ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking news. Some guy shoots up a church in Charleston, SC

This was a very historical church. The oldest Black Church in the south, founded in the late 18th century. It's a real landmark. This would have been horrible being anywhere but this particular church makes it even worse.

Don't see how killing 9 in a black church vs a historical black church can make it worse.

A "hate crime" means there was no other motive other than hate for a certain kind of people. If a store clerk gets shot in a robbery the motive was robbery, but if some demented individual kills a person of a different race or ethnicity just for the hell of it, it's a hate crime. Both are horrible but IMO a hate crime is worse.

Kill 9 people in a robbery, movie theatre, church is all horrible...no matter the reasoning...

Do not understand the "but that makes it worse...but that makes it worse"...innocent people getting killed is as bad as it gets in any scenario.

I would hope doing something so horrible wouldn't require the hate crime label just to get a stiffer punishment.

You'd think all murders would be considered a hate crime.

And of course ole Heisman the resident racist wants to make this about whites and christians. Seems pretty obvious these people were killed because they were black, not because they were Christians. I know that doesn't fit your agenda but hey, keep trying.

I remember this one guy from Florida who posted here. I think the northern part. Can't put my finger on his name, but can any of you think of another guy who may have been an N Fl Cat?

Terrible tragedy.

I don't pray, but I'll keep the dead and their families in my thoughts.

if this story I'm posting isn't a Hate crime there is no such thing as a hate crime.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom

It's easy to accuse a hate crime. That happens all the time. But like anything else in a criminal trial, it must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The very article you linked quotes the district attorney saying that, aside from the race of the offenders and the race of the victims, there was zero evidence of racial animus. In this Charleston case, there is evidence of racial animus, most certainly sufficient to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the crime was motivated by racial hatred.

Colin Ferguson. Whose crime, of course, was racial but that angle is rarely mentioned. Beware of the narrative.

But that doesn't make this any less heinous. And for those of you criticizing Ghost, stick it. His takes are always sincere and he's earned his cred.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbpointblank1979
Article on Yahoo main page said that one of the survivors said,

***He reloaded 5x. Kept saying thinks like "You come here and rape our women. You are taking over our country. You have to go."***

There is a recurring theme with these mass-murdered types. And it ain't good.

Here's the exact quote.

"He just said 'I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go,'" Johnson told NBC News

And of course ole Heisman the resident racist wants to make this about whites and christians. Seems pretty obvious these people were killed because they were black, not because they were Christians. I know that doesn't fit your agenda but hey, keep trying.

Aw yes. The obligatory "you're a racist for not agreeing with me" idiocy. Seriously piss off.

No one is trying to take away from the victims and this being a tragedy. I pointed out fairly on that the killer was an obvious stereotype. What I'm pointing out FAIRLY is the nonsense of "hate crime" only applying to one race and the fact that early on last night before any other details came out, the media latched on to the victims being black as opposed to Christians.

Hell yes this is a constant problem with the media and the narrative they want to show especially considering the past year with the crimes they like to focus on. This is a serious crime and I hope they kill this guy in prison but I know with the likes of Baltimore and Ferguson, there will be tons of people walking away with the notion that it is an epidemic of black people being targeted for their race and deliberately being done to divide us. They don't portray race as an issue unless some white psycho is at fault.

And by all means explain to me what is "racist" about what I said? I can't stand people like you. You throw that term around with such ease any time someone brings up a fair point.

I plan on buying my daughter a .22 when she gets older........but I will teach her how to use it properly......not make her a flaming nut-job.....and LOCK THAT SH!T UP where she can't get to it without my supervision.

Classify crimes however you want, taking a life is taking a life and should result in the ultimate punishment. Doesnt matter if it was a junkie who gunned down Apu at the Quik E Mart or this floppy haired white extremist who gunned down black people. Ole Sparky ought to be the end result for both.

It has to do with jurisdiction. Hate crimes are viewed as violations of Constitutionally protected civil rights and become federal cases. In this case, the Charleston police chief has elected to classify this as a hate crime and will thus be able to bring in FBI and other federal resources to the case.

^and i am guessing if she is clearly mentally ill, has felony charges, and advocates for the eradication of all gay people or mexicans, you will give that further thought.

Pretty much......except for the gay mexican part. Those guys creep me out......and I can't understand anything they are sayin'

Reactions: LordEgg
Right on time. He didn't take 5 minutes to turn this into his anti gun agenda just like he did with the 2012 school shooting.

Never mind how Chicago's gun laws and murders are like.

I mean, how long did it take you to go into the racism thing? The facts weren't in yet, and ultimately proved your point very wrong, but you went there immediately.

By the way, is he wrong? A troubled dude was given a gun for his birthday. This stuff doesn't happen anywhere else like it does here. If people still think we don't need to take a hard look at the way we do things, in all aspects, they're delusional and part of the problem.

We absolutely need to address mental health, including the stigma around it that breeds such social outcasting and rage, but it also can't be so easy for these "clearly crazy" people to walk around with a gun.

Right on time. He didn't take 5 minutes to turn this into his anti gun agenda just like he did with the 2012 school shooting.

Never mind how Chicago's gun laws and murders are like.

Or, the kid could've taken 5 minutes to do a Google search on how to make a bomb out of Drano and some nails. He could've leveled the building leaving no survivors without ever lifting a gun or being in the area. Evil finds a way.

Or, the kid could've taken 5 minutes to do a Google search on how to make a bomb out of Drano and some nails. He could've leveled the building leaving no survivors without ever lifting a gun or being in the area. Evil finds a way.

And yet, as easy as all these alternatives apparently are when you guys bring up this argument, damn near everybody just uses a gun.

Let's make evil actually find a way. They seem to have figured this one out.

Agreed......but after it gets pounded a few dozen times in prison......by a good number of black guys.

After about a year of his own rape room, take him out back and hit him in the head with a shovel repeatedly.

No fanfare, no publicity. Just, "here, Mr. Moron, let's let you out in the yard," and then BAM! Drop the bastard and commence to pummel. That's how he should die.

I mean, how long did it take you to go into the racism thing? The facts weren't in yet, and ultimately proved your point very wrong, but you went there immediately.

By the way, is he wrong? A troubled dude was given a gun for his birthday. This stuff doesn't happen anywhere else like it does here. If people still think we don't need to take a hard look at the way we do things, in all aspects, they're delusional and part of the problem.

We absolutely need to address mental health, including the stigma around it that breeds such social outcasting and rage, but it also can't be so easy for these "clearly crazy" people to walk around with a gun.

Every article mentioned last night mentioned "African American church" and was most certainly turned into a racial thing in the early stages.

Our mental health issues are a major problem too. I'm not sure of a real solution to any of this but I know listening to a politician with an anti gun stance is a joke especially when he hails from Chicago.

Aw yes. The obligatory "you're a racist for not agreeing with me" idiocy. Seriously piss off.

No one is trying to take away from the victims and this being a tragedy. I pointed out fairly on that the killer was an obvious stereotype. What I'm pointing out FAIRLY is the nonsense of "hate crime" only applying to one race and the fact that early on last night before any other details came out, the media latched on to the victims being black as opposed to Christians.

Hell yes this is a constant problem with the media and the narrative they want to show especially considering the past year with the crimes they like to focus on. This is a serious crime and I hope they kill this guy in prison but I know with the likes of Baltimore and Ferguson, there will be tons of people walking away with the notion that it is an epidemic of black people being targeted for their race and deliberately being done to divide us. They don't portray race as an issue unless some white psycho is at fault.

And by all means explain to me what is "racist" about what I said? I can't stand people like you. You throw that term around with such ease any time someone brings up a fair point.
What FAIR point? Has nothing to do with them being Christians. Hate crimes don't apply to just one race, but being the racist that you are, you only see it that way. I've seen enough of your posts to smell the bigotry from over here. Always crying about how white people have the short end of the stick, which is so laughable only a racist such as yourself would spout such nonsense. I'm guessing you live in this bubble where racism is some made up fantasy by the media. Donald Trump loves folks like you.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
Every article mentioned last night mentioned "African American church" and was most certainly turned into a racial thing in the early stages.

Our mental health issues are a major problem too. I'm not sure of a real solution to any of this but I know listening to a politician with an anti gun stance is a joke especially when he hails from Chicago.

Because it was a young white guy in an all-black church. That's logical deduction, not pushing an agenda.

And I don't think you can use Chicago to discredit Obama's stance on gun control. It's not like he's responsible for that city, or like there aren't a billion other factors beyond gun laws that make Chicago a war zone.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
Because it was a young white guy in an all-black church. That's logical deduction, not pushing an agenda.

And I don't think you can use Chicago to discredit Obama's stance on gun control. It's not like he's responsible for that city, or like there aren't a billion other factors beyond gun laws that make Chicago a war zone.

Then we need to be consistent. Because the media constantly omits race when it's the other way around. I've seen this time and time again. Race is mentioned when it's a white perp. When it's a black perp, it gets designated to just "man" or "teen." I saw this constantly after the Trayvon stuff and then last month with dozens of black teens nearly beat a 61 year old white man to death, race was not mentioned in most of the media.

It's constant manipulation.

Again, not taking away from this because race is obviously a factor but combined with the previous issues that have been mentioned, you get the point.

The media does manipulate views. Race is a hot topic. Especially in the wake of all the cop shootings. Of course, they are going to maximize the angles on this story to see more air-time.

What FAIR point? Has nothing to do with them being Christians. Hate crimes don't apply to just one race, but being the racist that you are, you only see it that way. I've seen enough of your posts to smell the bigotry from over here. Always crying about how white people have the short end of the stick, which is so laughable only a racist such as yourself would spout such nonsense. I'm guessing you live in this bubble where racism is some made up fantasy by the media. Donald Trump loves folks like you.

Cite these examples, you douchebag. Don't throw such a slanderous term around (which is total BS) with no regard when you have nothing to back it up. And by all means, please provide me an example of me saying something racist or saying white people get the short end of the stick.

Pointing out blatant hypocrisy is not racist, idiot. Having and reporting with ethics is not a "racist" suggestion.

If anyone has posted racial garbage it is you.

Let's just make sure the next time a black man commits a crime (or is alleged too) that we look into his mental health before calling him a "thug". Just saying.

I plan on buying my daughter a .22 when she gets older........but I will teach her how to use it properly......not make her a flaming nut-job.....and LOCK THAT SH!T UP where she can't get to it without my supervision.
Already have a pistol for my daughter and will start training her on it in 2 years. I told her at age 12 we will start her training. Plenty of guns in my house.

Good point. With the power he has as mayor of Chicago and Governor of Illinois, he should have addressed those first.
I guess I don't get your point. His lack of power in Connecticut and South Carolina hasn't stopped him from addressing what goes on there.

Or, he could be just playing politics with a tragedy. Again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT