ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson enjoying Dook food

And Duke told Zion he would be playing the 3. Lol.

Duke is going to plant him on the block and tell him to stay while Reddish and Barrett control the ball. Zion will live to regret his decision and I'm betting he and his family are the next disgruntled Dukies.

I think he will be good if not great PF. Obviously can jump, has long arms, some touch and his big ass will carve out space. once he throws up one too many bricks he will be parked in the paint and do fine.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
No he doesn't. He looks like he needs to lose at least 40 pounds. Turns out that's literally the amount he needs to lose.

Nah. Could probably lose a few pounds but I’m guessing he has pretty low body fat. Maybe needs to drop some muscle to get his weight down so it’s easier on his knees and feet. But people here acting like his got a beer belly or something lol.

What size sports bra will Nike furnish him? If they cant hook him up Kramerica Industries will be able to support him (pun intended)

giphy.gif

And Duke told Zion he would be playing the 3. Lol.

Duke is going to plant him on the block and tell him to stay while Reddish and Barrett control the ball. Zion will live to regret his decision and I'm betting he and his family are the next disgruntled Dukies.
It's amazing how dook lies to big men with regularity but still get 5* big man talent...

Stupid is as stupid does I guess...

Capel's duffel bags couldn't have hurt.

Nah. Could probably lose a few pounds but I’m guessing he has pretty low body fat. Maybe needs to drop some muscle to get his weight down so it’s easier on his knees and feet. But people here acting like his got a beer belly or something lol.

Impossible unless physics stop at duke...

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
LeBron James is 270 pounds with very low body fat. He doesn't look 270 at all. Zion very much looks 285. His body fat% is almost certainly above 20%. To be effective he needs to be around 235 to 240.

LeBron James is 270 pounds with very low body fat. He doesn't look 270 at all. Zion very much looks 285. His body fat% is almost certainly above 20%. To be effective he needs to be around 235 to 240.

I guarantee 100% his body fat is less than 20%.

Williamson will be an interesting test case, to a certain extent. There is somewhat of a history of very large, fat or fattish players with surprising to shocking athleticism making a splash. Charles Barkley being the ultimate example (and Chuckles weight at Auburn got as high as 300), Draymond Green being a good current one.

I think it's a fine line. There very much is an advantage to a player being thicker and stronger than almost everyone trying to guard him (just look at LeBron), but also obvious downsides to carrying that much weight. And a big question with Williamson is how hard he's going to find it to keep the weight reasonable. It's just natural for people to add weight as they age, and Williamson is already at a point where he can't afford to do that.

At 285, Zion is going to have a hard time staying in front of PJ or Reid Travis, in my estimation

Probably a little of all three. But why do you think it is higher. The dude doesn’t look anything resembling fat in any picture I have seen of him.
First 20% body fat or even a bit higher, does not make one "fat"... Most healthy, adult males are between 15% and 20%...Most elite athletes that are in good to great shape are usually around 9-13%...He is not an elite athlete, yet. He is not LBJ outa high school.

is this considered an extra benefit?

Duke Diet & Fitness Center at Duke University

A leader in the field of medical weight loss, the Duke Diet & Fitness Center offers an immersive experience: Patients attend day-long activities five days a week. Programs range from just five days to over four weeks in length; those lasting more than two weeks include a medical consultation, lab tests, fitness instruction, cooking classes, daily meals and behavioral therapy.

Cost: $4,925 for a two-week program, $6,600 for a three-week program and $7,585 for a four-week program. Patients who complete the four-week program may add additional weeks for $865 per week.

Reactions: Aike
First 20% body fat or even a bit higher, does not make one "fat"... Most healthy, adult males are between 15% and 20%...Most elite athletes that are in good to great shape are usually around 9-13%...He is not an elite athlete, yet. He is not LBJ outa high school.
Didn't Alexander have like 5% at the combine? I don't think most NBA players have 10% body fat.

I’m aware of all that. I would consider him an elite athlete or very close to one at this point. But I disagree and would say 20% body fat is usually unhealthy from my perspective. I would never let myself get to that point.

Didn't Alexander have like 5% at the combine? I don't think most NBA players have 10% body fat.
some sites said less than that...

one of the biggest ever was
Chris Marcus, a 7'1", 300-lb., 23.1% body fat...
so, Zion is probably over 20%

Dude is a Brickhouse, I've got no clue what fatness people are seeing. Huge? Oh yeah. Fat? Not seeing much of that.

ADVERTISEMENT