ADVERTISEMENT

Chart: UK players in three mock drafts

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
IMG-7634.png

Rob is gonna be a huge star in the NBA in a few years. Reed, I just don't see doing well in the league but hope I'm wrong.

Based on how the league has changed over the last decade or so, Big Z may end up with the best career out of anyone.

Rob is gonna be a huge star in the NBA in a few years. Reed, I just don't see doing well in the league but hope I'm wrong.

Based on how the league has changed over the last decade or so, Big Z may end up with the best career out of anyone.
Reed ball watches a lot. His motor isn't that great, either. And his passes will be picked off left and right by the pros. He's got good reason to come back, but I would not want to under Cal.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Reed ball watches a lot. His motor isn't that great, either. And his passes will be picked off left and right by the
pros. He's got good reason to come back, but I would not want to under Cal.

I think his motor is OK, but it's his build that has trouble powering that motor it seems. Undersized, still a little doughy, sometimes seems to be a little lost and overwhelmed when teams are bigger and more physical.

I really think he needs another year. I also don't think he's going to test well at the combines and workouts and I'd be surprised if he's a top10 pick. I thiknk teams are salivating at what he COULD turn into. But I think he needs another year at this level so he can be ready for the NBA's bigger and faster players.

Based on those predictions, how in the hell can they say "there is a less than 50% chance ANY of them return ?" With almost all of them either not on the board or in the 50's/60's range or higher, I would say the % is 80% chance at least ONE of them returns. We know Reeves and Mitchell will not be (no time left), Rob (draft), will not be back, but ALL of the rest will consider coming back. We will not get all, but I think we get 2/3 guys back. I may be wrong, we will see.

Can’t help but think about that missed dunk.
I hope him and Wagner leave!
Me too. No way I would EVER want a talented kid who struggled as a freshman, but also showed promise, to EVER come back and get better. There has NEVER been a player (not just at UK), that struggled as a young kid on a big stage, and came back to school and got a lot better.
Nah, I want to be just like a lot of the crazies on here, dog players, hope for them to leave, then bitch about "NOBODY ever returns to UK." I swear some of you would will NOT think of any positive outcomes. WHY, name ONE reason why Wagner and Edwards would not get better with another year of maturity ? Is it just them two guys ? Why would it be that IF Z or Theiro came back, they would be a lot better, but Wagner and Edwards can't improve ? Yes, I was frustrated with BOTH of them several games this year, but to not want neither of them to come back is just flat out dumb. I can't see ANY way that a second year DJ Wagner and Justin Edwards would not be beneficial for UK ? Keep hoping they leave, but do not bitch and moan with the "we have all freshman players on the team this year." Can't have it both ways.
BOTH kids was model teammates, did not complain, or put their head down and pout when things did not go the way they thought it should. They kept fighting, playing hard, and supported their teammates while THEY struggled (hell DJ played thru injury and pain), there is not ONE sign that these kids have not been anything but solid character kids and even better teammates.

People see where Reeves is projected in the mock and still think Reed will do at least 3 years here .

Insane . I get hoping for next year but I have seen a few people say he will be here 3 or 4 years lol

Anyone think Edwards will be in dunk contest next year?
Man...I have never seen a player in all the years I have been watching basketball, whether college or pro, get rejected by the rim so often. Had to have happened at least 6 or more times this year with Edwards. I just don't understand.

On top of this, my goodness, how many wide open layups on the break did he miss? Just unbelievable. Heck, in the Oakland game he got rejected by the rim on a dunk attempt where he was wide open, and then missed a wide open layup on the fastbreak. Both pivotal plays that could have swung the momentum. I am at a loss as to how someone as athletic as him cannot finish basic attempts at the rim...

Absolutely mind boggling.

Me too. No way I would EVER want a talented kid who struggled as a freshman, but also showed promise, to EVER come back and get better. There has NEVER been a player (not just at UK), that struggled as a young kid on a big stage, and came back to school and got a lot better.
Nah, I want to be just like a lot of the crazies on here, dog players, hope for them to leave, then bitch about "NOBODY ever returns to UK." I swear some of you would will NOT think of any positive outcomes. WHY, name ONE reason why Wagner and Edwards would not get better with another year of maturity ? Is it just them two guys ? Why would it be that IF Z or Theiro came back, they would be a lot better, but Wagner and Edwards can't improve ? Yes, I was frustrated with BOTH of them several games this year, but to not want neither of them to come back is just flat out dumb. I can't see ANY way that a second year DJ Wagner and Justin Edwards would not be beneficial for UK ? Keep hoping they leave, but do not bitch and moan with the "we have all freshman players on the team this year." Can't have it both ways.
BOTH kids was model teammates, did not complain, or put their head down and pout when things did not go the way they thought it should. They kept fighting, playing hard, and supported their teammates while THEY struggled (hell DJ played thru injury and pain), there is not ONE sign that these kids have not been anything but solid character kids and even better teammates.
Not reading all that shit!
I wonder if you pumpers even watch basketball seriously. I’d rather have a player that fought his ass off like Thiero than ya YouTube sensations.
I don’t understand why the hell you’d want selfish players back. If we didn’t have them Cal would’ve been forced to start Rob and Reed. We would’ve done a lot better with out them. Just go pray a little while maybe the lord with give you some wisdom or common sense.

Not reading all that shit!
I wonder if you pumpers even watch basketball seriously. I’d rather have a player that fought his ass off like Thiero than ya YouTube sensations.
I don’t understand why the hell you’d want selfish players back. If we didn’t have them Cal would’ve been forced to start Rob and Reed. We would’ve done a lot better with out them. Just go pray a little while maybe the lord with give you some wisdom or common sense.
Didn't read it all ? (though it looks like you DID (lol). Pumpers ? Because I would like to see kids come back for a second year ? WTF are you talking about, selfish players ? Wagner nor Edwards showed one ounce of being a selfish player. They busted their ass, tried to get better. GTFO here with that false labeling BS. I clearly stated they BOTH struggled (not being a pumper, whatever the F that is suppose to mean), but to want them to leave is just really dumb. They did NOT show any signs of being like Sharpe, Whitney, or other problem players, quit trying to make them out to be or lumping them into those type of players, when clearly they were not. Wisdom and common sense ? I have forgot more than you will ever know about the game. Labeling those guys as selfish and did not play hard, let me know all I needed to know about your type. Also, quit using the "lord" to try and prop up your stupid beliefs.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
FWIW I'd welcome any of the crew back . I liked them all. Ugo has miles to go before he can help . Its my opinion its so many miles he never gets there . Wrong fit for UK IMO

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Man...I have never seen a player in all the years I have been watching basketball, whether college or pro, get rejected by the rim so often. Had to have happened at least 6 or more times this year with Edwards. I just don't understand.

On top of this, my goodness, how many wide open layups on the break did he miss? Just unbelievable. Heck, in the Oakland game he got rejected by the rim on a dunk attempt where he was wide open, and then missed a wide open layup on the fastbreak. Both pivotal plays that could have swung the momentum. I am at a loss as to how someone as athletic as him cannot finish basic attempts at the rim...

Absolutely mind boggling.
The answer is He's just not that athletic.

I think Rob, Reed, Edwards, and Big Z all enter the draft. I think Onyenso and Bradshaw both transfer. We get back Theiro and Wagner. Wagner was hampered by the injury plus we're not as guard-heavy next season so he'll get his minutes next year and a chance to improve his draft status. Similar to when the Harrison's came back.
Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
LOL, sure you did. Nice rebuttal. Went from using the Lord to prop up your shitty stance, to calling names and saying FU. OK, I am done with you, your IQ has to be that of a 10 year old. Using the Lord then FU / whore in your next "post", shows a lack of intelligence and that you truly are a water head. You can tell when someone is losing an argument and getting their ass handed to them, they revert to name calling instead of a rebuttal to strengthen their stance.

FWIW I'd welcome any of the crew back . I liked them all. Ugo has miles to go before he can help . Its my opinion its so many miles he never gets there . Wrong fit for UK IMO
Edwards is the guy I’d like to see back the most (aside from reed or rob). I know he blew it in that Oakland game but he was showing real potential there at the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT