ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson enjoying Dook food

I hate his politics too, but he’s just following the crowd. It’s easy and safe in his circles.

I liked Lebron until he started jumping and failed to cement himself and bring guys to HIS steam. It’s deminished him greatly, and I actually hate that. He should have stayed in Miami and built his legacy. Now the note home is just a joke and he’s now jumped on the LA bandwagon in a Hail Mary attempt to salvage his legacy in some ways. Won’t matter in the end. The Jordan conversation is over and I think that’s what he was shooting for.
Winning in Cleveland did wayyyyy more for his legacy than staying in Miami though. He's going to LA for way more reasons than just to win basketball games. Lmao

Winning in Cleveland did wayyyyy more for his legacy than staying in Miami though. He's going to LA for way more reasons than just to win basketball games. Lmao

What’s the other reason? He’s on a team that’s second fiddle to end his career. This was a legacy play. He can’t win another title, the Jordan comparison is over. I think that had something to do with the LA move

“But I’m a Laker”

Reactions: ukfan041
Could see the Lakers signing Kawhi and Klay next summer. May not work out but if they can land those two they’re immediately a contender. If the can’t land Klay Deandre Jordan is another possibility.

What’s the other reason? He’s on a team that’s second fiddle to end his career. This was a legacy play. He can’t win another title, the Jordan comparison is over. I think that had something to do with the LA move

“But I’m a Laker”
The reasons are he wanted his kids to get the best education/sports training and he wants to produce and star in movies. You are crazy if you think he can't win another title or two before he retires

l3.gif

The reasons are he wanted his kids to get the best education/sports training and he wants to produce and star in movies. You are crazy if you think he can't win another title or two before he retires

Well sounds like he's making a career change. Lol. Maybe for the best.

No he won't win another title because LA isn't set up for it and GS is primed to win. LeBron isn't 28, he won't produce this way for much longer and GS owns that window. His title days are over. Better start acting.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
Well sounds like he's making a career change. Lol. Maybe for the best.

No he won't win another title because LA isn't set up for it and GS is primed to win. LeBron isn't 28, he won't produce this way for much longer and GS owns that window. His title days are over. Better start acting.
Um no... Golden State probably has a year or so left as the clear favorite and LeBron is going to get a couple big name free agents next summer. Golden will probably lose one of their big 4 with KD or Klay being the most likely to leave

LOL, at 35 and 36 he's gonna win titles? He ain't winning nothing this year. He was last seen taking 3 shots in the 2nd half of a closeout game in the Finals, he'll likely never win another title.

I hate his politics too, but he’s just following the crowd. It’s easy and safe in his circles.

I liked Lebron until he started jumping and failed to cement himself and bring guys to HIS steam. It’s deminished him greatly, and I actually hate that. He should have stayed in Miami and built his legacy. Now the note home is just a joke and he’s now jumped on the LA bandwagon in a Hail Mary attempt to salvage his legacy in some ways. Won’t matter in the end. The Jordan conversation is over and I think that’s what he was shooting for.

Idk, He’s absolutely still in the conversation of GOAT.
Lebron and Jordan are interchangeable imo

Not sure why some talk about his weight when he is built like a freaking Tank and is the most athletic player in college as well as in the top percentile of NBA athletes

Not sure why some talk about his weight when he is built like a freaking Tank and is the most athletic player in college as well as in the top percentile of NBA athletes
Being that thick is not really good for a basketball player, especially a wing

Last edited:
He isn't 6'7"
I was thinking the same thing. He reminds me of Charles Barkley in some ways. Chuck was known as "the round mound of rebound." Chuck was 280lbs at Auburn and got heavier during his NBA career. Chuck was 6-6 and I think Zion is about the same. The question is, can Zion play ball like Chuck did in his prime? If so, he will carry that 280lbs well. Some guys can carry that kind of weight and still play well but for most it becomes a detriment to a long career.

So this is just thinly veiled character assassination that portrays duke players as selfish ballhogs and uk players as egoless team first saints.
The one interesting thing was your comment that Reid Travs doesn’t need to seek stats when he has been a massive usage rate guy his entire career. You also say that Washington is capable of averaging 20 and 10 when he has never accomplished that in one single game.
This isn’t a sustainable conversation if we’re just going make things up and pretend those hopes are facts.
Is there not enough activity on the Duke boards? You are on a Kentucky forum disparaging our players. I have never met a Duke fan who wasn’t a wussy.

There is more to being athletic than simply jumping ability. Can he move laterally? Can he make cuts? Can he play hard for more than a few minute stretches? Can he run the floor in a fast paced game? Just to name a few. Leaping ability yes he is a freak athlete. How much higher could he jump if he had a sub 12% body fat? At some point conditioning matters..... at his weight he is probably 18-22% body fat, simply put he would benefit from eating better and conditioning. No arguing that regardless of how high he can jump.

Is there not enough activity on the Duke boards? You are on a Kentucky forum disparaging our players. I have never met a Duke fan who wasn’t a wussy.
Haven’t disparaged any uk players. Have actually complimented several of them and said many times that you guys will be good this year. There’s also more Duke threads/comments here than anywhere else.
You should meet more duke fans.

I’m sure Cal will make Zion Williamson defend on November 6. He should be easy to fatigue if he’s chasing an active player.

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
Calling Knox a 2 when he was really a 3 is a stretch. The 2 and 3 in Cals offense are very similar. Saying Zion will be LeBron is a rat faced lie. Zion's going to be a 4/5 with his big butt parked in the paint where it belongs. He's not going to be Dukes point forward with Jones and Barrett on the team. Such a huge lie that it's not even funny. It's sad.
Knox is a combo forward and was played that way and will continue to play that way. I don’t pay attention to what Cal says most of the time, but if that’s how he convinced Knox that was very clearly bs. Based on Zion’s skill set they should put him in playmaking situations. Will they? I don’t know.

There is more to being athletic than simply jumping ability. Can he move laterally? Can he make cuts? Can he play hard for more than a few minute stretches? Can he run the floor in a fast paced game? Just to name a few. Leaping ability yes he is a freak athlete. How much higher could he jump if he had a sub 12% body fat? At some point conditioning matters..... at his weight he is probably 18-22% body fat, simply put he would benefit from eating better and conditioning. No arguing that regardless of how high he can jump.
Additionally, carrying that much weight can break down your body, particularly your lower joints. Zion has already sat out a few times during the summer periods due to lower body injuries. That does not bode well for a player that relies on explosiveness.

Haven’t disparaged any uk players. Have actually complimented several of them and said many times that you guys will be good this year. There’s also more Duke threads/comments here than anywhere else.
You should meet more duke fans.
2 things I do not like dook and their fans.

Barrett has been working with Drew Hanlen since he signed. His release looks completely different and he’ll hit 35% from 3 no worries. He’s been lights out in the workouts thus far.
As for those 6’8 guys you’re talking about. Obviously Travis and Washington and neither guy has a prayer of staying front of Zion. Matchup problems work both ways.
It will really come down to how the game is officiated. If they let guys play defense with their hands, it evens that out quite a bit.

Is this a real post written for a real adult world or was this created to follow a parallel universe where logic is abandoned for the sake of fake bravado?

Your post is dumb, particularly the part about PJ and RT not being able to stay in front of Zion, and your presence on this board is appreciated. It takes a lot of courage, even in an anonymous internet world, to post outlandishly illogical things like your post indicates above.

Well done.

ADVERTISEMENT