ADVERTISEMENT

DADYERO

Programmed wife's number to ring different in case baby G is on the way.

Took out trash.

Grilled out.

Rode 30 miles.

Need to pack the go time bag.

How close are you to the big day, Anth?

Our first is supposed to come on Aug 15th, but the wife has gestational hypertension so they may have to induce her early. Pretty scary stuff for a few days. Spent 3 nights in the hospital while they monitored her and made sure she didn't have preeclampsia.

Sugar and Spice donuts in bed
Sleep
Mellow Mushroom for lunch
Thought about cutting the grass, and then thought better
While baking Father's Day cake I started a food fight with the boys which could have been a bad time but the wife joined in thankfully
Watched soccer with my 5yr old after cleaning our mess
Whole family stopped by so I started a water balloon fight
Watched Grumpy old men

Slept in/wife & kids brought breakfast to the bed
Did some yardwork
Brunch/lunch at Bristol for FIL
visit Dad in country, deliver gift
wife put kids to bed while dad kicked back in mancave with Miller Lite watching primetime major golf

I spent most of the day running around like a damn crazy person. Wife decided to invite her family over for a cookout sometime around lunch so I went to sams for party supplies. Then went to lowes and got some patio furniture and a new fire pit, and some potted horticulture to give the patio a real chill vibe.

Then I set up a myriad of sprinkler systems for the kids to play in. I made one of those pvc sprinkler things that the kids run through that all the hens have been posting from Pinterest. Absolute banana fest. Marcus be a water park. Easy to assemble too. Gonna try a real complex system next time and really watch them pass out from the stimulation.

Finally cracked open an ice cold Mexican beer around 9 and sat by the fire pit until the humidity got the best of me and I laid down inside. Great Father's Day, imo

Reactions: Mashburned
Church
Mowed lawn
Put a new fridge and stove in our rental property
Putt putt/go carts with kids at Malibu Jack's
Dinner/ice cream out with family
U.S. Open
A little reading
Bed

Slept in
Breakfast
Mow + other miscellaneous "just returned from vacation" yard work
Afternoon relax with m'ladies
Order pizza, crack beers
U.S. Open
L to the dome once m'ladies are asleep
True Detective
Ballers
One more L to the dome
Titanfall until sleep

Bumping this

Our first will be here next week - give me all your advice, gang.
Congrats!

If it's a boy, cover his package up every time you change his diaper. Otherwise...
liverpool-fans-soaked-by-sprinker-gif.gif

If it's a girl, I have no idea.

Reactions: anthonys735
Expecting our first (a girl) in November.

Every Thursday, have to watch a 2 minute video with some overly-perky Hoda lookalike talking about what's going on in 'Hotel Uterus'. Christ.

Yesterday, for some reason, was wife meltdown day and all projects have to be completed within like 2 weeks because "we have no time left! We waited too long!"

Lots of things being blamed on 'pregnancy brain', like that time she tossed out like 20 perfectly good crafties from the garage fridge because "they looked old." Not sure she understands what pregnancy brain is supposed to be but regardless, I'm screwed.

Whoever gives her advice or pointers about the baby at work can GGF. All negative/scary stuff she parrots in a panicked tone.

She's awesome mostly, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
-Worked
-while at work get call from wife " OMG the computer is locked up" and she is taking it to get it fixed. FALSE
-Fixed computer(spent two minutes wiping it clean) where Junior had it locked up from all the goofy game sites.
-read Cat Paw
-listened to wife tell me all the things she did around the house. Didn't mention I left at 6AM. Listened to all the things she has planned for our Disney trip six months away.
-off to play tennis with the family so I don't hear how I am a terrible Dad for not doing things as a family.

Any young guys reading this go hard/single as long as you can.

Gotta go.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Single dad this week while wife is in LA.
Drive
Drive
Drive
Watch kid baseball in 90 degree heat
Drive
Drive
Collapse.

Put him down at 12a, woke up at 7 to check on him, back down until 9, breakfast, diapers, tour de france, BBdK and wife visited, diapers, 30 mile bike ride, diapers, West 6th for dinner, now waiting for little man to crash while mom gets some uninterrupted sleep. Basically the same thing the past 2 weeks except less beer and sleep.

Advice: take a nap and do something selfish each day. The pregnancy brain sticks around. Use the overnight nursery at the hospital.

Be supportive. She has it much tougher. It's not your wife talking. Tell her to stop reading mommy blogs and to get the epidural.

4 month old son crapped his diapers 4 times today. This included taking a dump right on the changing table while changing from crapping his diaper. (He hadn't pooped in a few days so he pretty backed up.)

2 year old daughter was pretty good today - until it was time to go to bed tonight. She put up a pretty good fight before falling asleep.

Daughter ate a shit ton of popcorn yesterday watching the Minions. Stopped her up real good and it finally unleashed at the Spaghetti Factory today. That's a fun one. Those pull-ups are more resilient than you'd think. I don't like to go in men's public bathrooms, much less take my 2 year old in there. Nasty.

Diapers don't bother me at all. On milk only I don't understand where that stuff comes from.

Little dude just went from sleep to inconsolable screaming to out like a sack of potatoes. Sleeping on my shoulder now, I can see missing this once they get too big. Pretty awesome feeling.

Poop isn't that bad, just dealing with nasty bathrooms is the worst.

With our first one, we called the nurse hotline when he first did that hysterical crying with a full belly and the comfort of shelter and love. Nurse pretty much told us to leave her alone and wo/man up.

My 3.5 month slept through for 10 hours last night.

He rarely cries for "no reason" for more than a few minutes. I couldn't imagine some of these horror stories. My wife never woke me up after week 3 and that includes her going back to work.

The first time a "pregnancy brain" card was really played was at a IKEA while shopping for nursery stuff. I looked at her and said, "You're being a real f----ing bitch right now." And she said sorry and snapped out of it. Kibosh it early. {Didn't come here to lay up.}

Today, I hung up some pictures in the nursery that I was supposed to have up in April.

My wife is Canadian and they all get a year off for maternity. Seeing each friend's face drop and hearing their deepest sympathies for my wife's mere six weeks off got old fast. I didn't bring up that their dollar being back to $0.74 US was really helping us knock out her student loans though. Canucks.

WS gets 12 which is great. A year sounds great but it would drive me nuts. After 2 weeks I was getting antsy. Can't imagine the moms being tied to the baby with feedings.

I'm covering the 8-12a shift and she's been awesome overnight.

Been pretty lucky with sleep. Both kids sleep through the night pretty good.

Youngest is asleep by 10 & will sleep to about 7:30-8 am. Oldest usually is asleep between 10-10:30 and sleeps until 9 am.

Thing with my daughter is she is starting to not want to nap during the afternoon. We at least put her in her room for an hour of "quiet time." Sometimes she will take a nap and sometimes she won't.

Be supportive. She has it much tougher. It's not your wife talking. Tell her to stop reading mommy blogs and to get the epidural.

Yeah, my post probably came across as a bit harsh. I haven't actually really expressed any displeasure or anything and she's been mostly great outside of a 3-4 day period early on when she morphed into an evil mean person.

I keep telling her to remember all of the f*ckups and meth heads that have kids. She has an extremely healthy lifestyle, great diet, very rarely even drank alcohol, and both of our families have really good genetic histories. She's going to be fine...she just needs to believe it herself.

She did ask if I wanted to practice diaper changing by putting them on our dog though. Told her no thanks...will wait for the class.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Which diaper bag if you don't mind? A good friend just had his second and we still owe him a gift.

-Boken Everyday Bag.

-I didn't think it was harsh. I had the "ease up" talk a few times.

-been pee'd on twice this morning.

-yeah if the parents around us at the hospital cam do this we are fine. Amazing how many dregs were there.

ADVERTISEMENT