ADVERTISEMENT

Zuby Ejiofor

It's also made up. Oscar wants to be a Pro ball player. This isn't someone who was pushed out. He got his last 2 years as a Transfer and possibly another-but the player's goal is to be a Pro and after 4 yrs of CBB, the job of the HC is to help the player. I mean it's really simple, if he was pushed out, Kentucky wouldn't have any contact with him and his options would be Pro Ball or the Portal. Do I think both sides want Oscar to be a Pro? Yes-because that was the goal of the player and what was told to the staff prior to the year. If anything, it's actually sacrificing the program a bit to even operate with Oscar in mind now instead of just going out and filling the roster as well as possible.

Cal earns criticism in many ways. His loyalty to players isn't one of them. Personally think he's too loyal at times and this is one of them. But nobody will call Oscar's camp selfish for playing the "will he/won't he" game when the player hasn't changed his stance but the school doesn't want to rule him out until they definitely know.

If anything, I'm on record saying Oscar returning wouldn't be good for the '24 team or Oscar so I should be mad at Cal for letting Oscar's camp hold the program in wait and see mode.
Move on then,don't play the wait game.Hes had enough time to know in my opinion.He needs to shit or get off the pot.I like Oscar but he is what he is and NBA scouts already know his game.Come back for one more year or go G league or overseas.Thats his options really.

Why are we reaching out to this guy? We never recruited him in high school, he has done nothing at Kansas. Remind me why we want him?

Reactions: Catfan2226
Some people think Lance was worse than he really was. Now he wasn't great offensively but there were several times throughout the year that he came in the game and provided a level of toughness and defensive ability that gave us some momentum. He was very good on defensive rotations and wouldn't get moved around by anyone. Held his ground and also rebounded very well in the minutes he got. I for one hated to see him go and I think he will be a good piece for a team that needs toughness.
This. Plus there are approximately 210 bones in the human body but Lance Ware has 133 of them because he left a new one on the court with every game he played for us. Didn’t have the most talent or athleticism but milked what he did have for all it was worth. I’ll always be a fan of Ware for the same reasons I’ll always think Sharpe was a douchebag.

Last edited:
Pitino has some frontline depth now. St. John's might be a tournament team before it's all said and done.

G - Jenkins - Davis
G - Dingle - Alleyne
F - Taylor - Dunlap
F - Slazinski - Ejiofor
C - Soriano

All five starters are double digit scorers on the D1 level.

I bet Pitino's not done yet either. I'd love to see Ian Jackson reclass and switch his commitment to Pitino.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT