ADVERTISEMENT

The forward positions next year suddenly look very promising.

Yeah, OP seems to be missing this: Thiero is likely the best outside shooter of that bunch. He’s at 33%.
Try again. I'm not missing anything. I said they could be a very good defensive unit at forward and much improved defensive team. Check out the original post for more details on what exactly I wrote.

I just congratulated you.

Did you miss that part?

You're right that those webpages said Reed is a lottery pick in their eyes. That doesn't mean he will be one, but you are right that the info you found supports your case.

By the way, I don't have any cronies, but I'm always looking for a wing man if you want to be mine...

f88f8ac6-dd62-4b25-8f40-6cade2176bd2_text.gif
How old were you when that movie came out? Just curious. How many years go did your wife hit menopause?

I don’t know if Reed will or will not be back. But I am curious as to why some of you on this board think a guy who is very likely going in the lottery will return?

His family does love the university, but I just don’t see how you don’t bolt if somebody promises to draft you in the lottery. That’s a once in a lifetime opportunity that you take while it’s there. Not every draft class is as weak as this one.

Totally agree I just think he is fringe lottery at best and then he will be picked apart on measurements and will be more of a 20th-25th guy. JMHO.

Try again. I'm not missing anything. I said they could be a very good defensive unit at forward and much improved defensive team. Check out the original post for more details on what exactly I wrote.
You are giddy about a group that absolutely cannot shoot. And how exactly do you think minutes are going to be distributed to this bunch that you’re so giddy about?

There definitely won't be a Shepherd, Shepperd, Shaperd, Sheapard, Shaperd, or Shrepperd on next year's team. There might be a Sheppard though.
You beat me to it.

It's STUNNING how many different ways our 'fans' can mangle his last name. It's not like his last name is Krzyzewski or something.

You are giddy about a group that absolutely cannot shoot. And how exactly do you think minutes are going to be distributed to this bunch that you’re so giddy about?
It's typically called "depth." Folks usually tend to enjoy it from time to time.

Listen, I know you're ready to Napalm Lexington. Most of us are, but there's nothing wrong with a little optimism when it comes to individual players, especially after a night where a guy like Jordan Burks looked like he took a massive step.

But if you want to go full emo mode tonight, have at it.

It's typically called "depth." Folks usually tend to enjoy it from time to time.

Listen, I know you're ready to Napalm Lexington. Most of us are, but there's nothing wrong with a little optimism when it comes to individual players, especially after a night where a guy like Jordan Burks looked like he took a massive step.

But if you want to go full emo mode tonight, have at it.
Jordan Burks will never average more than 10 minutes a game and he will probably transfer when he begins to realize that.

Only sunshine pumpers are excited after a win over the worst team in the SEC (probably bottom 50 of NCAA) in which people like Burks and Edwards scored the bulk of their points in garbage time, even in this blowout.

Jordan Burks will never average more than 10 minutes a game and he will probably transfer when he begins to realize that.

Only sunshine pumpers are excited after a win over the worst team in the SEC (probably bottom 50 of NCAA) in which people like Burks and Edwards scored the bulk of their points in garbage time, even in this blowout.
You must not pay very close attention.

I've been anti-Cal for a long time.

I'd suggest you pay better attention in the future.

Not everyone is going to agree with you 100%.

6'9" Jayden Quaintance
6'8" Jordan Burks
6'8" Adou Thiero
6'6" Karter Knox (hopefully)
6'6" Billy Richmond

I love the defensive potential with this group. Burks is eventually going to be a high-level defender. Richmond is already Liggins-esque at the same age. Thiero is getting better at defense all the time.

We will still need a portal guard to go with Sheppard, Fland, Perry, and Richmond, and I like the idea of Big Z, Onyenso, and Cyril at the 5 (I know Z is still a longshot to return).

We could have a much better defensive team next year.
Having a better defensive team should be an easy achievement.

You must not pay very close attention.

I've been anti-Cal for a long time.

I'd suggest you pay better attention in the future.

Not everyone is going to agree with you 100%.
Well, I offer you a sincere apology. It’s very hard to keep things straight on this board as the usual suspects show up after wins against terrible teams, celebrating our coach and our players for their Herculean effort against dog turds.

Last edited:
Dude, how many hours of your days do you spend thinking about me? I constantly see you either comparing someone to me or accusing them of being me. There is only one me, and I will never leave you in doubt about who it is! The name should always give it away.

Second, you need to get tougher skin. You seem to get into a lot of arguments on here, and you have for years if we're being honest. Don't always play the victim when all else fails.

Last year you had to take that "mental health break" from here for a few months. You came back in better spirits for a brief period. Maybe it's time for another!?!?
periodic table name. slick.

Reactions: Mike-McD
Next years Team is going to be the inverse of this one lol especially if reed leaves lmao we’re gonna be lucky to break 65-70

Nope it’s absolutely current. Keep getting your hopes up though, by all means.
Trust me, talked to a former nba guy in New Orleans and Reeds stock has tumbled. They need to see him get to the rim and score plus defend without reaching or jump passing lanes because in the nba a tiny mistake and your done

Tankathon, February 4th

CBS Sports, TODAY

Bleacher Report, January 30th

Should I keep going?
Different sport but where was Levis projected to go by the “experts”? How about Keldon Johnson?

these experts are all journalists….just opinionators….

we will see as he has an amazing skill set, but not sure I’d write a check based on any of those sources….

either way he either will or won’t. Not sure what all the hub but is about…nothing on this board will change where he is drafted….

6'9" Jayden Quaintance
6'8" Jordan Burks
6'8" Adou Thiero
6'6" Karter Knox (hopefully)
6'6" Billy Richmond

I love the defensive potential with this group. Burks is eventually going to be a high-level defender. Richmond is already Liggins-esque at the same age. Thiero is getting better at defense all the time.

We will still need a portal guard to go with Sheppard, Fland, Perry, and Richmond, and I like the idea of Big Z, Onyenso, and Cyril at the 5 (I know Z is still a longshot to return).

We could have a much better defensive team next year.
We don’t know that Richmond is Liggins-esque. That’s a high bar, actually, at the collegiate level, defensively speaking. Wait and see.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
We don’t know that Richmond is Liggins-esque. That’s a high bar, actually, at the collegiate level, defensively speaking. Wait and see.
*"At the same age."

DeAndre was a good defender in high school, but obviously he wasn't the DeAndre that we all know him for as a sophomore/junior in college.

Cal needs to really close this year out strong, not only for me to be excited next year.. but even for him to BE here for next season. There's still a chance this season goes south and UK and he figure out a way to part ways.

It’s likely an 11 or 12 loss season. 😫

Ah idk. I'm not there yet. I do think this team will improve in areas, and we're not a finished project. I mean SOME players have to get better, just by nature. We're almost always a better team in March than we are in January.

I'd put us around 10 losses right now, if we're talking regular season and SECT.

Maybe talk to another NBA guy?
I hope you haven't wagered anything on Reed going in the lottery or even the first round.

White guys that lack size, length, quickness, great athleticism and aren't great at breaking guys down off the dribble and are below avg defensively don't tend to be highly coveted in the league.

His shooting numbers and IQ are his greatest assets, but those won't translate if he lacks the physical tools.

This time last year, Nick Smith Jr. and Leonard Miller were lottery picks in most mocks. Smith jr. ended up late first rd and Miller was a 2nd rounder.

I don’t know if Reed will or will not be back. But I am curious as to why some of you on this board think a guy who is very likely going in the lottery will return?

His family does love the university, but I just don’t see how you don’t bolt if somebody promises to draft you in the lottery. That’s a once in a lifetime opportunity that you take while it’s there. Not every draft class is as weak as this one.
Have you noticed his play lately? Cannot guard a statue. Some ridiculous uncharacteristic turnovers and FT% is dropping. Is he playing too many minutes or just out of shape. He needs to get stronger and work on his quickness. Ziegler made him look foolish on Saturday. I say he will be back and I will buy everyone a White Castle hamburger if he leaves.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Can we learn to at least correctly spell his name. I know … but it’s a pet peave. SMH ;-)
@Mike_Edwards - I owe you a huge apology. Someone busted me yesterday for Sheppard’s name getting autocorrected to Shepherd. When I read your post, I thought it was you and my fingers couldn’t type fast enough. Later down the thread I realized the same person who policed my thread did the same to you …. and I had the wrong person.

Sorry to be an a$$. It wasn’t intended for you!

No shot Reed is in the lottery.
We're all just stating opinions here but I've been an NBA fan for 55 years and I have been pretty good about predicting draft picks. I think Reed could go anywhere from 10-25. He still might come back though; his NIL may set records and would probably be comparable to a latter 1st round pick.

Dude I get ya. But SoS is NOT a calboi. He is the opposite.

I hope you haven't wagered anything on Reed going in the lottery or even the first round.

White guys that lack size, length, quickness, great athleticism and aren't great at breaking guys down off the dribble and are below avg defensively don't tend to be highly coveted in the league.

His shooting numbers and IQ are his greatest assets, but those won't translate if he lacks the physical tools.

This time last year, Nick Smith Jr. and Leonard Miller were lottery picks in most mocks. Smith jr. ended up late first rd and Miller was a 2nd rounder.
Brand new account...check
Weird sexual German name...check
Trashes Sheppard with ridiculous oblique criticism...check

Troll confirmed

Reactions: cats1920
Which of those players won't hit the portal if Rupp's Rafters gets its way?

Brand new account...check
Weird sexual German name...check
Trashes Sheppard with ridiculous oblique criticism...check

Troll confirmed
I will leave it to you to determine what criteria is trolling. Seems like you have a lot of experience in trolling. 😳

To ignore you go!

We're all just stating opinions here but I've been an NBA fan for 55 years and I have been pretty good about predicting draft picks. I think Reed could go anywhere from 10-25. He still might come back though; his NIL may set records and would probably be comparable to a latter 1st round pick.
The NBA guys like it if you have a defined position. Reed is too short to play the SG and too slow to play the PG. PG is now the most athletic position in the NBA across the board. And they want you to be 6’4 or 6’5 for SG like Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson. Listen I’m the president of the Reed fan club but while DJ is out and he is bringing the ball up the court more he is getting the ball stolen from him consistently at least once a game. I’ve never seen a player with Reed’s current handle excel at PG at the NBA level. So likely he will be a career bench combo guard. And that’s fine but as other posters have pointed out….you combine short, minus lateral quickness, and average handle and even in this upcoming historically abysmal draft I think Lottery isn’t very likely. Meanwhile Reeves at 6’6 with a developing driving game and almost elite perimeter shooting I could see just sliding into the end of the 1st round if he plays well at the combine.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I would be surprised if Reed is a lottery. I feel a similar way that I did when I saw Andre Woodson was projected as the top QB in the NFL draft. Analysts literally had him there, but when rubber meets the road, I suspect he falls into late 1st round / early 2nd round territory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT