ADVERTISEMENT

The panic on here is comical

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
Hurley was never going to leave with history (three-peat) staring him in the face. And honestly, I'm not sure his personality was a match here anyway.

Drew was Mitch's first choice, but hardly anyone else's. He won his title so why did he need UK?

Donovan was my preference to begin with, and I think he'd be motivated after Hurley proclaiming that his back to back was better than Donovan's. But if we don't get him, we'll be fine.

Pearl would kill it here and he would crawl to Lexington. Oats would probably take it although the way he handled the murder two years ago can't be discounted.

If Pitino can get Sheppard to stay I'm all in. Why? You KNOW he'd love another ring to stick it to Cal and the U of L people who ran him off. Motivated Pitino is a top three coach.

What about Bill Murray's son? He's the brains behind UConn, at least offensively.

Hurley was never going to leave with history (three-peat) staring him in the face. And honestly, I'm not sure his personality was a match here anyway.

Drew was Mitch's first choice, but hardly anyone else's. He won his title so why did he need UK?

Donovan was my preference to begin with, and I think he'd be motivated after Hurley proclaiming that his back to back was better than Donovan's. But if we don't get him, we'll be fine.

Pearl would kill it here and he would crawl to Lexington. Oats would probably take it although the way he handled the murder two years ago can't be discounted.

If Pitino can get Sheppard to stay I'm all in. Why? You KNOW he'd love another ring to stick it to Cal and the U of L people who ran him off. Motivated Pitino is a top three coach.

What about Bill Murray's son? He's the brains behind UConn, at least offensively.
There goes another one claiming Pearl would “crawl, fist fight, break down walls, eat nails, etc” for this job yet NOONE has/can show ANY proof that he is even interested in leaving Auburn.

people freaking out everywhere, some getting desperate enough to suggest Pitino, my goodness people, it will work out, we don't have to sell our souls

The fact that no clear cut frontrunner is emerging is cause for concern. we seem to be all over the map

I think people are nervous about the pope mention so early on. That's a 12th option type mention IMO.
Who knows in this day and age of “internet sources” how this got floated. For all we all know Pope may be on a list somewhere coming in at number 15. 80% of all the reporting we are getting is BS so take it all with a grain of salt and enjoy the ride knowing at the end of it Cal will not be our coach. Thats a win in itself.

Reactions: docholiday51
Bruce Pearl being as bad as Cal the last 5 years and still being coveted shows what the Cal hate was really about.

There goes another one claiming Pearl would “crawl, fist fight, break down walls, eat nails, etc” for this job yet NOONE has/can show ANY proof that he is even interested in leaving Auburn.

I don’t know the answer, but Pearle has always seemed to really marvel at the UK environment. I think he would want his shot. Not saying he deserves it, but would want it.

He has grown on me in recent years. You get a big personality with him and maybe that is what it takes.

Reactions: dl51344

That would be a wonderful sequel to "Groundhog Day"!

It is pretty dumb. It's been a few days.

I'm having fun with it. Plenty of great coaches out there. Many would crawl through broken glass to Lexington for the job.

We'll get a great coach.

Reactions: longtimefanSS71
It is pretty dumb. It's been a few days.

I'm having fun with it. Plenty of great coaches out there. Many would crawl through broken glass to Lexington for the job.

We'll get a great coach.
Coach would be in pretty rough shape if he had to crawl thru broken glass to get here, but it would serve him well after his first loss

Drew chose family. That's fine.
Hurley was a 1% chance. I get that.

Everyone has lost their minds. Everyone here says Kentucky is bigger than the coach. Well, act like it. We're gonna be fine.

Reactions: FurdTerguson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT