give Drew a chance are crazy. If Drew turns us down we'll probably end up with Pope.

Religion is very integral to Drew's approach. Baylor, being integrated with religious faith, suited him perfectly.
He has been a head coach for 23 years, with 22 at Baylor.
Loyalty is a very good thing. It might be really hard for him to leave the program he’s built over the years.
How does one reconcile this kind of religious focus as a state university? I'm not hitting on religion, but just saying it'll be a weird match up to have someone so open about how much he centers his team and school around Christianity at Baylor somehow coming and doing the same thing at a public university like Kentucky. I mean there are a TON of situations state schools have that would completely conflict with his religious belief system and approach to coaching.

I just don't see him leaving Baylor if religion is in fact his #1 focus on how he coaches and mentors.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Drew a guy who consistently has Baylor competitive, and will be at a school with triple the resources and budget will not be terrible. I don’t get why people think he will suck. He isn’t the first choice but he is a good coach who a national title
People aren't saying it, but a lot of the naysayers don't like the religion part of it being brought into UK.

How does one reconcile this kind of religious focus as a state university? I'm not hitting on religion, but just saying it'll be a weird match up to have someone so open about how much he centers his team and school around Christianity at Baylor somehow coming and doing the same thing at a public university like Kentucky. I mean there are a TON of situations state schools have that would completely conflict with his religious belief system and approach to coaching.

I just don't see him leaving Baylor if religion is in fact his #1 focus on how he coaches and mentors.
If it helps him I have a bible from my freshman year of high school on my car trunk ready to donate

Mitch and UK have literally just offered Hurley $11 million and that’s the STARTING offer.

This whole “MUH drew is the only one Mitch is offering” is blatantly false.

He may end up the coach but credit where credit is due. They’re swinging. They may miss. But they’re swinging.

fans on this board drive me nuts. He turned Baylor around. People with unrealistic expectations thinking Hurley will come here. Hurley could come here and suck big time. He probably just got lucky with a couple players ever think of that. Drew don't have the resources Kentucky does. Bad fans who don't give Drew a chance are crazy. If Drew turns us down we'll probably end up with Pope.
He’s been there 22 years for crying out loud. Every legit program in Texas is on par with Baylor now. Drew isn’t coming to Lexington hungry he’s gonna put it on cruise too. He plays the same style as cal. Rock fight city. Our ad sucks with this basketball thing really in general.

• Haha
Reactions: flacat22

Yours are good questions. I would imagine his religious commitment factors heavily into how he would be expected to coach here at Kentucky.

Reactions: TheDude73
People aren't saying it, but a lot of the naysayers don't like the religion part of it being brought into UK.
I don't think he's as good as people are making him out to be.

I also don't care about his religion stuff, but I'm confused on how someone so heavily religious in the sense that it's his core principal for coaching and mentoring will fit into the Kentucky sports scene. I don't want religion in my sports, at least not out there in the open. Feel free to pray as a team off the court and do your thing, but sports people want sports not linked to politics or religion.

Mitch and UK have literally just offered Hurley $11 million and that’s the STARTING offer.

This whole “MUH drew is the only one Mitch is offering” is blatantly false.

He may end up the coach but credit where credit is due. They’re swinging. They may miss. But they’re swinging.
What he made a phone call? A fax? You want the guy you send a delegation. Hurley is just gonna use Barney’s lazy overture as a way to squeeze more money from UCOnn

What he made a phone call? A fax? You want the guy you send a delegation. Hurley is just gonna use Barney’s lazy overture as a way to squeeze more money from UCOnn
How do YOU know what they did or didn’t do to court Hurley? You don’t, no one does but your butthurt over Mitch is causing you to think and post irrationally.

Reactions: University-6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT