ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago

You can't wrong with Giordano's.

It's a chain so the cork-sniffers will turn their nose up at it but it's really good.

Chicago style pizza is a travesty. Ridiculous, really.

Never understood this kind of thinking. Pizza is like sex. There is "making love" and there is "f_______g". Both are awesome and I always welcome either.

And even when it is bad......it's good.

Chicago pizza a travesty?... TF is wrong with people?

Papa John's is a travesty, Chi-town pie is not.

Trust me, I am not too high and mighty for a giant slice of pie, I liked my pizza in New York, but I am more of a Chicago style guy myself so I am looking forward to this trip. The worst pizza is the stupid neapolitan style stuff that barely has any cheese on it. Garbage.

Reactions: GhostVol
Trust me, I am not too high and mighty for a giant slice of pie, I liked my pizza in New York, but I am more of a Chicago style guy myself so I am looking forward to this trip. The worst pizza is the stupid neapolitan style stuff that barely has any cheese on it. Garbage.

Jesus. Like the Chicago thing as much as you want, just understand it isn't pizza... It was invented by a WASP honky from Texas.

I ate at Lou M a year who and was not impressed. It was good but nothing special IMO. Maybe I need to go back and try it again. I'm definitely not a food snob.

DiGiorno's is really good, it may be hard to find a brick and mortar for a sit down pie, if you can't, just stop by a grocery and get one, it is so good, you will not even notice the difference. Doing so saves a lot of time and hassle of fighting traffic and people.

All kidding aside, I like thin crust, so Vito and Nick's is my favorite. Had Santullo's once while there and it was damn good. It is NYC style, which is good because I do not like all the pie offered in Chicago. Just wayyyy too much dough for me. Neither place is real fancy, just real good pizza.

Anth is going a bit overboard, here. I enjoy Chicago style once per trip...it's good & something different. Definitely not my preferred style....but, terrible?

Chicago Style Cracker Thin Crust > Thick crust, though, for sure...

Reactions: Mashburned
Actually if you watch Bourdain Layover: Chicago you'll see this is actually true.

I'm playing it up a bit. Chicago style at it's best is good. It is what it is, but whatever the hell that is, certainly isn't pizza. That's for damn sure.

Chicago = Big f*cking steaks, Italian beef and countless other meats shoved into tubes. If you want to waste a meal on that chicago sauce pie thing, your mistake.

Actually if you watch Bourdain Layover: Chicago you'll see this is actually true.

I'm playing it up a bit. Chicago style at it's best is good. It is what it is, but whatever the hell that is, certainly isn't pizza. That's for damn sure.

Chicago = Big f*cking steaks, Italian beef and countless other meats shoved into tubes. If you want to waste a meal on that chicago sauce pie thing, your mistake.

Because people only eat one meal on each trip to Chicago.

Horrible take Anth.

What makes pizza so great is it can be made so many ways and all be good.

I love NY style, Chicago deep dish style, Neapolitan style. It can all be good.

If I'm in Chicago I'm getting a deep dish at least once.

But if you want to talk overrated Chicago food we can talk about Mortons. Good but nowhere near great. Not even best prime chain steak.

Reactions: UpstateNYCat
Agree on your getting deep dish once, just. I always do, probably always will. Certainly have my favorites (NY, Neo), but I can enjoy all styles of pizza...

But Umm, why TF would you go to a Chain steakhouse that you could eat in Louisville (or any other city) when in a beef mecca like Chicago? Morton's is fine, but that's pretty stupid, you deserved a bad experience imo.

I know you're too good and too refined for "chain pizza" but some of us can manage to scarf it down and even, on occasion, enjoy it. Yep no difference in Malnati and the Pizza Hut Tuesday night buffet at all. And yes we know you've eaten at Pequod's. . .only had to tell us once.

ADVERTISEMENT