ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

So there is no certain channel on Direct or local cable to watch ROH weekly ? How to you get those channels listed in the link ? (internet dummy asking)

Where do you live??? Can look at the list from there.
Dont think they are on Direct TV or Dish unless it is a local channel you get where you are.

Did NOT see that one coming. Very interesting. Could this be leading toward a TNA/ROH collaboration/merger? Glad to see ROH on cable. Much better product than TNA.

Was just getting ready to post this, they are going to air at 8:00 on Wednesday night leading into Impact.
Apparently no one in TNA Knew this was happening.

Joe is still going to work dates for ROH, maybe he can be the second Rick Rude and appear on two networks at the same time.

Did NOT see that one coming. Very interesting. Could this be leading toward a TNA/ROH collaboration/merger? Glad to see ROH on cable. Much better product than TNA.

I doubt it. Once upon a time guys would work for TNA and ROH. Then TNA pulled the plug on that. ROH remembers that. I doubt they'd trust TNA and I doubt TNA would see value in working with ROH.

Personally, I'd like to see something like Chikara or PWG that I never get to see work with ROH.

Will ROH be exclusive to Destination America or will Sinclair still syndicate it like it currently does?

If what I read is true Sinclair will run the episode first over the weekend. That episode will be played the following Wednesday on DA.

Good news. Brock is scheduled to come back around June 22nd and compete at Battleground.

He's being brought back earlier than expected. I guess WWE isn't too happy with the way things are going.

How can they be? No one is watching, crowds aren't really popping, and the face of WWE for the last 10 hrs is squashing mid carders.

Sounds like success to me. Sadly they will make the same mistake they have always made, play it safe!

They're really in the toilet right now with so many filler PPVs and the constant Authority stuff.
Rusev seems to be injured and likely out for a couple of months. I have read that Owens will go full time on Raw and transition off of NXT now. Wow.

I read he's only scheduled to do that til end of July. Weird all around and unlike any call-up I can recall.

Glad Rusev is out. He sucks big time and served his purpose.

Make this happen, WWE

20150526_NXTDivas_LIGHT_HP.jpg

Rousey has stated and even has something like her own version of the Horsemen. Maybe all the good women's wrestling down in NXT can spill over to the main roster sometime. But probably not why crazy old Grandpa is in power.

Rusev much like Bray Wyatt last year was red hot but of course got fed to Cena and that is pretty much it

Rousey has stated and even has something like her own version of the Horsemen. Maybe all the good women's wrestling down in NXT can spill over to the main roster sometime. But probably not why crazy old Grandpa is in power.

Rusev much like Bray Wyatt last year was red hot but of course got fed to Cena and that is pretty much it

My thought was Rousey's 4-Horsewomen would be a logical feud point, along with her issue with Steph when/if they want to bring her in for next year's WM. WWE could let Charlotte start a 4HW and Rousey could object...

Rusev was hot, but not as talented a Wyatt. Wyatt will eventually survive. Don't know about Rusev.

Elimination Chamber Prediction Time

Rollins over Ambrose

Ziggler to win IC EC Match or maybe Wyatt as a replacement for Rusev

New Day retains in Tag EC

Cena over Owens probably by DQ

Naomi to win Divas title

Neville over Bo Dallas

Reigns is not on the card so that tells me he will be involved tonight in the main event. I believe we are getting an Ambrose title win tonight with Reigns helping. That's my bold prediction. I know common sense says Rollins keeps the title for a few more months but I think he loses it tonight and wins it back shortly.

I interview Jerry Lawler tomorrow morning, finally. I put off watching his DVD until just now. So far so good. I have discovered a ton of stuff I never knew. I had no clue him and Jimmy Hart went to high school together.

There's zero chance Reigns is turning heel. It makes no sense with Rollins and The Authority as the top heels.

Ambrose wins the title but has it reversed because of Reigns interference which will lead to a Shield 3 way title match.

But Ambrose is winning this match. Rollins coming out first in the entrances is a hint.

Cena vs Owens was good (and not because of the outcome)...nice to watch. The rest was pretty bad.

Pretty good match between Ambrose and Rollins. Ambrose goes to the top rope, jumps and Rollins pulls ref in the way. Ambrose reverses an attempted move by Rollins, hits Dirty Deeds on Rollins. Referee is knocked out. Another ref comes out, and counts the 3 count. Crowd pops to an Ambrose title win. Ambrose celebrates as PG13 goes nuts at home. Then other ref comes to and says it was a disqualification win for Ambrose so Rollins keeps title. Rollins won't give up title, Authority gangs up on him. Reigns comes in for the save and Ambrose leaves with the title.

The main event was a good match with a stupid ending. I've never seen that as a DQ and heels have been pulling refs in front to get "knocked out" for years. You knew Ambrose wouldn't win the title but there could have been a better way to do it. Besides didn't they just have Ambrose run off and keep the IC title recently. Just stupid booking IMO.

Lawler interview is occurring in 3 hours. Going to have to go back and find some of your guys' questions unless you thought of some new ones and want to post them.

No longer excited about MITB. That ladder match can only play out poorly for WWE.

No longer excited about MITB. That ladder match can only play out poorly for WWE.

I thought Dean Ambrose was a shoe in for the MITB briefcase but now I don't know. Maybe Reigns wins it? There aren't many main eventers out there right now. I mean, seriously, who could possibly win it?

One old school comment (well, maybe two) and one recent.

1. I want ONE comment about Tojo Yamamoto (trained a LOT of the Gulas territory guys when Lawler broke into the business)
2. Who was/is bigger in Memphis in their time...Sputnik Monroe or himself?
3. Any regrets in NOT wrestling in a WM?

King did wrestle Michael Cole at Mania though, right?

Going over all your questions right now because I decided to be lazy until right before this interview.

Don't remember what I posted before, but topics to touch on for good Lawler convo is Nick Bonkwinkel, Jackie Fargo and Bill Dundee and how they impacted his career. Also how the ban on the pile driver impacted his wrestling styler as mainly a puncher. Then if he feels that memphis was a lead in for ECW because they had used a lot of weapons.

For a good story ask about Jarret's house on the hill and how it almost destroyed their relationship.

For a good story ask about Jarret's house on the hill and how it almost destroyed their relationship.

I'm almost finished putting together this interview with mostly your guys' questions and a few of my own. Can you give me a quick rundown of this so I know what I'm talking about?

Thanks, man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT