ADVERTISEMENT

Bud and Z

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
1. Congrats to both - hope they both shine and make the UK program look good to potential NFLers.
2. Both of these guys were rated, athletic-wise, pretty highly. Both had questions re: technique. I know Bud suffered under the Joker regime and probably didn't get much coaching but I think the Stoops staff is much better at actual coaching. Is this an indication that our players are not being coached/developed to the extent I, and many others, have thought? Maybe a symptom of changing systems?
3. If both of our ends were drafted in the first 4 rounds and we had a pretty bad run defense, how can some of you expect a significant upgrade from last year? And, know this, I don't buy into the notion that a player improves just because he gets a year older. I've seen plenty of Jrs and Srs in my 40+ years of UK footbally who weren't much better than they were as Fr and sophs. Experience does help but you still have to be physically good enough to make the play. Will we have more and better playmakers now that Bud and Z have been drafted?

We'll be stouter up the middle, I think. Im not sure it will be enough to compete with the big boys in the SEC; but I think itll be a noticeable improvement.

Another thing that can help run D, is our offense being improved. 3 and outs KILL a defense if the other team continue to pound away on the ground. Plus, if we can build a lead, the opposing offense cant just continue to hand the ball off every down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT