ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

If Kofi wins, that would hands down be one of the worst ever right there with Del Rio. I can't think of a worse person in that match to win the briefcase. Hope that does not happen.

I'm still going with Sheamus or Reigns. If Reigns does not win, that tells me he will stay face for awhile. If he does win, then a heel turn is coming with Ambrose being the top face.

Either way Ambrose or Reigns is turning heel tonight, in my opinion. We should know something by the MITB match. I'm going to be wild and predict Reigns gets screwed in the MITB match, which may lead to a feud with Triple H, maybe? Keeping him away from the title for a little bit longer. Ambrose and Rollins do a double turn. That may get us the eventual Shield 3 way title match somehow down the line.

Or

Reigns wins, cashes in on the winner of the Rollins/Ambrose match (betting Ambrose).

Either way, I think Ambrose is beating Rollins.

How exactly do you turn Ambrose right now? He is clear face and I can't see a way he can turn win/lose or draw!?!

If he wins there is no chance he can turn as the crowd will pop.

If he loses I can't think of a way he can turn either unless Reigns wins MITB and cashes in on Rollins if Rollins wins and the Ambrose attacks Reigns, maybe I guess?

How exactly do you turn Ambrose right now? He is clear face and I can't see a way he can turn win/lose or draw!?!

If he wins there is no chance he can turn as the crowd will pop.

If he loses I can't think of a way he can turn either unless Reigns wins MITB and cashes in on Rollins if Rollins wins and the Ambrose attacks Reigns, maybe I guess?

I'm not saying I would do it. I'm just saying they're going to do it to one of them. I would let the Rollins thing play out before going to the well this early. I don't think you turn one of your two big main event faces right now but they will...

Watching the match I'm starting to lean towards Reigns being the heel which is stupid and a few months too late now. Don't turn him after he finally got over. Unless they feel Ambrose is their man and new Austin, I guess?

Just know if Reigns wins this, he could be cashing in tonight. You don't start this match this early unless you got something huge planned.

Oh shit. What if Reigns wins and cashes in for a 3 way match tonight?

I don't believe they will turn Reigns heel. There's a good chance but right now I think Ambrose is leading right now. I also, don't think Reigns is winning MITB. I think Sheamus is going to take it.

Too funny. I know heels with the briefxase is always better but I knew when he got cast in TMNT WWE creamed their pants for that publicity.

Glad Reigns didn't win but my God Bray Wyatt is so effing booooooring and stale. He has ran his course and his promos are as tired as a floppy set of old tits.

What did Bray do?

Reigns had it won. Had his hand on the briefcase then the lights go out and Wyatt is standing by the ladder and knocksReigns off and does his finisher and leaves kind of like he did to Ambrose 7 months ago.

Basically a filler feud to keep Reigns away from the title scene for a bit.

Cena/KO 2 was awesome again. Totally fine wth how it was booked. Both guys came out looking great.

Reactions: kyfan606
I thought for .5 second we were getting a package piledriver from Steen. Package powerbomb was sweet. Canadian Destroyer from Cena was tight. Like I said on Twitter - hate on Cena all you want, but he carries his own weight in good matches.

I still like Wyatt. I think he just needs some good booking and he's back.

Kept waiting thinking this can't be the ending right but nothing fixes that horrible finish.

Owens/Cena has been the best duo of single's matches we've seen in a LONG TIME.

WWE always overbooks Cena in these rematches, but last night wasn't an example of that. Owens needed to lose to Cena with the angle, 'expose the lie THAT IS...John Cena.' No way he goes over after that prematch build. That's just bad business at that point. They did Owens MORE justice having him cripple Cena post-match in frustration and laugh as if the loss didn't happen.

However, if they're going to keep the wheels in motion for Owens, he has to go over in that rubber match in some dominant heel fashion (Rollins is your Chicken $h!t heel...no need for another). Have the high profile faces (Cena, Orton, Ambrose, Reigns, Ziggler) chase Owens like they've done with him in NXT. They'll be show stealers every 'special event' on the network.

Ohio of all places was chanting, 'Fight Owens Fight' and 'Joooooohn Ceeeeena' as opposed to the dueling Cena chants. He's clearly getting over in a short amount of time to the non-smarky audience. Glad to see it.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Predictions for MiTB:

King Barrett over R-Truth

Paige over Nikki for Divas Title

New Day over Prime Time Players

Ryback over Big Show for IC Title

Owens over Cena

Money in the Bank - Kofi Kingston (I'd love to see New Day with the briefcase)

Ambrose over Rollins

o_O

Not my best night predicting predetermined match winners.

Heisman nailed it why Sheamus won MITB. I was listening to LAW from last night on the drive this morning and they could not figure out any reason why he won.

I was surprised that Prime Time Players won the tag titles. New Day is over and has been great, why take the titles away from them?

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Yeah my predictions didn't work out either...

Not much of a Raw preview for tonight other than the fallout of MITB.

Have the Dusty Rhodes Tribute on the network after Raw. Not sure if I will be ready to watch that one yet.

Lesnar and Heyman are supposed to be back next week, would be cool to see them tonight though

Really great interview. Almost finished with the Blu-Ray. Definitely worth getting for sure.

How many of you would have guessed Terry Funk for favorite feud?

Reading it isn't nearly as funny as when you hear him tell it because him reciting the story of Eddie Gilbert and his brother hitting him with the car was so funny. I'll have to email you guys the audio if you want.

Also got a kick out of imagining Bill Dundee and Randy Savage fighting at a gas station. Those were the days, boys.

If you can find the dundee show with Steve Austin he goes I to that story as well as the Lawler/Jarrett story I mentioned a few weeks ago.

Terry Funk really caught me off guard because I do remember that a little bit Id just imagine so many others which were a lot bigger feuds. I guess that doesn't equate to being Lawler's idea match or easy to work with.

The cops showing up to confirm it was Eddie Gilbert and to go arrest him still cracks me up, mainly because they were adults but also because it was on TV, live and in color!

So HHH announces Brock is Rollins opponent...Rollins face turn after he drops the title?

I do not understand this. Every crowd will pop to Brock winning so it's impossible to turn a guy when the other guy is going to be more over than you can get. When your a chickenshit heel usually turning on something such as the authority would help but I don't even think that will honestly work as it may make a crowd like the authority as weird as that sounds.

Man that Wyatt promo was boring

That is my expression for every Wyatt promo. He kills all momentum. He says the same nonsense every time. Him and Ultimate Warrior should have had a contest to determine the worst promos ever

Krazy, doesn't that sound like some WWE sketch/booking? I imagine Jerry has a billion stories like this.

What do we have to do to get a Brock/KO match? That would be badass.

I have no idea how you make Rollins a face. I think it's a bad idea to make him a face and would keep him as a heel. I would book Brock as Brock...just a badass monster like he always is and probably give him the title back. I would like to see him and Reigns at SummerSlam but that probably won't happen.

I honestly have no idea where WWE is going to go right now with how they have booked recently.

That Machine Gun Kelly was awful. KO made me feel happy. I had hoped he was injured.

Anyways, just read a spoiler for SummerSlam according to Meltzer. Hope this does not happen but bet it will.

*****SPOILER****

– "As of this writing, the scheduled main event for WWE SummerSlam in August will be WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs. Triple H. The news was first reported by Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio.

WWE has already planted the seeds for the match, with a rift forming between Rollins and The Authority and Rollins using Triple H’s pedigree finisher. It remains to be seen if Rollins will be turning babyface for his feud with Triple H, but Brock Lesnar and Triple H both wrestling at SummerSlam will help solidify the show as one of WWE’s top special events of the year."

If this is the main event, eff this. Sick of HHH interjecting himself into so much stuff. A title shot, really? Also, how is Brock not going to be a main event for SummerSlam nor have a title shot? Is HHH going to book himself to win? Awful

If you don't see a Rollins/HHH match coming I don't know what to tell you, maybe not at Summerslam but it's going to happen.

Anybody remember how awesome it was that Sting may wrestle in WWE? No.....me either!

If Brock is back he main events SS no matter what. Anything else being reported is weak attempts to swerve the internet fan.

Legitimate question to the thread...who is better off because of a feud with HHH? I think Batista may be the outlier in what is A LOT of people who ended up worse because of the feud.

I missed Raw due to training. What happened? Heyman cut a promo? Ambrose next feud, or is him and Rollins still on (3 way)?

Legitimate question to the thread...who is better off because of a feud with HHH? I think Batista may be the outlier in what is A LOT of people who ended up worse because of the feud.

Not sure because Orton was going to be good anyway but his feud with HHH was good and he came out looking even more legit to carry the company.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT