ADVERTISEMENT

Can we do anything?

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Honest question is there a way for UK fans to contact the NCAA and just annoy them to the point that they have no choice but to decide on Big Z’s eligibility? It’s to the point now where I believe the NCAA is just holding out because it’s Kentucky, the NCAA is an absolute joke and they have cleared multiple players like Big Z this season.

Reactions: jmw23712
What not to do is go on social media and cuss them out, like some bad fans are probably doing.

Reactions: ganner918
I'm thinking they already MADE the decision, and UK has been appealing the process to the point that any ruling on an appeal would take valuable time away from the second semester without any guarantees for Z. Is UK willing to file suit? They may not have any grounds to do so.

I'm thinking they already MADE the decision, and UK has been appealing the process to the point that any ruling on an appeal would take valuable time away from the second semester without any guarantees for Z. Is UK willing to file suit? They may not have any grounds to do so.
I think they would’ve announced already if they ruled ineligible, but they haven’t said a word. Unless there’s something on Kentuckys end that is holding them back

Yeah, remember how well that worked with the UK admissions office to accept him without all the requirements?

giphy.gif

Stand outside the NCAA headquarters in downtown Indy and protest with signs. That would get national coverage, guaranteed. Sports media would eat it up.

Reactions: rivercatinfl
Stand outside the NCAA headquarters in downtown Indy and protest with signs. That would get national coverage, guaranteed. Sports media would eat it up.
Or someone make “Free Big Z” shirts and fans wear them at our next home game lol. That might get attention

Reactions: the stat man
I think they would’ve announced already if they ruled ineligible, but they haven’t said a word. Unless there’s something on Kentuckys end that is holding them back.

I think Kentucky has been appealing, which is why I think he was given an extension to continue practicing. Now that Z is making statements it seems they've run out of options.

I think Kentucky has been appealing, which is why I think he was given an extension to continue practicing. Now that Z is making statements it seems they've run out of options.
Then both parties need to say it, he's not eligible. And the NCAA needs to be clear on WHY. And if they cite amateurism......we will have our final answer on just how freaking clueless the NCAA is.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Then both parties need to say it, he's not eligible. And the NCAA needs to be clear on WHY. And if they cite amateurism......we will have our final answer on just how freaking clueless the NCAA is.

Oh, I agree with you. It does seem like the decision by the NCAA is a private one, between the university and them. And that UK, for various reasons we can all probably come to a conclusion to, chose to not address it with the media. But that Z is fed up with being the pawn and sees that he has nothing to lose at this point going public with it.

I just looked at the google earth view of the NCAA Headquarters.

Hans and his crew from Die Hard could take that place over and "get the codes" for Z's eligibility in about 20 minutes. Do you think Z knows any guys who are the Croatian equivalent to Hans' squad?

nationaloffice.jpg

diehard-grindr.gif

The thing is that none of us really knows the details. People are getting worked up when they have no idea whether the NCAA is actually doing the right thing in this case. Despite the fact that the NCAA is usually just awful.

It too Z an awful long time for UK to even let him on campus. Now he's leaving. Something seems odd about all that.

The University and the Athletic department either one doesn't seem overly upset so I don't think it was meant to be. Just another warm-up, layup line body to be pushed along to the NBA with UK beside his name. Kinda sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT