ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Lottery Pick

You're both predicting the future, meaning neither is truth yet.

Saying Reed is the next SGA is bonkers. SGA is putting up Jordan numbers in the league.

Honestly Reed is likely a 6th or 7th man off the bench NBA type player. While his steals in college are impressive it won't be enough when he's getting torched on defense in the NBA.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Saying Reed is the next SGA is bonkers. SGA is putting up Jordan numbers in the league.

Honestly Reed is likely a 6th or 7th man off the bench NBA type player. While his steals in college are impressive it won't be enough when he's getting torched on defense in the NBA.
But he did not say Reed is the next SGA. What he said is that he thought Reed's ceiling was like SGA. That's setting up a straw man argument. You might be right about Reed in the future but you are damned sure not right yet. You aren't right until your predictions of the future acutally happen.

But he did not say Reed is the next SGA. What he said is that he thought Reed's ceiling was like SGA. That's setting up a straw man argument. You might be right about Reed in the future but you are damned sure not right yet. You aren't right until your predictions of the future acutally happen.

Dude your just arguing to argue... you could say the same crap your spewing on just about any thread.

Guess we will finish having this conversation in a year or two.

Dude your just arguing to argue... you could say the same crap your spewing on just about any thread.

Guess we will finish having this conversation in a year or two.
I'm not the guy giving guarantees about the future; that's you. And if your predictions are so perfect show me the post you made about SGA putting up Jordan like numbers while he was still at UK. Also, I was not arguing. I was just pointing out that you are full of yourself by thinking your predictions about the future are fact. If you can't take somebody talking back to you I welcome you to GTFO.

I don't disagree with you, but could you kindly stop pushing for it?
Exactly! It's almost like these guys are rooting for our best players to leave. Are these UK fans or not? If the kid wants to come back, let him. We all understand the economics of this stuff. Not everyone is driven solely by money. The irrational and overblown worry about getting a career ending injury if you come back, the actual odds of that happening are miniscule. I bet no one can name the last player to end his basketball playing days in college because of an injury. In most cases we'd be talking about someone that already had a history of injuries.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I'm not the guy giving guarantees about the future; that's you. And if your predictions are so perfect show me the post you made about SGA putting up Jordan like numbers while he was still at UK. Also, I was not arguing. I was just pointing out that you are full of yourself by thinking your predictions about the future are fact. If you can't take somebody talking back to you I welcome you to GTFO.

Heres a prediction you won't last long on here with that attitude.

Seems like I struck your nerve - have a good Thursday my guy.

Heres a prediction you won't last long on here with that attitude.

Seems like I struck your nerve - have a good Thursday my guy.
I've been posting here for over 10 years so you already missed that one. I just don't like people pretending their predictions about the future are facts. But you struck no nerves, I've just been taunting you because I don't like condescension. You have a good day as well.

Wasn't Tim Duncsn projected lottery an even 1st overall 3 straight timesca returned every time?

Wasn't Tim Duncsn projected lottery an even 1st overall 3 straight timesca returned every time?
You are correct. And partly as a result he was one of the few NBA players I've seen be a star from day one and he still played 20 years in the NBA.

And the Reed family is in a hard place? Highly doubt that. Still, the ONLY reason Reed should return in he t5-10 is if he gets enough nil AND all these guys that can come back to be the NC favorite like the Fla kids did. Hopefully, we'll win it this year so this all becomes a moot point. Must remember who the coach is.
I never said Reed’s family is in a hard place. I’m sure they’re doing just fine.

I'm sorry Rob your going to be very disappointed when Reed does reach the NBA. This is an insane take and not true at all.
Well then just remember I said it when it does happen. Reed slows the game down and plays at his pace. He is a better playmaker than Herro and just as good if not better shooter. He is definitely above Quickley at the same point in time. He is better than Iq overall at every facet to be honest I love Quickleys game but Reed is better. Reed is one of the best gaurds I have seen at Kentucky. He is literally a version of Tyler Ulis plus however many inches taller he is. Reed is built well and doesn't get pushed around either.

Teams aren't taking anyone in the lottery that they don't project might be all stars one day. Reed will be that provided he doesn't get injured. That is the only way he isn't. All of these players naturally progress and thats no different for Reed.

Reactions: Ron Mehico

And you probably never thought Sga would become what he has. Reed isn't as good in some ways but in some ways he is better. This is from evaluating them as 18 year old freshman. Reed is a better and more willing passer and is an incredibly cerebraly gifted player. People who only look at certain attributes don't understand. Reed is a mixture of Klay Thompson and Chris Paul. People can laugh at that all they want but it is the truth. Just sit back and watch. The kid is that good.

Reed is one of the few, because of his parentage, that may have dreamed more of playing for UK than in the NBA.
Not trying to be an ass, but this is delusional fan-fiction.

What you people are ignoring is the fact that he's 6'2 on a good day. That ain't going to change. You have the weakest draft you're going to see in a long, long time. His stock will never be higher.

Reactions: Zissou87
Not trying to be an ass, but this is delusional fan-fiction.

What you people are ignoring is the fact that he's 6'2 on a good day. That ain't going to change. You have the weakest draft you're going to see in a long, long time. His stock will never be higher.

False

He’s a very good player and there’s no reason he won’t be a really high draft pick in 2025
Stellar rebuttal. I never said he wouldn't be a "high pick." But the evidence strongly suggests he's not likely to get any higher than he is right now.

Let's break this down. Say he comes back. We're not likely to be any better or make a deeper run next season than we are this year. So that's not helping him. What if he's asked to carry a bigger load offensively and his 3 point % takes a hit. Think that's going to help a 6'2 point guard that's not terribly fast? That brings up another issue - speed. You think he's suddenly going to grow jets this coming year? Just like his size, that ain't changing either.

I love the kid. Would like to see him stay all 4 years. But, that's selfish. Also, I'm not a moron and know - realistically - it's 100% in his best long-term interest to strike while the iron is hot.

Reactions: DraftCat
Stellar rebuttal. I never said he wouldn't be a "high pick." But the evidence strongly suggests he's not likely to get any higher than he is right now.

Let's break this down. Say he comes back. We're not likely to be any better or make a deeper run next season than we are this year. So that's not helping him. What if he's asked to carry a bigger load offensively and his 3 point % takes a hit. Think that's going to help a 6'2 point guard that's not terribly fast? That brings up another issue - speed. You think he's suddenly going to grow jets this coming year? Just like his size, that ain't changing either.

I love the kid. Would like to see him stay all 4 years. But, that's selfish. Also, I'm not a moron and know - realistically - it's 100% in his best long-term interest to strike while the iron is hot.

Nope, everything you said is opinion, and it’s incorrect.

Okay. Put your money where your mouth is. Permaban bet. If Reed comes back, I'll never post on this site again. If he doesn't, you never post again. Fair?

Oh so completely changing the subject? Guess you’re done arguing that Reed would be a really high draft pick in 2025?

You don't know what you are talking about. There is zero evidence to suggest he couldn't raise his draft stock. People were saying the same thing about Zach Edey last year. Why do you assume we wouldn't be better next year with Reed running the show? We would have a pre season all american who we know we will gjve the ball to and allow to make the right decisions.

His numbers next year would be off the charts even if his 3 point percentage took a 10 percent decrease it would still be incredible. Why do so many people think Reed is slow of foot? That is absolutely not the case and combined with the fact he is so effecient with his movements it allows him to get by guys easily.

Reed is a better athlete than any of our gaurds not named Rob. Like sga his ability to make the defense respect his pull up game allows him to get by guys rather easily. He has that Luka type old man slow game which is actually a huge ability that seperates good players from great players.

Reeds situation is not one that is reliant on striking while the iron is hot because he is no fluke or flash in the pan type player. He is a very rare combination of skill and sneaky athletisicm that doesn't come around often. People like you just don't understand the gifted player he is because it is hard for you to believe a guy like him could be that good. His shooting really seperates him from many players but he is by no means just a shooter. He makes EVERYONE around him better. That is what nba gms are looking for. They will be drooling to draft him whether it is this year or next.

Reed is a better athlete than any of our gaurds not named Rob.
WWo5Ga.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT