ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson enjoying Dook food

O’Connell and reddish are pukes only shot at a consistent 3 pt shooter. As for Zion, he’s built like a brick shithouse. Problem is he’s not a very good shooter, and is only 6’5. Wait till he faces a guy who’s 6’8-6’9 that is just as strong as him..
Barrett has been working with Drew Hanlen since he signed. His release looks completely different and he’ll hit 35% from 3 no worries. He’s been lights out in the workouts thus far.
As for those 6’8 guys you’re talking about. Obviously Travis and Washington and neither guy has a prayer of staying front of Zion. Matchup problems work both ways.
It will really come down to how the game is officiated. If they let guys play defense with their hands, it evens that out quite a bit.

Barrett has been working with Drew Hanlen since he signed. His release looks completely different and he’ll hit 35% from 3 no worries. He’s been lights out in the workouts thus far.
As for those 6’8 guys you’re talking about. Obviously Travis and Washington and neither guy has a prayer of staying front of Zion. Matchup problems work both ways.
It will really come down to how the game is officiated. If they let guys play defense with their hands, it evens that out quite a bit.

You don't really match up well with UK. You have stud power but an unbalanced roster. It's not easy winning with a bunch of wings e of whom want the ball. Kentucky has much more experience in understanding this process.

Our title with a bunch of oad's came with balance. We had a natural flow to our team. Duke is a long way from that.

If Duke wins the title it will be because they simply over powered others. Cam Reddish isn't going to dominate. Barrett will take a ton of shots and Zion is going to be pissed that K lied and stuck him on the block.

You have no big time knock down shooters. You have no impactful upperclassmen. You have no dominating big. You have 2 wings and a big who thinks he's a wing. Good luck.

You don't really match up well with UK. You have stud power but an unbalanced roster. It's not easy winning with a bunch of wings e of whom want the ball. Kentucky has much more experience in understanding this process.

Our title with a bunch of oad's came with balance. We had a natural flow to our team. Duke is a long way from that.

If Duke wins the title it will be because they simply over powered others. Cam Reddish isn't going to dominate. Barrett will take a ton of shots and Zion is going to be pissed that K lied and stuck him on the block.

You have no big time knock down shooters. You have no impactful upperclassmen. You have no dominating big. You have 2 wings and a big who thinks he's a wing. Good luck.

Zion told K he wants to play the 4 and 5 exclusively.

Spoiler alert....most guys look great in shooting drills with no D.
And speaking of officiating. Really can’t wait to see the finished product of R.J., cam and Zion, 3 of the best athletes puke has ever had, flopping all over the court.
Will be quite the site.

I've been watching the UK practice clips and I've yet to see a guy miss, so we're easily going shoot 100% come Nov 6.

Reactions: Blueaz
Gotta do what you gotta do. Even if it’s saying you’ll play Knox at the 2.

Calling Knox a 2 when he was really a 3 is a stretch. The 2 and 3 in Cals offense are very similar. Saying Zion will be LeBron is a rat faced lie. Zion's going to be a 4/5 with his big butt parked in the paint where it belongs. He's not going to be Dukes point forward with Jones and Barrett on the team. Such a huge lie that it's not even funny. It's sad.

Reactions: morgousky and Aike
Calling Knox a 2 when he was really a 3 is a stretch. The 2 and 3 in Cals offense are very similar. Saying Zion will be LeBron is a rat faced lie. Zion's going to be a 4/5 with his big butt parked in the paint where it belongs. He's not going to be Dukes point forward with Jones and Barrett on the team. Such a huge lie that it's not even funny. It's sad.

SAD!

You don't really match up well with UK. You have stud power but an unbalanced roster. It's not easy winning with a bunch of wings e of whom want the ball.
I actually agree with this and think the unbalanced roster applies to both. You guys have a bunch of 1s and college 5s but only one wing. Duke has all the wings but a frosh pg and two bigs that have shown flashes but are far from what anyone would call “proven”. It makes for a really interesting matchup.

The rest of your post is just guesswork and hoping. You say finding enough love for the wings is going to be a problem. I say having 3 pgs who were all recruited to run the show could prove interesting. And while Duke certainly would envy your bigs this year, duke had 3 bigs last year all with ceilings much higher than uk’s bigs this year and I’ll tell you, it was sweet but it also clogged the lane and created some serious issues on the defensive end as everyone has gone small ball. As a uk fan, I’d never mention lack of shooting again because that’s a big time losing position for you.

Anyway, it’s going to be fun and it’s even better that it’s game 1 when we won’t have any answers to any of this so literally anything could happen.
Good luck to you as well.

Spoiler alert....most guys look great in shooting drills with no D.
And speaking of officiating. Really can’t wait to see the finished product of R.J., cam and Zion, 3 of the best athletes puke has ever had, flopping all over the court.
Will be quite the site.
Sight.

I actually agree with this and think the unbalanced roster applies to both. You guys have a bunch of 1s and college 5s but only one wing. Duke has all the wings but a frosh pg and two bigs that have shown flashes but are far from what anyone would call “proven”. It makes for a really interesting matchup.

The rest of your post is just guesswork and hoping. You say finding enough love for the wings is going to be a problem. I say having 3 pgs who were all recruited to run the show could prove interesting. And while Duke certainly would envy your bigs this year, duke had 3 bigs last year all with ceilings much higher than uk’s bigs this year and I’ll tell you, it was sweet but it also clogged the lane and created some serious issues on the defensive end as everyone has gone small ball. As a uk fan, I’d never mention lack of shooting again because that’s a big time losing position for you.

Anyway, it’s going to be fun and it’s even better that it’s game 1 when we won’t have any answers to any of this so literally anything could happen.

We have a bunch of 4/5s. Herro isn’t a 1. We’ve played with 3 PGs on the floor together in recent memory (not that we will this year), and they played great. If we’d had decent bigs to go with them we would have been nasty.

I get your wishful thinking, but our roster isn’t imbalanced. Would be if Keldon Johnson got hurt, I suppose.

Reactions: Catzman

Yes and no. The problem with Dukes bigs last year is you had 2 big men who would be the star at any other university ALONG with having big name guards out front. Bagley and Carter both commanded a lot and Bagley got the bulk of it which is why Carters mom is so pissed to this day.

Travis and Washington are not like that at all. Both of them can play the 4 or 5 which they will, alongside each other. Neither of them is a guy needing to go for 20 and 10 on a given night, despite both of them being capable of doing so. Richards is a pure 5 and Montgomery is so versatile, he could go anywhere from a 5 to a 3 depending on how his skills translate to college and how Cal wants to use him. Last year, Duke had 4 collegiate 5s.

We have a ton of guards but in reality, because of how Cal runs the team, the 1-3 are all going to be doing a lot of the same job. Hagans, Quickley, Herro, Green, Baker and Johnson aren't fighting for 1 spot, they're all fighting for 3 spots. 6 players for 3 spots. That's 2 deep each, which isn't really a log jam. Herro and Johnson at the 3. Green and Baker at the 2. Qucikley and Hagans at the 1. None of the names mentioned are guys that need 20 shots per game which is why the 2012 team won the championship, Davis nor MKG or anyone else demanded all the touches.

Cal has a way of promising BEFORE they get to campus that minutes and shots are earned and are not carved out due to the number of stars by your name on Rivals to get you to commit. Again, K had issues spreading the wealth across ball hungry Bagley, Allen and the other highly touted freshmen. K's a great Xs and Os guy but quelling the self appointed hype and demands of freshman 5 star future superstars is not his strong suit. It's Cals, any why UK fans say he does more than just "roll the ball out". It takes a special kind of coaching style to get 5 or 6 studded freshman to want what's best for the team, not their own state line to impress NBA GMs.

We have a bunch of 4/5s. Herro isn’t a 1. We’ve played with 3 PGs on the floor together in recent memory (not that we will this year), and they played great. If we’d had decent bigs to go with them we would have been nasty.

I get your wishful thinking, but our roster isn’t imbalanced. Would be if Keldon Johnson got hurt, I suppose.

I like Herro as a junior. He also solves some of those shooting questions for you. I don’t know who he’s going to be able to guard.
Johnson is a player, no doubt. Even more amazing to land a player of that quality after missing on multiple wing targets. The problem in this match up is there is only one of him which guarantees two positive matchups.
I’m not expressing wishful thinking. I’ve literally said anything could happen and that we don’t know anything about team performance. However. The gaps in each roster are obvious and make for a very interesting match up

Yes and no. The problem with Dukes bigs last year is you had 2 big men who would be the star at any other university ALONG with having big name guards out front. Bagley and Carter both commanded a lot and Bagley got the bulk of it which is why Carters mom is so pissed to this day.

Travis and Washington are not like that at all. Both of them can play the 4 or 5 which they will, alongside each other. Neither of them is a guy needing to go for 20 and 10 on a given night, despite both of them being capable of doing so. Richards is a pure 5 and Montgomery is so versatile, he could go anywhere from a 5 to a 3 depending on how his skills translate to college and how Cal wants to use him. Last year, Duke had 4 collegiate 5s.

We have a ton of guards but in reality, because of how Cal runs the team, the 1-3 are all going to be doing a lot of the same job. Hagans, Quickley, Herro, Green, Baker and Johnson aren't fighting for 1 spot, they're all fighting for 3 spots. 6 players for 3 spots. That's 2 deep each, which isn't really a log jam. Herro and Johnson at the 3. Green and Baker at the 2. Qucikley and Hagans at the 1. None of the names mentioned are guys that need 20 shots per game which is why the 2012 team won the championship, Davis nor MKG or anyone else demanded all the touches.

Cal has a way of promising BEFORE they get to campus that minutes and shots are earned and are not carved out due to the number of stars by your name on Rivals to get you to commit. Again, K had issues spreading the wealth across ball hungry Bagley, Allen and the other highly touted freshmen. K's a great Xs and Os guy but quelling the self appointed hype and demands of freshman 5 star future superstars is not his strong suit. It's Cals, any why UK fans say he does more than just "roll the ball out". It takes a special kind of coaching style to get 5 or 6 studded freshman to want what's best for the team, not their own state line to impress NBA GMs.

So this is just thinly veiled character assassination that portrays duke players as selfish ballhogs and uk players as egoless team first saints.
The one interesting thing was your comment that Reid Travs doesn’t need to seek stats when he has been a massive usage rate guy his entire career. You also say that Washington is capable of averaging 20 and 10 when he has never accomplished that in one single game.
This isn’t a sustainable conversation if we’re just going make things up and pretend those hopes are facts.

I like Herro as a junior. He also solves some of those shooting questions for you. I don’t know who he’s going to be able to guard.
Johnson is a player, no doubt. Even more amazing to land a player of that quality after missing on multiple wing targets. The problem in this match up is there is only one of him which guarantees two positive matchups.
I’m not expressing wishful thinking. I’ve literally said anything could happen and that we don’t know anything about team performance. However. The gaps in each roster are obvious and make for a very interesting match up

We have no gaps in our roster, unless we have injuries. The ability to play two PGs at the same time is a strength, not a weakness.

As far as head to head, Keldon Johnson obviously guards RJ. Good matchup, but no one is disputing RJ’s talent.

Hagans probably checks Reddish. Advantage Reddish size-wise, but does he take advantage or settle for his Batman (I mean Robin) role?

Not really concerned about Zion, with the bodies we can throw at him.

Herro, who will probably be our 9th man, guards Baker or O’Connell, I guess?

Sorry you have such concerns for your roster balance that you feel the need to project onto us. Keep up the wishing, dreaming, hoping, and passive aggressive digs.

Last edited:

I can mention your lack of shooting THIS year because we have it and you don't. And Duke has lived and died by the three ball for over a decade. You've won some big games solely due to your being able yo hit from the floor when others couldn't. It's Dukes DNA.

Like I said, you've got two impactful players that both want the ball and one thinks he's a guard at 300 lbs. You've got guys on the bench who won't see the floor because the positions are clogged. You'll be thin on the bench and down low, no outside threats, and a coach who relied on offense and upperclassmen. K became a bit jealous at the fact that he's leaving and Cal has a decade to stack the NBA more than he already has. That's why K did this in the first place and I think his system worked, he's in uncharted territory now.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of this if I were a Duke fan personally. And Cal has stacked our roster exactly like I've been wanting. Balance, everywhere and every age.

Zion will be a good player at puke. I’m not convinced he will live up to all works like they expect considering he has to play d and be a consistent scoreer. He will have to work for his baskets, on top of that he has to stay out of foul trouble which is tough to do when away from puke. @Denim Vest @CatScratchBeiber i hope yall best the he’ll out of them.

Lmfao!!!!! Ones who are 6’4”, 6’5” are interchangeable at the wing or the 2. Hahahaha not to mention if we need to go small quade will get it done. Zion vs Travis hahahahaha zion gets shut down. The kid is fat. His body looks photoshopped. Cats have ballers from 6’ - 7’ with tons of versatility. We have the players to deal with any player on duke. Who from Puke is gonna deal with our fast guards who can shoot??? It’s gonna be zone by mid season for ratface. Honestly though ratface should be shut down for child abuse encouraging this ridiculous weight for zion. It’s not good for his long term health and if ratface gave a damn zw would be a 250-260 right now.

I didn't read all 4 pages, so pardon me if this was already posted:

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-t...s-zion-williamson-must-do-to-succeed-in-pros/

"“Heavy daily cardio or bouts of strict dieting will break his body down over time and make him more injury prone,” an NBA trainer said, keeping his name off the record. “The last thing he wants to do is play all year at a heavier weight and then crash downwards toward the NBA Combine and Summer League. This will set back his first two years, mentally and physically. This is always bad long-term, even though the pictures are pretty at the Combine.

This is funny. Zion "dropped an inch" and gained 50 pounds.

If you can't keep your weight in check when you're 18, a standout athlete, and have access to a national collegiate powerhouse's nutrition and health experts, dude will hit three bills by 25.

Reactions: Smashcat
Speaking of Duke and food, did anyone mention this dude will feast on Duke's home cooking? Like a Thanksgiving meal twice a week all season.
He won’t get more than two fouls playing at puke. Maybe 3 but that ref will be reprimanded for calling a 3rd foul on him. On the road, he won’t be able to bulldoze his way into baskets he will have to work for them. If they do indeed try to play him at center what’s that say about bolden lol. I hope they do. Travis would eat him up alive eith his quickness and his ability to drive past his defender. He definitely needs to lose 15-20 pounds to be efficient. They list him at 6’7 which we all know he’s no where near that. Away from home teams will go right at him causing him to get in foul trouble early and rely on bolden. It will bbe a thing of beauty watching duke lose to the likes of ncstate amongst other heavy weights in the acc this year, plus the team turmoil will be priceless

He won’t get more than two fouls playing at puke. Maybe 3 but that ref will be reprimanded for calling a 3rd foul on him. On the road, he won’t be able to bulldoze his way into baskets he will have to work for them. If they do indeed try to play him at center what’s that say about bolden lol. I hope they do. Travis would eat him up alive eith his quickness and his ability to drive past his defender. He definitely needs to lose 15-20 pounds to be efficient. They list him at 6’7 which we all know he’s no where near that. Away from home teams will go right at him causing him to get in foul trouble early and rely on bolden. It will bbe a thing of beauty watching duke lose to the likes of ncstate amongst other heavy weights in the acc this year, plus the team turmoil will be priceless
Don't understand all the duke fear you have lol. Duke is just us lots of unknowns. All our posters calling the kid fat, I have seen the kid in person he is not fat. If he is so fat,why did cal want him so bad.

Whether Zion is fat or not is pointless. He is way too thick as is right now for basketball. LeBron balooned up to 290 one year in Miami and he instantly lost a ton of weight that offseason. LeBron’s body now is perfect for basketball
lebron-spandex.png

I completely disagree with his politics but he still is and will always be my favorite basketball player

I hate his politics too, but he’s just following the crowd. It’s easy and safe in his circles.

I liked Lebron until he started jumping and failed to cement himself and bring guys to HIS steam. It’s deminished him greatly, and I actually hate that. He should have stayed in Miami and built his legacy. Now the note home is just a joke and he’s now jumped on the LA bandwagon in a Hail Mary attempt to salvage his legacy in some ways. Won’t matter in the end. The Jordan conversation is over and I think that’s what he was shooting for.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
ADVERTISEMENT