ADVERTISEMENT

DADYERO

Baby is perfectly healthy per the doctors, just super tiny.

No C section. Delivery was chaotic. She went from barely dilated to completely dilated in less than two hours, which explains why she was in so much pain despite an epidural. Doctor walked in the room at 5:08 and she was born 11 minutes later.

Felt guilty about it, but sent her to the nursery last night so we could rest a little. We still decided to have her brought back to the room for feeding. Pediatrician already cleared her to go home tomorrow (provided nothing comes up between now and then) as long as momma is ok. It's shocking, in a good way, because I automatically assume there'd be something wrong with a baby this small.

Anybody tried Nanny360? It's a wireless video monitor that can be used in cars. The monitor mounts on the windshield like a GPS. I ordered one after a friend's recommendation because our car seat can't go in the middle and it will be a real pain to try to see her and what she's up to while driving.

Now to give Lass a lecture about trying to watch her and drive at the same time...

Girls are pretty great. Have an almost 6 year old boy and a just turned 2 girl. Boys are easier but the girls can be awful sweet.
11745429_10206310473874978_9108112741238489577_n.jpg

My 1.5 year old daughter has been having night terrors, per the doctor. Basically she gets up around 2am every night screaming bloody murder for me, scared beyond belief. I get her out of her crib and lie her next to me in my bed. She stops crying immediately and snuggles me very tightly. It's unreal. Congrats norm, nothing like a little girl.

My youngest did the same thing at the same age. I'd go in to pick him up and if I hadn't assured him that it was ok, he'd scurry to the corner of the crib terrified. Went on for about 2 weeks and I thought we were going to lose our minds.

With twins, we were so exhausted we would put them to bed at 8pm. In a few days they were able to go to bed on their own with ease. You will have a few curveballs.

* tip for new parents- when you hear your child breathing on the monitor and it sounds like an engine don't freak out and run to the hospital. It's the croup. Just take junior for a ride with the windows down or hold them near an open freezer door and it should do the trick. The 1st time that happened I scooped him up and ran to the emergency room and by the time I got there it went away.
Did the same thing here, Brady. I was 100 different kinds of freaked out

Well, this is as good of a place as any to ask this question...does potty training really work?

My boy/girl combo twins turned 2 yesterday. They are starting to notice when they go in their diapers, especially the girl, she pulls at it and says "I pooped"...even for #1, she just uses poop, guess she likes the word.

Anyway, I'm ready to get them out of diapers, hell, it would be like getting a raise with the amount of money we are going through for diapers now. Any helpful advice?

We put the toy potty in the main room they stay in and have tried watching for signs of needing to go and take them to it...up to this point all my daughter wants to do is wear it as a hat and my boy likes to drink juice from his cup and spit in it.

We put the toy potty in the main room they stay in

Try putting it in the bathroom and take them in there right after they go in the diaper. Make it a routine....throw the diaper away in the bathroom, have them get up to the sink and wash their hands.

Reward them with letting them flush the big toilet after you dump the little potty pee/poop in it. When they're finally doing it in there, I mean.

It ain't easy. The beginning is a nightmare because you do have to be on them like a hawk to catch when they go in the diaper ASAP.

My 13 month old has got to where she will go get a diaper and bring it to us when she goes either piss or shit. I'm hoping that's a good omen for potty training

Reactions: Mashburned
Just switched to the purple lid of similac (most expensive :weary:) as it is supposedly the best for colic and fussiness.

Lil lady is still only sleeping 2.5 to 3 hours at a time. 9 weeks old tomorrow. Pretty challenging so far, although every little smile here and there makes it all worth it.
Gentle ease helped us a ton. half karo syrup/half water works like a charm for constipation.

Big weekend as the last crib in the house was replaced by a big boy bed. He's made it a habit the last 3 months or so of climbing into our bed every night and driving us crazy so we decided to get a big enough bed to lay down with him if needed. Great move. Laid down with him last night, read a book with him laying beside me, and little guy was fast asleep. Normally that's a half hour rocking fight so that was a huge win. Even bigger though, the alarm woke me up for the first time in... I can't even remember. Dude was knocked out in there at 715 when I went to get him ready for daycare. Sure a not yet 2 year old in a queen looks silly, but so far so good.

Last edited:
Reactions: -LEK-
Just switched to the purple lid of similac (most expensive :weary:) as it is supposedly the best for colic and fussiness.

Lil lady is still only sleeping 2.5 to 3 hours at a time. 9 weeks old tomorrow. Pretty challenging so far, although every little smile here and there makes it all worth it.
I think its a case by case type deal but you may want to see if there is anything she can get where you get prescription from doctor. They are specific as to what is covered. I think they look at diagnosis codes, etc by doctor. Our girl spit up a lot and doctor thought she had soy allergy so we had to get a special formula from enfamil. Insurance covered it so it hit towards our deductible. Was cheaper ordering thru coram than getting at target and it hit towards our deductible. So once we met our deductible it was free/cheap. Its been a year so I can't remember everything exactly. I think coral can run it thru prior to ordering to see if it would be covered. You doctor probably knows more than I can remember. I just never thought about using insurance for baby formula untill our doctor mentioned it.

My 3 year old sleeps on the floor outside of his room. I put him to bed, he gets his sleeping bag and pillow, walks outside his room, shuts his door, and lies down. Weird af. I've tried everything to convince that little rascal to sleep in his bed. Not interested. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

School starts next week, dads. What is your daily schedule this time of year? Last year I would take my daughter to the in-home sitter around 645 and my 2 boys to their preschool at 7. Then drove ~ 1 hr to work. This year my wife is starting a new job (teacher) in our home county, so she's going to take the oldest to kindergarten and the 3 year old to preschool. Will save me bookoos of time. Bout time she start pulling her weight, imo

Yeah, I should add that it wasn't 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep but rather 5 hours over the course of the night.

My 3 year old sleeps on the floor outside of his room. I put him to bed, he gets his sleeping bag and pillow, walks outside his room, shuts his door, and lies down. Weird af. I've tried everything to convince that little rascal to sleep in his bed. Not interested. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We recently converted the crib to a day bed for our 2 year old girl. She was climbing out of the crib every night and we were worried she might hurt herself.

She likes to do sleep on the floor too. She can't get open the door to her room, but she will wake up during the night and grab her blanket and curl up on the floor.

Couldn't beg the little dude to sleep the past 3 or 4 days but come my feeding time tonight I can't get him to wake up. Smh. Tried everything. Typically changing and swaddle gets him red faced. Nothing. Sack of potatoes.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Well we've almost got a full week of kindergarten under our belts. For the most part he is adjusting to the new schedule pretty well, however when I told him tonight that we were running short on time so he wouldn't get to play the kindle he threatened to poop in the bathtub...well played sir, well played.

Reactions: bradyjames
Well we've almost got a full week of kindergarten under our belts. For the most part he is adjusting to the new schedule pretty well, however when I told him tonight that we were running short on time so he wouldn't get to play the kindle he threatened to poop in the bathtub...well played sir, well played.

No problem. Would he have liked picking up a soggy turd with his bare hands? Logical consequences.

Kiddo just threw up for the first time. She's spit up several times, but nothing like this. Somehow at 3:30am my brain didn't tell me to burp her during the feeding, so here we are [sick]

G spits up too, but has only has one huge vomit. That's fun to clean up. Good luck, Norm.

He's mad now b/c he had peed through his diaper, onesie and sleep sack (w/arms swaddled). Then peed all over the place while I was changing him. Need to go back to . We were just up 2 hours ago.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT