ADVERTISEMENT

Now that it looks like Reeves is gone what guards are left?

You cannot name any former player who has said anything like that except maybe Hopkins. Many of Cal's former players, who are dominating the NBA, have praised Cal over and over again. Hell, we wouldn't have the #1 recruiting class if the nonsense you claim was actually true. Stop trying to pretend that his former players hate him like you do. It's not true!
Well duhhh, why would NBA guys have anything negative to say about Cal? Those kids were given special treatment at UK and put in front of the program so they could get the best possible exposure.

The guys that didn't make it, or had to find their own path to the next level, surely have plenty to say, but they have nothing to gain by going public at that point.

You and Bass love to play ignorant and demand proof of things that are very obviously true, but you act like we personally know these players. You know that's the only way one would have proof.

Wenyen and Fletcher did have plenty to say though.

and you know it all to be calling others out

the problem is that this clown of a coach has waited until the high level transfers are gone.
he never should have waited. when the players said they were going to the nba, ccc should have told
them he was not holding their spot.
college basketball must now be run like a business. the players are being paid, so they are basically employees.
if you told your boss that you were going to another job, how many employers would hold that position until you decide if you like the new job? None that I know of. In fact, most wouldn't even let you work during the 2 week notice. They would tell you to get your things and go.
Maybe that’s exactly what he told them?

Cal knows what he’s doing.

He has over 800 wins. He’s taken every school he’s coached to the FF.

And now for your coaching resume?

Reactions: CatsFanIL
Gabriel is the only player you named who criticized Cal. He was an overrated player who had no business being named a Mcdonald's All-American. He didn't play as much as he wanted because other players were better. Juzang made it clear that he wanted to play near his family because of covid.
I would say that Gabriel was the only player who "openly" criticized Calipari.

And, of course, we can criticize players. But, if we criticize players, we must also criticize coaches...a two-way street. Plus, it's not an indictment on the coach to say some players don't like his coaching style. Reeves may very well be one of those players. Who knows?

This guy is still available…

WRYZ.gif

and you know it all to be calling others out

the problem is that this clown of a coach has waited until the high level transfers are gone.
he never should have waited. when the players said they were going to the nba, ccc should have told
them he was not holding their spot.
college basketball must now be run like a business. the players are being paid, so they are basically employees.
if you told your boss that you were going to another job, how many employers would hold that position until you decide if you like the new job? None that I know of. In fact, most wouldn't even let you work during the 2 week notice. They would tell you to get your things and go.
As Rockfly noted you know nothing.

I don't find it too difficult to believe that players do not like ccc. Who would want to play for a coach that does nothing but yell. He throws players under the buss during his radio show after the games, if/when he shows u p for them. There is no structure or offensive flow. No set plays to get shooters open shots. The UK name is no longer what it was. Why put up with all of the crap with no rewards. when you can play for a coach that may actually improve your game?
What kind of buss does he throw players under?

Guards? We’ve at least got some.

I’m more worried about big men.

We currently have two bigs on the roster. And one reportedly wants to play on the perimeter.

Cal needs to be focusing on getting some size to go with the talented guards/wings he has coming in.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Maybe that’s exactly what he told them?

Cal knows what he’s doing.

He has over 800 wins. He’s taken every school he’s coached to the FF.

And now for your coaching resume?
Some of ya'll are wild.

We're watching the entire program collapse before our eyes, and you continue to defend this nuclear disaster.

We don't run an offense: Cal can't score for them.

We don't have a team: Cal can't force them to commit.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if Dillingham, Wagner, Edwards, and Sheppard form the rotation at the 1-3 spots. Reeves leaving probably means more minutes for Shep.

Shoutout to the person who deleted my thread. I’ll say it again, Reeves, Oscar, and Livingston will all be back. The Reeves rumors are simply just rumors, just like the rumor Dillingham wouldn’t be eligible. Trust who you want…. But people will see soon enough.
I want to believe this badly. Just hard for me to picture a scenario in which Livingston returns to UK. Just doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards.

THIS! Seems like we are getting absolutely hammered with NIL.
Those two are way ahead of Kentucky now unfortunately and have coaches willing to play the game with transfer players and freshman and do whatever it takes to get them. Duke got all there roster stuff done early In the offseason and are loaded, Kansas is willing to work with these players and will not tell them up front we aren’t giving you money but you can earn it. Our warning sign should have been when Dickinson said it was risk going to Kentucky

I want to believe this badly. Just hard for me to picture a scenario in which Livingston returns to UK. Just doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards.
He doesn't fit, unless he wants to be a bench player. He's not taking Edwards' minutes and Cal is going to start Bradshaw and it won't matter if Bradshaw is better or not.

Ain't no way Chris is interested in coming off the bench. Not happening.

This isn't about team accomplishments, it's all about individual play and goals, which is why our record has been so bad the last few years.

David Jones from St. John’s now a name to monitor according to HOB. Seems like a very nice prospect.
“The 6-foot-6 wing struggled in his one season in Queens with consistency and shot selection, scoring 13.2 points a game on 39.2 percent shooting.” And 29% on 3’s.

Reactions: UK67KU59
T
Well duhhh, why would NBA guys have anything negative to say about Cal? Those kids were given special treatment at UK and put in front of the program so they could get the best possible exposure.

The guys that didn't make it, or had to find their own path to the next level, surely have plenty to say, but they have nothing to gain by going public at that point.

You and Bass love to play ignorant and demand proof of things that are very obviously true, but you act like we personally know these players. You know that's the only way one would have proof.

Wenyen and Fletcher did have plenty to say though.
Those NBA stars who you seem to resent, helped UK win one championship under Cal. They also helped UK get in anothet championship game and make it I believe to 4 Final Fours under Cal. Some of the pkayers you claim should resent Cal have failed after leaving and going to other programs. They simply were not good enough to play at UK. I believe only 1 of them has had any NBA success. All of them I'm sure wanted to play in the NBA.

I would say that Gabriel was the only player who "openly" criticized Calipari.

And, of course, we can criticize players. But, if we criticize players, we must also criticize coaches...a two-way street. Plus, it's not an indictment on the coach to say some players don't like his coaching style. Reeves may very well be one of those players. Who knows?
The players who may be disgruntled were not good enough to play at UK. The fact that almost none of them has even played 1 game in the NBA is an indication of that fact.

At no other school would a guy like Reeves not know at this point. He was either a come back to UK or transfer guy. He never had a shot at the nba draft.
Has he been to every other school to prove your point? Maybe he knows and just keeping it to himself. Maybe he and Cal both know and are enjoying watching the heads explode. Maybe he is waiting to see what someone is doing 10 transfers away, like house purchase contingencies. Maybe he is waiting for a nIL deal to be signed. Maybe maybe maybe. Bottom line is none of that is any of our business. We’ll know when we know.

T
Those NBA stars who you seem to resent, helped UK win one championship under Cal. They also helped UK get in anothet championship game and make it I believe to 4 Final Fours under Cal. Some of the pkayers you claim should resent Cal have failed after leaving and going to other programs. They simply were not good enough to play at UK. I believe only 1 of them has had any NBA success. All of them I'm sure wanted to play in the NBA.
They also contributed to the worst season in program history, worst NCAAT loss in program history, worst home loss and a God awful record against ranked teams.

Now, I'll ask you, what is the trend right now? Are we just now coming off a title, or are we in the middle of the worst stretch in UK history?

That title was 11 years ago, take a good hard look at where this program is right now.

They also contributed to the worst season in program history, worst NCAAT loss in program history, worst home loss and a God awful record against ranked teams.

Now, I'll ask you, what is the trend right now? Are we just now coming off a title, or are we in the middle of the worst stretch in UK history?

That title was 11 years ago, take a good hard look at where this program is right now.
The one-and-done players in that losing season were overrated. Some of those players also left high school a year early because they were eligible. Most blue blood programs had serious problems during that year.

Gabriel is the only player you named who criticized Cal. He was an overrated player who had no business being named a Mcdonald's All-American. He didn't play as much as he wanted because other players were better. Juzang made it clear that he wanted to play near his family because of covid.
Daniel Orton had some criticism.

The one-and-done players in that losing season were overrated. Some of those players also left high school a year early because they were eligible. Most blue blood programs had serious problems during that year.
Excuses excuses, that's all you Cal fans do.

At 9 million a year, Cal should be able to decipher between who is good and who is not. Cal had Askew reclass to come run pg… .at Kentucky. Then he followed that up with 2 years of Wheeler.

It's on Cal, no matter how you shake it. If he gets credit for Wall, AD, Townes, Randle, KAT and Fox, then he gets credit for the ones that sucked too.

You just want everyone to look at what Cal accomplished and ignore all the failures, well, that's your job, the rest of us (minus UKBBALL4life, Bass and KL) will talk about reality.

Shoutout to the person who deleted my thread. I’ll say it again, Reeves, Oscar, and Livingston will all be back. The Reeves rumors are simply just rumors, just like the rumor Dillingham wouldn’t be eligible. Trust who you want…. But people will see soon enough.
I for one sure as hell hope you're right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT