ADVERTISEMENT

DADYERO

I actually want to go to Disney as an adult, think it would be kinda cool. Plus, I hated Epcot as a kid & think it sounds wodie now.

You'd love their Food and Wine Festival each year at Epcot. Lasts from mid-September through early November. Around 30 different food/drink stands representing different areas of the world. Concerts by classic bands/artists. Wife would love it, too.

Reactions: bradyjames
When our kids were in elementary school, we took them out for a week in February for Disney in Orlando. Nice to get some warm weather in the middle of winter, lowest crowds of the year and less expensive. Some of the best memories ever.

Just dropped our oldest off to college a couple of weeks ago.....completely destroyed me. Was a crying mess the entire drive home. Time flies way too fast...

Reactions: B Rax
Just bought the family an annual pass. My wife loves Disney. The twins are eleven so going out with a bang. My wife has already rented an RV. They bring it to the campground on Disney. In Spring, the temps have been perfect for that type adventure. I get a golf cart and a pretty nice set up. Come to think of it the first time I met Anth he was on a golf cart, in Columbia, laughing at my ass.

Wife wanted to take them when they were babies/toddlers and I vetoed that. We took them when they were 4.5 and they did great.
This literally sounds like hell for me. RV's, Disney several times in one year around Holidays. :confused:

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Meh, I never cared about going to Disney as a kid. None of my friends did either. All we cared about was sports, video games and boobs. I plan to take that approach.

You'll fall right in to whatever is important to your kid, which may or may not be what's important to you. Certainly they tend to migrate to your own interests, but don't be surprised at what you'll be doing in 5-10 years and doing it gladly, because seeing their joy and happiness is one of the greatest things you'll ever experience.

My biggest wake-up moment was our first vacation with the little one. We were on HER schedule, not mine. As it should be---but took a while to sink in.

Disney is hours and hours of misery with brief 2-3 minute glimpses of utter joy.

Also, this crap of standing in line to see a character is some bullshit. When/if we go back, the little one is only going to see the third rate characters. Forget Elsa, Mickey and Woody. She's getting a steady dose of Sven, Clarabelle Cow and the little green alien dudes. Maybe some Country Bear Jamboree folks, unless they've all died.

Also, this crap of standing in line to see a character is some bullshit. When/if we go back, the little one is only going to see the third rate characters. Forget Elsa, Mickey and Woody. She's getting a steady dose of Sven, Clarabelle Cow and the little green alien dudes. Maybe some Country Bear Jamboree folks, unless they've all died.

What I don't understand is how they do it. To see Elsa/Anna, you had to wait 1 hr (although we fast-passed it) just to get in the room with the 2 princesses. If I were running the show, I'd have about 4-5 rooms.......with each room having an Elsa/Anna......then they would usher in the families into each private room. Nobody would be the wiser. Instead of an hr long line, you could probably push through everyone in 15 minutes.

Disney is so good at that stuff that they invented their own field of work to address those problems.

Imagineers know what they're doing, jmaco.

Adrian is a loud buzzing housefly on this website but he's right. All kids should get to visit Disney at least once. Just one of those things you need to say you've done. Maybe they'll hate it like anth and you won't ever have to go back, but it's just one of those life duties. I'm waiting for my daughter to be old enough to remember it, so it'll be a couple more years for me.

Yeah, I'll wait until he's old enough to remember it and more importantly to act reasonable. Then I'll go whenever the off season is for a day surrounding a New Years Day Bowl in Florida. :sunglasses:

5-6 seems about perfect to me. Will still be amazed by everything, have been to school so they understand lines and waiting, and they're young/old enough to not act like complete buffoons in public. Your mileage may vary.

Agree with Anth re: Disney. No way I'm doing that until the kiddo is old enough to remember it.

Will maybe consider a Disney cruise when she gets to be 4 or 5, just because mom and dad can have a little fun on that type of trip.

We're going to Disney World next month with a 5yo and 3.5yo. It will be during the Halloween festivities so we get to trick-or-treat at the park one night (still trying to decide on my costume) the food and wine fest is also going on so looking forward to that. My wife loves Disney, I could take it or leave it, but with all the new Star Wars and Marvel stuff It might be cooler now than I remember. and now....

Kindergarten Confidential
Word on the street is that Mrs. Simmons moved Holden's pin back to red because "he tooted in Armando's face". She was also forced to dock the class some recess time for laughing about it. You have to think Armando wont take this sitting down, what will his retaliation be? Kindergarten is tough.

Reactions: Mashburned
All depends on the kid. There are 3-year-olds who can handle Disney, and 8-year-olds who can't. My girls could handle Disney pretty well at an early age, aside from normal stuff for that age(needing naps, etc.). But I've given up on taking them to Reds games and/or UK games that matter. Just doesn't hold their interest long enough, and we all end up frustrated.

You'll know when G is old enough to go. And I understand the "wait until they remember it" principle, but if you followed that to a T, we just wouldn't do ANYTHING with our kids until they're 8 or so. Sometimes it's cool just to see your kid happy in that moment, whether or not they'll remember it when they're 25. Again, I get it, especially from a financial perspective, but it's still cool to see your toddler interacting with their favorite character, even if they'll only have pics someday to remember it by.

Reactions: -LEK-
Your kids probably won't remember that much about it no matter what age they are, really. I went when I was 8 and can't recall anything other than Space Mountain breaking down and kicking Tigger in the ass for refusing to sign my autograph book.

Agree with Anth re: Disney. No way I'm doing that until the kiddo is old enough to remember it.

Will maybe consider a Disney cruise when she gets to be 4 or 5, just because mom and dad can have a little fun on that type of trip.
There is downtown Disney. Also, pro move, if you can afford it, have a grandparent come, pay their way, instant babysitter for nights.

Get a 2 room suite (or villa) and profit. Nemo by the bedside is quite romantic

Well bad news gang. I was about to pull the trigger on a sweet Disney vacation for me and my 2 year old fur toddler but Disney told me no pets!!! This is bullshit!!! Disney is outside and half their characters are wild animals!!! Dolly is not wild and she is leash trained!!! Disney sucks!!! We won't be going!!!

Tonight my 4 year old spent 15 minutes taking a crap during dinner but when he got up we realized he didn't pull his boxers down enough so he had totally shit in his boxers

Son: Hey dad have you ever heard of a pizzeria?
Me: Yes.
Son: Well have you ever heard of a taqueria?
Me: Uh yeah.
Son: Well have you ever heard of a little thing called...

DIARRHEA!!! BWAHahahaha

Must be fully potty trained for Disney Visit.

Experience:

Took our 4+ year old (7 years ago) to Disney on Easter break. Most crowded weekend of year. He was potty trained, but he needed his Cars potty seat to reluctantly take a dump. He preferred to always use the home toilet.. It was his thing.

So the place is wall-to-wall packed and he started getting antsy that he had to go. Told wife to stay on the line for log flume (irony) as I took him to one of the family style johns so he could shit.

Wait on line for that.

Get in room/stall thing. Set up his seat. Crying. 15 minutes. No dice. No poop.

I have to dump. I get him off the bowl. I squat, releasing loaves and fishes in Jesus-miracle proportions and son opens door and runs out... into a sea of humanity.

30 seconds later I take off after him.

Cell phones don't work there because it's an alternate universe and I am having concurrent aneurysms and thrombosis looking for a fast 3-year old in any direction.

An hour later we found him, but I b-lined to the f'ing door- swearing to never return.

Screw that place.

But new 2 year old plus 11 year old, we're going back - the only variable is time. I still hate it, but it's not my opinion that matters.

Yeah, I'll wait until he's old enough to remember it and more importantly to act reasonable. Then I'll go whenever the off season is for a day surrounding a New Years Day Bowl in Florida. :sunglasses:

We are there Dec. 26th-January 3rd. If we bowl anywhere in the state of Florida we will be there.

Learn the Wal*Mart Lasso (my name for it, all rights reserved, Copyright 2015)

kid-on-leash-2.jpg

I tell you what, if I take my daughter anywhere alone the women just lose it. They can't stand it. It's too much. They're just all tore up. They go bananas. Cat calls out the wazoo. Sorry ladies I'm here with my daughter to pick out stuffed animals I'm not here to please you haha[pfftt]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT