ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have any ideas on how to avoid getting upset by the negative posters?

For me almost any time I read a deliberately hurtful post it takes me a minute or two to shake it off, so I wind up spending less time on the board. I've tried hitting the IGNORE button for the posters who bug me but they keep coming; it feels like I'm trying to drain the ocean with a Solo cup.

I did one good thing last night by spontaneously buying good seats for an NBA game and that was great. Helps me to remember that there is enjoyable basketball outside of Kentucky.

But i'm optimistic for next year and I'd like to enjoy it to the max, part of which means I'd like to dive into this board when I have breaks between October and April.
Maybe send a couple down the hatch, it works wonders to not care about stuff I’ve heard.

I have no skin in the game.
It is amazing that many on here think is the only place people can visit. You do know that probably close to 90% of the fans do not ever come here or, to any site. I think it is humorous that guys/gals here think that they have a huge amount of influence.
Considering Cal has staffers and family members posing as fans here propping him up, it appears it does have a lot of influence. Ever seen the comments sections at KSR? Ghost town compared to here. If this place is so meh then why are you here?

You won't be able to enjoy it here if you want some positivity or even optimistic talk about the team. This group has lost that ability. It is what it is. If I'm excited about a player or looking forward to ANYTHING related to UK basketball, I don't post here about it anymore. The only thing you can talk about here now is how terrible the program is, how terrible Calipari is, and conspiracies related to those 2 things. There will be no positivity. This was once the place to talk all things basketball. The board is dying, both literally and figuratively. Wait until you see the response this post gets. 🤣

You won't be able to enjoy it here if you want some positivity or even optimistic talk about the team. This group has lost that ability. It is what it is. If I'm excited about a player or looking forward to ANYTHING related to UK basketball, I don't post here about it anymore. The only thing you can talk about here now is how terrible the program is, how terrible Calipari is, and conspiracies related to those 2 things. There will be no positivity. This was once the place to talk all things basketball. The board is dying, both literally and figuratively. Wait until you see the response this post gets. 🤣
From what I've seen of the board it's reactionary. If there's lots of negatives like losing to St. Peter and going 9-16 the year before, and a subpar season just ended, well, most posts are going to sound negative to you. I'd bet that if we have a great season this upcoming year most posts will be positive. But you can't expect people to be positive when the whole thing is circling the toilet.

There’s so much to be positive about!

Behind the scenes Cal fudged himself in monumental fashion with turning down PK 80 and this last PK events and then kneeling. I don’t mind kneeling but in the SE fricking C, kneeling when maga is all throughout it including boosters of UK, was monumentally stupid

So if you want the blissful ignorance , life will always throw you curveballs you won’t see coming, But if you pay attention and accept the reality. You can realize when maybe do some other things than putting all hope into a coach who is the second biggest narcissist outside of trump.

Well said...

Understand. Find a sensible response to the negativity. And post it. I’d like to see it.

I try to stay off the board for a day or two after a loss - that helps.

But honestly I'm just numb to negativity in general. I'm not sure how old you are but eventually we all turn a little cynical for many reasons.

They call him ILL...

• Haha
Reactions: IL Wildcat
Just man or lady up OP.... You can do it. Be Positive... Not positive like Curly... but positive like a spark plug...

curly-three-stooges.gif

large.gif

Reactions: Backer cutter
Understand. Find a sensible response to the negativity. And post it. I’d like to see it.
It's a legitimate reply and a reasonable suggestion, no doubt. There is clearly legit reason to be negative. Truly, I understand it and get why it has happened to our board. Cal has burned many bridges and pretty much all goodwill.

The only thing that really irks me about the board today is that any positive idea posted immediately gets slammed. I actually think that is what frustrates the OP and I also totally get that.

Say someone is excited about the team next season or even specific recruits coming in. It would be nice if someone could make a post about Reed Sheppard, for example. Can we have a positive conversation about him without 10 replies chiming in "yeah, but Calipari will screw it up" or "too bad our offense is from 1987" or "Kentucky is where shooters go to die" ? Can we at least be happy or excited before we sound the death nell on 2023-24 and every player on that team?

And yes, I know we used to always build up players to an extreme with little balance- every incoming player hung the moon and was the greatest since Pete Maravich or the best shooter since Kyle Macy. Balance is good but we've skipped the balance and gone over the other extreme.

It's a legitimate reply and a reasonable suggestion, no doubt. There is clearly legit reason to be negative. Truly, I understand it and get why it has happened to our board. Cal has burned many bridges and pretty much all goodwill.

The only thing that really irks me about the board today is that any positive idea posted immediately gets slammed. I actually think that is what frustrates the OP and I also totally get that.

Say someone is excited about the team next season or even specific recruits coming in. It would be nice if someone could make a post about Reed Sheppard, for example. Can we have a positive conversation about him without 10 replies chiming in "yeah, but Calipari will screw it up" or "too bad our offense is from 1987" or "Kentucky is where shooters go to die" ? Can we at least be happy or excited before we sound the death nell on 2023-24 and every player on that team?

And yes, I know we used to always build up players to an extreme with little balance- every incoming player hung the moon and was the greatest since Pete Maravich or the best shooter since Kyle Macy. Balance is good but we've skipped the balance and gone over the other extreme.
Cal repulses people when he’s losing, it’s that simple. But it’s not a modern day thing. It’s a Kentucky thing. Not sure your age, doesn’t matter. I’m old enough to remember the vitriol thrown at Joe B. In the seventies and early 80’s. My dad was one of many. But when he won, all praise. It’s Kentucky Basketball. And fans like my dad are what made it. Ever saw a spoiled brat be successful, on their own merits? Me neither.

I'm still trying to figure out what other things we should be talking about when posters talk about rejecting the "negativity." We've highlighted the incoming freshmen until the cows come home. Maybe just post about those guys?

We have our longest non-#1 seed streak going in the history of our program.

We have our second-longest Final Four drought under one coach in the history of our program.

We're losing about 80 to 90% of our team, when those same players still have college eligibility remaining, and only one of them will be drafted.

We have lost in the 2nd round round, 1st round, and failed to make the tournament in the last three consecutive seasons.

We have the #1 class. I guess there's light at the end of the tunnel with those guys, but factor in the Shaedon Sharpe issue and the rumors regarding Dillingham, and it's hard to be positive about a bunch of elite freshmen saving the day.

Maybe the best advice I can give is this: don't come here until Calipari or another future coach turns this thing around, because there isn't much to talk about from a positive level right now.
This is a great response, Saul. But I also liked the suggestion of the sippy cup.

I never get upset by any poster, it is just a message board. Do not take anything posted to heart and you will be fine. I can put up with trolls, Cal lovers and haters. It is just words and nothing to get upset about.

Oh no, some ones feelings were hurt about Cal sucks and how he coaches. :p :p :p :p

Behind the scenes Cal fudged himself in monumental fashion with turning down PK 80 and this last PK events and then kneeling. I don’t mind kneeling but in the SE fricking C, kneeling when maga is all throughout it including boosters of UK, was monumentally stupid

So if you want the blissful ignorance , life will always throw you curveballs you won’t see coming, But if you pay attention and accept the reality. You can realize when maybe do some other things than putting all hope into a coach who is the second biggest narcissist outside of trump.
Right behind you.

Not trying to be rude man, but don’t get offended or let people you don’t know bother you. It’s a message board about Kentucky basketball, I don’t know why some on here sit and act like being positive about the bad situation Kentucky is in right now. The truth is Kentucky has been below average these last 3 years, we have a coach who won’t change and we are starting to slip among the best of the best.

We started slipping a long time ago. We are in a full blown skid right now.

Once you hate your customers (the fans) it is over with. Maybe something good happens but the fans and coach have different goals. One wants Championships the other wants an NBA Legacy of having wasted the most talent of any coach in history.

Gibberish. He doesn't hate the fans at all or he wouldn't go to Eastern KY, Paducah, etc.. He doesn't like that the nasty online fans, that's for sure, but that represents only a tiny fraction of the base. Even most of the online fans are good ones, but it only takes a small bunch to raise a ruckus, spread false narratives, make us all look dumb, etc.

Gibberish. He doesn't hate the fans at all or he wouldn't go to Eastern KY, Paducah, etc.. He doesn't like that the nasty online fans, that's for sure, but that represents only a tiny fraction of the base. Even most of the online fans are good ones, but it only takes a small bunch to raise a ruckus, spread false narratives, make us all look dumb, etc.
You need no help looking dumb Baller.

For me almost any time I read a deliberately hurtful post it takes me a minute or two to shake it off, so I wind up spending less time on the board. I've tried hitting the IGNORE button for the posters who bug me but they keep coming; it feels like I'm trying to drain the ocean with a Solo cup.

I did one good thing last night by spontaneously buying good seats for an NBA game and that was great. Helps me to remember that there is enjoyable basketball outside of Kentucky.

But i'm optimistic for next year and I'd like to enjoy it to the max, part of which means I'd like to dive into this board when I have breaks between October and April.
I've now had time to give this terrible situation some thought and I've reached an irrefutable conclusion:

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT