ADVERTISEMENT

Zona-UCLA

They have some guys that can ball. Allen, Trier, Risec,, those guys are good....UCLA will probably come back...

Last edited:
Zona up nine when I tuned in . Ucla goes ZONE and zona hasnt scored in 5-6 possessions . Great move by Alford . Lead cut to two

Arizona's defense is clearly better than UCLA, and that's basically the break down.

hahaha

Zona playing good defense in the last 6 minutes...taking over...Miller finally has a complete squad (without injury)

Arizona isn't making smart plays so. We'll see how this ends.

I mean, taking a floater with 17 seconds left and was already slowing the game down..not sure what was the point.

Zona still keeping them at a distance. If UCLA loses, I have to imagine they fall behind us if we take care of business tonight.. And then a win over Kansas should get us into the top3

Reactions: DanHalen88
i don't get it...

time is your friend. 2 possession with more than 15 second left in the clock. Both misses, and opponents score. 1:11 left...this would have been already 45... They would be fouling.

UCLA likely won't even be in the top 20 RPI after this game despite only having 2 losses. If they did not beat us they would be looking at 0 top 50 wins and probably a 5 seed right now.

An upset is "bruin"
UCLA has lived off that UK win for a couple months, it's time for them to go back down where they were.
We never should have lost that game, our guys learned a lot from that loss though.

UCLA losing to Zona puts Gonzaga in the drivers seat for a #1 seed as they've already beaten Zona.

UCLA losing to Zona puts Gonzaga in the drivers seat for a #1 seed as they've already beaten Zona.
Except Arizona was without Trier in that game so that will have to be factored in.

Right now I see Kentucky being the biggest mover because of the UCLA win despite our loss at home to them. I was waiting for that 2nd UCLA loss so we could vault them in the seed line rankings because they have no other top 50 RPI wins and have a really low RPI for teams in contention for #1 seeds. Their RPI dropped to 22 as of now after this loss.

Baylor plays Kansas twice and we play Kansas so that should eliminate 1 of those 2 teams from the #1 seed line.

Leaves us with Nova and Kentucky as the top 2 overall if we beat Kansas and Kansas/Baylor split assuming we don't lose again.

Why couldn't ucla have that bad shooting against the cats? Cats are everybody's superbowl. That's why.

Reactions: jrpross
We shouldn't have lost to UCLA. We played a bad game. Even with them hitting shots we had one of our poorer offensive performances of the season given the # of possessions in that game.

Reactions: Xception
We shouldn't have lost to UCLA. We played a bad game. Even with them hitting shots we had one of our poorer offensive performances of the season given the # of possessions in that game.
We played reckless , were better than them

Kobi Simmons had a good game. He could've been on this team, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

UCLA likely won't even be in the top 20 RPI after this game despite only having 2 losses. If they did not beat us they would be looking at 0 top 50 wins and probably a 5 seed right now.

The only reason they beat us, we were a bit cold, especially for us, at 44%, 5 under our average at that time, and they were hot, shouting 55%, about 5 over their average at that time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT