ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

I might just sleep the rest of the day because this day has been awful. Two legends (Christopher Lee the other) passing away.

R.I.P. to both men.

Reactions: GhostVol
Oh btW, :chairshot:at the WWE finisher thread. I feel like those two threads that have been started are like outlaw promotions from our established group.

Yeah I did not even post in that thread after seeing the backlash from the 1st thread out of this one. I wasn't thinking / figured it wouldn't be frowned upon when I posted in the Old Memphis wrestling one. I was just excited because that was my "Sweet Spot" when it comes to wrestling knowledge and favs. My bad.

Also, RIP Dusty. "lemme tell ya something Rickie Flair" was the first thing that popped in my head when I read he passed.

Only 69? Considering his life that's a long time here.

Dusty was awesome but he is, or was, a perfect 1b to flair.

I'll ignore the other one I guess. I normally post a polite, "Hey come on over and discuss this with us, we keep one thread as a favor to the rest of the board....".

I hate it that some morons can't allow us wrestling fans to be more disciplined than the touching politards. Touching mouth-breathers.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
I might just sleep the rest of the day because this day has been awful. Two legends (Christopher Lee the other) passing away.

R.I.P. to both men.
Here's your THIRD legend. If you're a jazz lover (I am), Ornette Coleman passed away today too. Might play some "Change of the Century" this weekend.

RIP Dream

Saw the news on the way to a couple of summer games. Wasn't a huge Dusty guy but he always entertained me.

Excellent job as always Heisman.

So I've not clicked on those other threads. What happened within them?

Good job as always, Heisman. Neville is growing on me now. I'll keep an eye on him

I think at this point they are doing it on purpose as opposed to posting in the what is clearly "the wrestling thread". F them

You guys see where Samoa Joe caused Tyson Kidd to have a spinal chord injury and put him out for over a year? Serious condition apparently.

Both Flair and Rhodes have/had speech impediments and are as good, or better, than anyone who ever cut a promo or held the mic. Says all you need to know.

Hard times are over Daddy. The son of a plumber paid his dues and is heaven...and it's tho sweet...

You guys see where Samoa Joe caused Tyson Kidd to have a spinal chord injury and put him out for over a year? Serious condition apparently.
Saw that, but didn't know that Kidd was out that long. This was just days after Joe signed his new deal. Never heard if it was Joe's fault or Kidd's fault. Hate it for Kidd - talented guy was just starting to get over. Maybe Cesaro can get a singles push going.

Sad thing is that we've been eulogizing Dusty and there's an RIP Dusty thread beneath us. We need OUR mod to come back.

LD, I know what you mean. I was thinking BKH never would have allowed that. This is basically what New York City was like when Spider-Man quit being Spider-Man for that brief time and everything went to sh,t.

I agree on Kidd and I hope that Cesaro can get a singles push. He has so much potential and gets overlooked. He's freakishly strong and would be a great heel. I would like to see a feud with him and the Shield guys as well as some matches with Neville (BTW, not shocked that they're best friends. I remember Cody Rhodes saying he travels with Cesaro as well so he's pretty well liked.)

PGThirteen, that's great news for you guys and the NXT stuff. I got to see the NXT stuff during WrestleMania Fan Axxess and it was a trip. But the only shows coming my way in the next few months are a house show in July featuring Owens Vs Cena and since we don't get SummerSlam anymore, were getting Hell in a Cell PPV in this area so I'll have to go to that.

Few things...great interview with Neville...I had no idea he that is why he dropped his first name.

I posted in one of those other threads, not going to even bother now.

Very cool news about NXT if that does indeed happen.

Have not heard anything about Tyson Kidd being out for a year, nor have I heard about their being any heat on Joe. Not saying it isnt true...just a mistake in the ring. Sucks it was his first WWE
match.

Watched a lot of Dusty stuff last night...just unreal how great he was on the mic.

Especially when you consider how little he scripted his stuff. Per him he would mostly go out there knowing 1 catch phrase like "hard times" and start talking knowing he would implement that phrase at some point, and that was it!

Have been watching Starrcade 86 on the network the last couple of days even before Dusty died. That was the one with the First Blood Match with him and Tully.
Another match on that show, the Rock and Roll Express vs The Andersons, seriously one of the best tag matches ever in my opinion.

WWE announced today there will be a tribute to Dusty after Raw on the network on Monday night.

I asked him why he doesn't post it in here and he said he didn't think it was a big deal. But the political stuff always gets deleted soooo

Anyways let's give our final predictions for MITB

Ambrose over Rollins- Heel turn maybe?

And I haven't decided between Reigns or Sheamus winning. The reason is because i have not decided who I think turns heel out of Reigns and Ambrose

I still think Rollins retains, but agree with a double turn.*

*Now that there is one title, I think that the belt will switch once, no more than twice a year. They can't experiment or hotshot. You assume MITB wins and that's one, that means that they don't get another.

I read that Sheamus is making a movie, that tells me that Reigns is willing MITB.

I tell you who I would love to see win MITB is Kane. I think it would be cool if he walked around with the briefcase. Reigns is too obvious but he will probably win.

I don't know that anyone is going to turn, but I think Rollins retains.

I don't think Owens beats Cena twice, going with some sort of DQ

I will say Paige, Ryback and Barrett to win the other matches. Might be forgetting one

There is no reason for Reigns to win, none! It's obvious at some point he will be the champ. Id love to see him lose and somehow become the guy that the authority helps. Then take on Cena in a feud building up to becoming the champ. The only way he should win is if Ambrose wins and Reigns turns on him and leaves MITB with the belt.

There is no reason for Reigns to win, none! It's obvious at some point he will be the champ. Id love to see him lose and somehow become the guy that the authority helps. Then take on Cena in a feud building up to becoming the champ. The only way he should win is if Ambrose wins and Reigns turns on him and leaves MITB with the belt.

Agreed. Personally I don't want Reigns to win the title like that. I don't think a Reigns Authority alliance is appealing because he's a big physical guy. Making him into some weak unable to win type heel isn't fitting.

I'm not a fan of turning Ambrose heel either but there's far better options for that. Still, I think, if WWE truly believes Reigns is 'their guy' then that moment should be saved for a big show like SummerSlam or Mania and be against a top performer like a Cena or a Brock.

Just because Rollins is booked as a weasel champ does not mean Reigns has to. Look back at champs that had Vince as their backup "guy" and you'll see that a few of them were some of the greats as champ and usually ended up getting over on Vince and going face or at least tweener.

Reigns is capable of being that guy for them and then they do not need J&J or Kane because Reigns can hold his own. With Reigns as heel you have possibly two great angles over the next 10 months with Reigns/Lesnar at Summerslam and Reigns/Cena at WM.

Any sign ideas for tonight? I actually have pretty good seats

How about

"I'm not Asian"
"Kevin Dunn is an angry beaver."
"I bet Cena wins"
"There's nothing in that briefcase."
"They got that briefcase from Costco."
"Why does everyone struggle to climb ladders?"

"The guy behind me can't see"
"I bet Ambrose turns heel"
"We're a better crowd than Philly"

I always enjoy "guy behind me can't see" signs they make me laugh. I would suggest "rabidcatfan needs to learn board etiquette"

Last edited:
Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Predictions for MiTB:

King Barrett over R-Truth

Paige over Nikki for Divas Title

New Day over Prime Time Players

Ryback over Big Show for IC Title

Owens over Cena

Money in the Bank - Kofi Kingston (I'd love to see New Day with the briefcase)

Ambrose over Rollins

Sign idea:

"Heisman loves Reigns"

Well we know BKH is alive, he is posting on Twitter. Says he can't get back on since the format change.

Not sure about signs...can't come up with anything good

A week ago I would have laughed at that thought, but I truly beleive he will win. Dont ask me why, just a hunch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT