ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have any ideas on how to avoid getting upset by the negative posters?

downthehatch

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 29, 2009
For me almost any time I read a deliberately hurtful post it takes me a minute or two to shake it off, so I wind up spending less time on the board. I've tried hitting the IGNORE button for the posters who bug me but they keep coming; it feels like I'm trying to drain the ocean with a Solo cup.

I did one good thing last night by spontaneously buying good seats for an NBA game and that was great. Helps me to remember that there is enjoyable basketball outside of Kentucky.

But i'm optimistic for next year and I'd like to enjoy it to the max, part of which means I'd like to dive into this board when I have breaks between October and April.

For me almost any time I read a deliberately hurtful post it takes me a minute or two to shake it off, so I wind up spending less time on the board. I've tried hitting the IGNORE button for the posters who bug me but they keep coming; it feels like I'm trying to drain the ocean with a Solo cup.

I did one good thing last night by spontaneously buying good seats for an NBA game and that was great. Helps me to remember that there is enjoyable basketball outside of Kentucky.

But i'm optimistic for next year and I'd like to enjoy it to the max, part of which means I'd like to dive into this board when I have breaks between October and April.

Ignore them all. One named law of luke or something came at me today who had just joined 3 weeks ago.... so he clearly had been shown the door for bad behavior and was starting over with a new name and pathetically acting like he was just another newbie, lol. Just hit ignore. Good feature here.

I'm still trying to figure out what other things we should be talking about when posters talk about rejecting the "negativity." We've highlighted the incoming freshmen until the cows come home. Maybe just post about those guys?

We have our longest non-#1 seed streak going in the history of our program.

We have our second-longest Final Four drought under one coach in the history of our program.

We're losing about 80 to 90% of our team, when those same players still have college eligibility remaining, and only one of them will be drafted.

We have lost in the 2nd round round, 1st round, and failed to make the tournament in the last three consecutive seasons.

We have the #1 class. I guess there's light at the end of the tunnel with those guys, but factor in the Shaedon Sharpe issue and the rumors regarding Dillingham, and it's hard to be positive about a bunch of elite freshmen saving the day.

Maybe the best advice I can give is this: don't come here until Calipari or another future coach turns this thing around, because there isn't much to talk about from a positive level right now.

block their sorry UofL loving butts

Not trying to be rude man, but don’t get offended or let people you don’t know bother you. It’s a message board about Kentucky basketball, I don’t know why some on here sit and act like being positive about the bad situation Kentucky is in right now. The truth is Kentucky has been below average these last 3 years, we have a coach who won’t change and we are starting to slip among the best of the best.

Not trying to be rude man, but don’t get offended or let people you don’t know bother you. It’s a message board about Kentucky basketball, I don’t know why some on here sit and act like being positive about the bad situation Kentucky is in right now. The truth is Kentucky has been below average these last 3 years, we have a coach who won’t change and we are starting to slip among the best of the best.
Moral high-ground.

I hear there is a UK basketball Facebook group that will not allow criticism. That sounds like the safe space you're looking for.
I agree. It is not a bad place at all. There are a few very knowledgeable diehard UK fans there. Negativity, and mindless posts are not allowed. The moderator as I understand, created the group to give an alternative to this one.

I agree. It is not a bad place at all. There are a few very knowledgeable diehard UK fans there. Negativity, and mindless posts are not allowed. The moderator as I understand, created the group to give an alternative to this one.
giphy-8.gif

Look, this is a message board with a lot of tough computer guys and girls. As they say in Nola “You better have alligator skin or you will be eaten alive” I think you are like a lot of us, we have been beaten down and depressed watching what UK has put on the floor the last few (3) years. Post and just don’t take them serious, it’s words about UK basketball

am woke . I am aware
You know , there are places that UK basketball can actually be discussed. Criticism is allowed but not the nonstop, hate filled , asshole comments like many on here tend to do. I would give you 4 or 5 posts before the moderator puts the Asshole label on you and kicks you out. Thats okay. You gotta be you.

Ignore…that’s all you got. I ignore most of the new accounts with hot takes right out of the gate. Some are more patient and take their time to blend in before showing their true colors. I maintain about 40% of the posters here are fake fans just here to stir the pot. That may be a low number.

Reactions: kl40504 and UKortho

It's interesting that some would laugh at your post as if this is the only place where UK fans go, lmao. Talk about delusional. 75-85% of UK fans don't post on ANY message boards and if they do visit them, it's no more than a quick look to stay up to date on current news.

You're upset by....a high school hallway? Because that's essentially what this board is. Keep in mind, there are some UK fans who never graduated high school and have the emotional IQ of a turnip. I wouldnt let it bother you.

Reactions: kl40504
Ignore them all. One named law of luke or something came at me today who had just joined 3 weeks ago.... so he clearly had been shown the door for bad behavior and was starting over with a new name and pathetically acting like he was just another newbie, lol. Just hit ignore. Good feature here.
I didn't come at you. I saw you making an ass of yourself in another thread and asked you to calm down, before you get banned. I was trying to do you a solid. Now you're on here with some weak passive aggressive junk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT