ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago

Having lived in Philly for 6 years, I can tell you that people in Philly love their cheesesteaks. It's not a tourist thing. And pizza, living in NJ taught me that the only pizza people in that area eat is NY style pizza.

You're missing my point entirely, but carry on. BTW, the best sandwich in Philly isn't a cheesesteak... DiNic's all the way (Although I have yet to try Jim's Cheesesteaks but find it hard to believe it could beat out DiNic's)

Tourists alone aren't keeping all of those pizza places open. What kind of pizza are Chicagoans ordering? Papa John's? I know a lot of people from Chicago and they love that style pizza.

A lot of the people I know there like the thin crust that is cut into little squares and rectangles. They don't eat Papa Johns there-always local

Maybe its an illusion because its on top, but the Chicago style looks to have a disgusting amount of sauce on it. I'm steak snob but a pizza simpleton.

If they expand by 50 to the point where they are making all their shit in bulk at some central commissary, then yes -- it's inevitable that quality goes down in that instance. Learn food.

Actually, don't. Keep patronizing your favorite chains, less crowds for the sophisticated palates to deal with.

If they expand by 50 to the point where they are making all their shit in bulk at some central commissary, then yes -- it's inevitable that quality goes down in that instance. Learn food.

Guess you were there in the early days of Malnati, Giordano etc. and can attest to the downswing in quality eh?

Correct, and I can also vouch for it NOW, Malnati's is garbage compared to the other offerings. Sorry that hurts your feelings.

Giordano's isn't pizza, but it most certainly is a special & unique treat of a concoction...I go there at least every other time I'm in Chicago, mainly to appease my wife, but I enjoy.

Leave that shtick to Adrian.

Thin crust I usually go to Tony's Deli in Little Italy. Also some good spots in the suburbs like Il Forno.

Actually was being serious. I thought you where from Chicago, so I ask your opinion of the joints I mentioned. Thought they where very solid pizza places. Re-reading my post I can see where you would take it that way. Hell I didn't even mention the cape and dicks (cheap looking shoes), it was a honest to goodness, serious question. If I had said "hey Caped Chicagoan Crusader" then I would have been trying to be a smart ass. And no I was not trying to be a ass here neither, just used that as a point of reference of when I am trying to be a smart ass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT