ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

The July 4th Show from Tokyo on the Network should be pretty good. Lesnar will destroy Kofi, Neville vs Jericho, and Owens v. Balor for the NXT title.

You guys see where Tyson Kidd got injured in his match with Samoa Joe on Tuesday night. Has a neck injury, guess he didn't take the Muscle Buster right.

I fully expect Balor to beat Owens at the Japan show. Sounds like KO is moving on up.

One more here I have been talking about how TNA's shows have been better and last night they do an angle where James Storm "kills" Mickie James by pushing her in front of a train.

New twitter name and handle folks - if you go to tweet me there it's now @wilfredwoof and the name is now Doctor Venture. Hoping to throw some stalkers off my scent.

Didn't you know you were in high demand, amigo. Wearing a lot of this lately?
anchorman-sex-panther-cologne.jpg

I wish it were that my friend. My wife could take care of that problem. It's more frustrating and stupid than that. Let's just say that Twitter is still real to some people and they are idiot losers who are petty. Quite the pain.

Doesn't Owens have to lose the NXT belt at some point if he is to be a mainstay on RAW? Wouldn't that hurt him in some sort of way since he started off beating Cena as his first match ever? Seems complicated to me.

Really thought that Memphis Wrasslin thread was taking over as the new wrestling thread. Odd that's what we discussed for about the last 2 pages off and on and yet they'd only seen WWE convo.

I wonder how much time Lana spends working on those legs!

Doesn't Owens have to lose the NXT belt at some point if he is to be a mainstay on RAW? Wouldn't that hurt him in some sort of way since he started off beating Cena as his first match ever? Seems complicated to me.

Really thought that Memphis Wrasslin thread was taking over as the new wrestling thread. Odd that's what we discussed for about the last 2 pages off and on and yet they'd only seen WWE convo.

I wonder how much time Lana spends working on those legs!

That bothered me too. Come over here and pay your dues and respect the thread. I too, thought it was funny that they managed to overlook the multiple pages of that.

As for Lana, can you believe she was one of the original FSU Cowgirls with Jen Sterger (the one Favre sent penis pics too)?

I wish it were that my friend. My wife could take care of that problem. It's more frustrating and stupid than that. Let's just say that Twitter is still real to some people and they are idiot losers who are petty. Quite the pain.

I feel you. Despite not living in a specific town for over a decade, I had some unhinged jealous loon trash me on a local trash site until they realized I discovered their identity and then magically, it stopped. There's a lot of awful people. But I do enjoy your twitter bio now. Pretty damn funny and would love to know the details of that craziness.

I think sometime in the 90s you could get the perfect storm of Saturday wrestling in KY...
9am WCW Pro
10am USWA
11am WWF Superstars
605 WCW Sat Night
7pm ECW
1130pm WCW Worldwide

It's crazy how many shows you used to be able to get to watch in a weeks time.

I think sometime in the 90s you could get the perfect storm of Saturday wrestling in KY...
9am WCW Pro
10am USWA
11am WWF Superstars
605 WCW Sat Night
7pm ECW
1130pm WCW Worldwide

It's crazy how many shows you used to be able to get to watch in a weeks time.
I miss those days. The good thing was that you saw different guys being booked differently. It's like getting to go to different restaurants. Right now, WWE is old and stale. ROH is okay, but it takes too long, the lighting is bad, and it's not believable. TNA is about to be shut down by the health department. Lucha Underground is new, might be okay, might not - trying to figure out of it's beef or cat in the tacos.

I know you have all been anxiously awaiting this but Mickie James is just fine. Just suffered a concussion
Whew I was worried

LD you were trying to tell me the story, that is messed up

Well not much of a Raw Preview for tonight than it is the go-home show before Money IN the Bank.

NXT is running Columbus on Saturday night, sounds like Samoa Joe may be working that show.

Krazy, send me a message on twitter or on here so I can send you the audio through email. It is scheduled to come out late this evening or tomorrow morning. I've been so swamped so it took a bit of a backseat. I have like four articles planned for this week and two interviews (pro BMX guy and MITB interview).

I'm going to go ahead and call it. Reigns or Ambrose is turning heel on Sunday and Rollins is turning face. These are the only possibilities, in my opinion.

1. The Authority helps Dean Ambrose win the title and he becomes their new guy.
2. Roman Reigns wins MITB and The Authority helps him cash it in or something to that extent.

I don't believe they will turn Reigns heel. There's a good chance but right now I think Ambrose is leading right now. I also, don't think Reigns is winning MITB. I think Sheamus is going to take it.

Ambrose turning heel may happen, but it wouldn't be a good move. Ambrose is the most loved character with Bryan out, why make him a heel?

Ambrose turning heel may happen, but it wouldn't be a good move. Ambrose is the most loved character with Bryan out, why make him a heel?

I don't know. He was the one first considered to have Rollins' role and turn on The Shield but they ended up thinking it was too expected that Ambrose would be the heel.

I don't think turning Reigns or Ambrose heel is good but WWE is probably bothered by the ratings and will blame it on Rollins. I think they're just going to try and switch things up because we know Ambrose and Reigns aren't going to stay faces/buddies forever. Personally, I don't think a Reigns Authority angle sounds good because Reigns is not some snarmy sneaky heel incapable of winning. He's a very strong dude and huge.

Ambrose is crazy over too so I think that's a bad idea too but it's going to happen. I think we will find out as soon as whomever wins the MITB. If Sheamus wins (him and Reigns are the only two possibilities) then I believe Ambrose turns. If Reigns wins the case then he may be a heel. I don't know though.

Reigns should have went heel months ago but WWE missed its chance there. Now the crowd is behind him and Ambrose.

They only way to turn one of them heel is Reigns though. Have to have Ambrose win and Reigns cash in on him to become the bad guy.

And that would be bad, but it should have already happened and would have worked before, but the good angle out of it is Lesnar can come back and chase the bad guy who is backed by HHH who has bad blood with Lesnar too. And it would sell because Reigns would have a believable shot to beat Brock.

Thanks for the reply. I thought he was on WWE now.
He just signed a deal for NXT. Don't know if he has the "WWE body", but Owens really helps him in that regard. I've heard that t-shirt sales after his NXT debut really convinced Vince to give him a better deal - he had started with a deal that allowed him to take indy dates and NXT, now he is finishing those indy dates and will be WWE/NXT only.

YouTube some Joe in ROH. Especially Joe v. Punk. You'll like it.

I do see the seeds for Rollins going face - I think that's his future.

Ambrose will be a great heel, he needs to do that for a while, but is now really the time?

WWE is in a corner with MITB. Sheamus? He's about to go shoot a movie.

When you interview the New Sensation that gravity forgot, please pass on to him that a group of your buds really enjoy his work. Ask him if WWE's track record with not doing well with high flyers worries him (if you can do so tactfully).

Havent watched NXT yet to see Samoa Joe's debut. Looking forward to it.

I finished the documentary portion of the Jerry Lawler DVD, very good but I thought they done more with it

Thought they done more with it? Could have?

That's my fear of watching those DVDs, I'm very opinionated and if they do stupid stuff I will be pissed. I bought a Flair DVD and wasn't too happy with it. Wasn't awful but it's hard to mess up a Flair DVD, as well as Lawler, Hogan, Macho etc. that time period offers sooooo much content that if you don't walk away like DAMN I miss that, then the producer of said DVD is awful.

Interviewing Neville this morning, any questions, guys?

Oh, I sent my Lawler article to the editor two days ago so if it's not up today, I'll be pissed. It was loooooong but I didn't omit anything this time just for you guys.

Oh btW, :chairshot:at the WWE finisher thread. I feel like those two threads that have been started are like outlaw promotions from our established group.

Last edited:
Just finished up with Neville. He's a very nice fellow. You can tell he's not used to the media frenzy so far but he'll get there. I got some fun ones though...

- Asked him about the Mighty Mouse gimmick rumors
- Favorite wrestler growing up (Really cool answer)
- How he developed these areal moves/if he has ever been nervous trying something
- Comradery amongst NXT guys
- Advice from John Cena
- What he does when he's not in the ring/who he's close with on the roster
- Aaron Neville Haha
- MITB
- When and how he found out he was getting called up to the main roster
- How his transition has been

and a lot more.

Hopefully I can get this one up ASAP; not nearly as long as Lawler's. So both of these should be up within the day.

Yea I think the same idiot started them, whatever.

Nice Lawler interview!

Met a dude from Davenport, IA today who had no idea who Seth Rollins/Tyler Black/Colby Lopez was. Color me disappointed.

Yeah, Im an Ambrose homer. What of it? If you haven't already, check out his interview on the Lafayette LA morning news the other day. Dude killed it. In the days of suits and all PR interviews, its great to see kayfabe.

Met a dude from Davenport, IA today who had no idea who Seth Rollins/Tyler Black/Colby Lopez was. Color me disappointed.

Yeah, Im an Ambrose homer. What of it? If you haven't already, check out his interview on the Lafayette LA morning news the other day. Dude killed it. In the days of suits and all PR interviews, its great to see kayfabe.

Interviewing someone in kayfabe sucks though especially if you want to get new interesting tidbits for fans. I interviewed Cody Rhodes last year who I discovered 10 seconds before the interview that he was doing it as Stardust. You know how hard that was?

Discover anything you didn't already know?

The police looking to arrest Gilbert and and Poffo's basically asking to join CWA(at the time).

That was my favorite wrestling though, and he was vague with you on some answers while still saying a lot. To not have a favorite guy to work with is weird but in his defense I. Sure at this point it's hard to think back, but picking Funk over Dundee caught me off guard. I just assumed breaking that much bread together would make you like a person even if you hated them!

ADVERTISEMENT