ADVERTISEMENT

The forward positions next year suddenly look very promising.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
6'9" Jayden Quaintance
6'8" Jordan Burks
6'8" Adou Thiero
6'6" Karter Knox (hopefully)
6'6" Billy Richmond

I love the defensive potential with this group. Burks is eventually going to be a high-level defender. Richmond is already Liggins-esque at the same age. Thiero is getting better at defense all the time.

We will still need a portal guard to go with Sheppard, Fland, Perry, and Richmond, and I like the idea of Big Z, Onyenso, and Cyril at the 5 (I know Z is still a longshot to return).

We could have a much better defensive team next year.

6'9" Jayden Quaintance
6'8" Jordan Burks
6'8" Adou Thiero
6'6" Billy Richmond

I love the defensive potential with this group. Burks is eventually going to be a high-level defender. Richmond is already Liggins-esque at the same age. Thiero is getting better at defense all the time.

We will still need a portal guard to go with Sheppard, Fland, Perry, and Richmond, and I like the idea of Big Z, Onyenso, and Cyril at the 5 (I know Z is still a longshot to return).

There will be no Shepperd. Longshot to return as well.

I don’t know if Reed will or will not be back. But I am curious as to why some of you on this board think a guy who is very likely going in the lottery will return?

His family does love the university, but I just don’t see how you don’t bolt if somebody promises to draft you in the lottery. That’s a once in a lifetime opportunity that you take while it’s there. Not every draft class is as weak as this one.

I don’t know if Reed will or will not be back. But I am curious as to why some of you on this board think a guy who is very likely going in the lottery will return?

His family does love the university, but I just don’t see how you don’t bolt if somebody promises to draft you in the lottery. That’s a once in a lifetime opportunity that you take while it’s there. Not every draft class is as weak as this one.
This was a month ago when Reed could do no wrong. He has been somewhat exposed now. I agre 10000000%. If he is consid lottery he has to go but I’d fire the guy making that pick long term.

I hope Burks stays, but he seems like a classic Cal transfer candidate.
Well, somebody has to. I mean OP is all giddy about something that is actually a problem. I wanted to see Thiero (if he would’ve stayed healthy) play at least 25 minutes per game.

But Justin Edwards kept getting undeserved minutes. And Tre Mitchell kept playing 35 minutes per game. And then Big Z was brought into the picture. So there’s no world in which he was ever going to get those kinds of minutes across the season.

You’re going to have this sort of logjam again next year if all these guys OP speaks of are on the roster.

The lottery stuff is 6 weeks old.

He's not going lottery now. Maybe late first round, but definitely not lottery.

No shot Reed is in the lottery.

This was a month ago when Reed could do no wrong. He has been somewhat exposed now. I agre 10000000%. If he is consid lottery he has to go but I’d fire the guy making that pick long term.
It’s not a month ago. Google the various draft boards and head to the NBA draft sub Reddit where there’s all kinds of knowledgeable people and you will see he is still a very high pick.

In this weak draft the scouts are not worried about his size because he brings so much to the table and is a player that will help teams win.

• Haha
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
Rumors of Knox leaning to Lou per other sites, but that’s ok. Need to land some solid transfers
I like Knox, but he isn't going to set the world on fire next year, regardless of where he goes. I hope we get him obviously, but with Richmond, Thiero, and Burks, that's already a nice collection of wing forwards.

6'9" Jayden Quaintance
6'8" Jordan Burks
6'8" Adou Thiero
6'6" Billy Richmond

I’d say that is 100% gonna happen especially with strong lost players like Somto. Problem is gonna be can we get enough Shooting and scoring to return?

I like Knox, but he isn't going to set the world on fire next year, regardless of where he goes. I hope we get him obviously, but with Richmond, Thiero, and Burks, that's already a nice collection of wing forwards.
I think we need more pure scorers, even assuming Reed returns. That’s why Edgecombe would‘ve been huge. Feel good about the front court. Maybe need one more C depending on Onyenso

Reactions: Fox2monk
It’s not a month ago. Google the various draft boards and head to the NBA draft sub Reddit where there’s all kinds of knowledgeable people and you will see he is still a very high pick.

In this weak draft the scouts are not worried about his size because he brings so much to the table and is a player that will help teams win.
Agree to disagree

Im not saying Reed is going to leave and go to the NBA. Definitely not saying he is a lottery pick.

This guy, Johnathan Wasserman, is pretty good and today he has Reed going 12th to the Bulls.

Nobody truly knows what Reed will do. It's not really worth fighting over at this point.

Agree to disagree
I’m not going to agree to disagree, dude. There are people who make a living projecting these things and they’re pretty good at it. There are people arguing in this thread, and I believe you’re one of them - that all of the projections are a month old, and I’ve shown clear evidence to the contrary…

I’m not going to agree to disagree, dude. There are people who make a living projecting these things and they’re pretty good at it. There are people arguing in this thread, and I believe you’re one of them - that all of the projections are a month old, and I’ve shown clear evidence to the contrary…
I'm proud of you. You made your stand, and it's a strong one. Well done, CincyUKFan, and I mean that! Reed to the lottery for the win!

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
I'm proud of you. You made your stand, and it's a strong one. Well done, CincyUKFan, and I mean that! Reed to the lottery for the win!
Yeah, you could type this as you have.

Or you could say, “Yep I was wrong. He’s still currently projected as a lottery pick.”

You and your cronies said the projections were not up-to-date and you and your cronies are wrong. I promise you it’s OK to just say, “Yeah I was wrong about that.”

Also, it does wonders if you can find a way to say these words to your wife…

Next years team better be damn good on defense. Like 2015 level. Because they’re going to struggle like hell to score.

Yeah, you could type this as you have.

Or you could say, “Yep I was wrong. He’s still currently projected as a lottery pick.”

You and your cronies said the projections were not up-to-date and you and your cronies are wrong. I promise you it’s OK to just say, “Yeah I was wrong about that.”

Also, it does wonders if you can find a way to say these words to your wife…
I just congratulated you.

Did you miss that part?

You're right that those webpages said Reed is a lottery pick in their eyes. That doesn't mean he will be one, but you are right that the info you found supports your case.

By the way, I don't have any cronies, but I'm always looking for a wing man if you want to be mine...

f88f8ac6-dd62-4b25-8f40-6cade2176bd2_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT