ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking news. Some guy shoots up a church in Charleston, SC

GhostVol

All-SEC
Oct 25, 2007
Before CNN breaks it. Emmanuel AME Church was attacked tonite by a 20-something white guy. Maybe 1 fatality, but multiple wounded. Emmanuel is the oldest AME church in the South. Get ready for Hades being raised tomorrow, because the race pimps will be ALL OVER this. When the presser happens, I'll update you guys.

Coroner is on scene. The suspect is a 20-something white guy, slim build, wearing a hoodie, blue jeans, and Timberland boots. If you want to follow this in real time, our local stations are WCIV, WCSC, and WTAT. All of them have web sites. Here's the one I'm updating from:

http://www.live5news.com/

Terrible news. Last week a mall security guard shot and killed a 20 y/o girl that works in the children's museum at the mall. 3 days before she would have turned 21. Shot her in the back at the food court.

People have got to find better ways to solve their problems. Society also needs to do a better job identifying, helping, and dealing with people with mental health issues.

Idacat, I imagine Ghostvol is emotionally very raw right now as he lives in Charleston, and may even attend church there and know some of the victims. And to be honest, there is some unnecessary hateful things written in religious threads on here.

Their pastor was one of the dead. He was also a SC state legislator.

It just gets worse by the moment.

http://www.emanuelamechurch.org/

I truly hope the atheists who regale themselves putting down Christians enjoy this moment.

I'm an atheist, and think this is just a horrific ,horrible act. cant imagine an atheist or anyone else would approve of such an act

Before CNN breaks it. Emmanuel AME Church was attacked tonite by a 20-something white guy. Maybe 1 fatality, but multiple wounded. Emmanuel is the oldest AME church in the South. Get ready for Hades being raised tomorrow, because the race pimps will be ALL OVER this. When the presser happens, I'll update you guys.
Lord knows, the real tragedy is rednecks having to deal with coverage about racists killing dark people.

[eyeroll]

monstrous act, pretty sure this is going to be universally viewed as a white v black incident rather than atheist v christian. The pictures of folks standing in the street in prayer circles is haunting.

have to think this sicko has cased out this target before, he should be identified soon if not so already. hope he is taken down quickly without him causing another single injury to anyone else (except himself).

Can we hang loose for a minute before we label this a hate crime? White v Black or Atheist v Religion?

Maybe, just maybe, a guy who sits around for an hour in a prayer group before murdering nine people is just a psycho.

The picture they released looks like he is wearing one of those sets of glasses with the fake nose.

He didn't really look like a stereotypical "Billy Joe Redneck who hates black people". It's usually the older guys (30-50ish) that seem to do the race based crime. The younger guys are usually just crazy.

He didn't really look like a stereotypical "Billy Joe Redneck who hates black people". It's usually the older guys (30-50ish) that seem to do the race based crime. The younger guys are usually just crazy.
Difficult to imagine that it's just a coincidence that he ended up doing this at a predominantly black church.

It's possible that he was looking for any place to make a statement and these people were just incredibly unlucky to have been at the wrong place at the wrong time. However, if the quotes being attributed to the survivors turn out to be accurate, it seems like he certainly was targeting them due to their race.

I've never understood the whole notion of a "hate crime." If you intentionally kill someone, you must hate them.

And why is it automatically labeled a hate crime when the killer is white and victims black?

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Difficult to imagine that it's just a coincidence that he ended up doing this at a predominantly black church.

It's possible that he was looking for any place to make a statement and these people were just incredibly unlucky to have been at the wrong place at the wrong time. However, if the quotes being attributed to the survivors turn out to be accurate, it seems like he certainly was targeting them due to their race.

What have the survivors said?

I've never understood the whole notion of a "hate crime." If you intentionally kill someone, you must hate them.

And why is it automatically labeled a hate crime when the killer is white and victims black?
Name the circumstance where a black guy shot up 9 white people in a mass shooting and it wasn't labeled a hate crime?

I truly hope the atheists who regale themselves putting down Christians enjoy this moment.
Disappointed you went that route instead of gun rights or racism.

--------

Condolences to the families and friends. Absolutely awful.

Name the circumstance where a black guy shot up 9 white people in a mass shooting and it wasn't labeled a hate crime?

I'm not sure that's ever happened. Statistically, mass murders are much more likely to be carried out by white males, for whatever reason.

The quotes floating around have something to do with him saying something to effect of "you rape our women and are taking over our country...and you need to go".

Not sure I trust those to be correct either. But who knows at this point.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/church-gunman-reportedly-said-i-have-to-do-it-467402819802?hootPostID=d42d6d976475a7c120c9d570d6982923

If he said that, that is certainly evidence that it was a hate crime. Regardless, it's awful.

the black guy who shot up a ferry in New York 10 or 15 years ago comes to mind. details are hazy, but pretty sure all the vics were white but race or it being a hate crime was never discussed.

In the context of a terrible tragedy, I don't see the need for this type of back patting. Kind of a strange reaction, for sure.
Feel awful for Ghost and Charleston.

But it was strange and wrong. This was on other rivals boards two hours before Ghost broke it here. And their source was CNN.

I'm feelin g awful this morning. I posted some things I regret now last night. Yes I know quite a few members of Mother Emmanuel. In fact my ex BiL would have been one of the dead if he wasn't recovering from surgery. So yes this hit home hard. Pray for Charleston.

This is just a terrible, incomprehensible thing. I can't possibly understand what would lead a person to mass murder, but going after completely innocent people in schools and churches just feels even worse. I hope they catch this man soon, but there's nothing that's going to bring any real comfort to this community and these families...

The dudes haircut was a dead giveaway that something is not right with him. Dead giveaway

I'm feelin g awful this morning. I posted some things I regret now last night. Yes I know quite a few members of Mother Emmanuel. In fact my ex BiL would have been one of the dead if he wasn't recovering from surgery. So yes this hit home hard. Pray for Charleston.
My deep sympathies for you, and prayers for the victims, Ghost. As for anything you've posted that you regret, we've all been there in times of great stress. From the evidence of your posts on here over a long period of time you are a good guy. I hope this tragedy doesn't get worse.

ADVERTISEMENT