ADVERTISEMENT

A relatively small stipend is holding up Z's approval by NCAA

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012

A couple hundred dollars is holding up Big Z’s eligibility

On that note, Calipari addressed the 7-2 elephant in the room with Kentucky in Zvonimir Ivisic. Arriving back in October, the freshman forward has yet to hear a final answer on his eligibility from the NCAA now 14 games into the regular season, going on 15.

And now we know why, the most specific answer we’ve heard on his case up to this point.

“We have one we’re waiting on,” Coach Cal said of Z. “He made a stipend and you’re saying it was too much of a stipend? Juniors in high school and seniors in high school are making hundreds of thousands and you’re talking about his $200? A stipend $200 too much or $300, whatever it was? We’ve got to move with the times and what’s going on right now.”

200 a week stipend? If the season is 4 months then were talking about Enes Kanter type money iirc. Yea, the NCAA isn't even gonna take us to dinner first.

Reactions: jmw23712
200 a week stipend? If the season is 4 months then were talking about Enes Kanter type money iirc. Yea, the NCAA isn't even gonna take us to dinner first.
Kanters was around $26,000 and he never cashed the checks.. He kept them in case they made a big deal of it to give back and still fckd him over..

NCAA-Finger.gif

Just pay it back and get to play? I mean come on.
These idiots can't be for real. Seems like a huge disparity in treatment for Z given what HS players are making. Good grief.

How does he get this resolved if not by paying it back? I guess the answer is he won't get to play for us due this asinine situation.

Please tell me this no good worthless gutless agency is not letting the kid play over a couple hundred dollars stipends!!!

Whoever was assigned this review of Z at the NCAA is likely a grad of a school like IU, UL, KU, UNC, UCLA, Puke or Tennessee. Back when Emmert oversaw the Kanter comedy, we all knew that the cause was Emmert from Washington being pissed that Kanter reneged and chose UK. So he used his power in the NCAA to screw Kanter and UK as payback.

This situation, however, makes no sense. The NCAA has all but been nonexistent these last few years, but now they step up and hold back this kid from playing college ball for TWO HUNDRED BUCKS?!?!

Yes, the NCAA does suck and are hypocritical on so many levels.
And once again Calipari and or the UKAA has tried to spin this as an English test issue for months.
I understand keeping health issues from the fanbase.
I do not understand obfuscating and concealing about something like this from the beginning.
And some of you seem bewildered why many of us don't care for Cal anymore.
I grow tired of constantly being lied to about stuff there is no reason to lie about.
I guess in a few weeks we will find out it's a lot more than what they are stating now.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yes, the NCAA does suck and are hypocritical on so many levels.
And once again Calipari and or the UKAA has tried to spin this as an English test issue for months.
I understand keeping health issues from the fanbase.
I do not understand obfuscating and concealing about something like this from the beginning.
And some of you seem bewildered why many of us don't care for Cal anymore.
I grow tired of constantly being lied to about stuff there is no reason to lie about.
I guess in a few weeks we will find out it's a lot more than what they are stating now.
When did Cal say it was an English test?

The agenda with some of you all is hilarious.

If they have a legitimate problem with the stipend exceeding some limit, how about suspend him for 10 games? In other words, time served and let him play.

It’s pretty clear that the ones performing these jobs are horrible people.

So to get big Z eligible all they have to do is pay back $200.00 dollars ? Is this right ?

So a player from another country that try's to play for UK does not have the opportunity to make any money??? But kid's born in America can make whatever they can from anyone and be eligible to play in college!!!! Seems like the NCAA has a bias... That represents being a hypocrite and liars to anyone that has no brains to listen.... NCAA is trash and has been for 50 years..... Time for them to close shop and let the presidents from the schools come up with a new way to govern the sports team's, because they need to make a new way to steal money from parents and tax payer's to foot the bill's...
Now that the kid's have a say in how much money they can make the NCAA has no reason to exist.... I am tired of this sick organization taking advantage of these kids... Lock them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grow some balls presidents and do what is right for everyone involved...

GBB

How long did he receive this stipend. When you read the word "stipend" that doesn't usually mean a 1 time payment. A stipend usually means a certain amount of money for a certain length of time.

So, was it $200 a week? $200 a month? How long did the stipend last? Was it for just the length of his club team's season? Was it each month for the whole year?

Even then 2-3-4k is nothing compared to what a lot of these guys(and gals) get in handouts these days. It seems rather inconsequential with NIL being a thing.

Just make a damn ruling already. Half the season is over come halftime of the Cats game against Miss State(15.5/31 games).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT