ADVERTISEMENT

Zimmerman to UNLV

The op should be ashamed of himself . I think I will post saying jaylen brown and Ingram to Unc as there are insiders on the UNC site who say it so is must be true lmao. If Zimmerman has a change of heart and switches to unlv we sure as crap ain't finding it out from a UCLA site . Just geez man.

dead.r191677.gif
Well that sucks if true but all you can do is wish the kid well..... but Jerry Tarkanian is not walking through that door...

This post was edited on 4/16 4:56 PM by dcw62

Originally posted by JasonSpear:

Originally posted by 3rex:

undoubtedly chose them because he was afraid of competition
WHAT COMPETITION?

There's not a single true 5 on UK's roster. Not one. He had 30 mpg lined up for him.
THIS.

We put 4 in the draft this year and got one in return so far. Blows my mind that we MAY miss out on everyone but Skal. Seems impossible the way Cal recruits.

Originally posted by ukbob:

Originally posted by JasonSpear:

Originally posted by 3rex:

undoubtedly chose them because he was afraid of competition
WHAT COMPETITION?

There's not a single true 5 on UK's roster. Not one. He had 30 mpg lined up for him.
THIS.

We put 4 in the draft this year and got one in return so far. Blows my mind that we MAY miss out on everyone but Skal. Seems impossible the way Cal recruits.
That's why something smells fishy. Cal has missed on guys in the past, but with so many open spots, it's just amazing how all these guys are passing over us.

So now we're taking announcements from UCLA's Scout board as fact?

C'mon people. Stop being so gullible.

DELETE this thread please. It has no basis. People just getting upset over a rumor. The guy will commit to UK. Just stop it already.

He may end up going to UNLV but the UCLA scout board knows as little as we do about it.

Stephen Zimmerman to @SNYtv via text: 'I'm close but still no decision.'

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz3XVbbzP3G

Not buying it! It's not being reported by anyone else! Sounds like that writer is throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks!

Originally posted by caneintally:
The op should be ashamed of himself . I think I will post saying jaylen brown and Ingram to Unc as there are insiders on the UNC site who say it so is must be true lmao. If Zimmerman has a change of heart and switches to unlv we sure as crap ain't finding it out from a UCLA site . Just geez man.
It is an article on collegespun.com

He's gone. He just wants his moment of suspense that people keep stealing from him.

Time to move on.

Originally posted by Bluegrass79:
DELETE this thread please. It has no basis. People just getting upset over a rumor. The guy will commit to UK. Just stop it already.
THIS X100. BOTH Z and Newman will be Cats but someone this moron OP thinks this should be a thread. Now if it was titled -UCLA MORONS LOL THEN IT WOULD BE THREAD WORTHY.

Settle down buddy. Passing along an article - no need to throw a temper tantrum. Maybe take a Xanax or something.

when they come out on twitter jibber jabbering about a recruiting analyst being wrong about where they claim they're going it's almost 100% that that's where they're going. that's the tell in this game. they just want to preserve their limelight.

Originally posted by CPaliafito:
Settle down buddy. Passing along an article - no need to throw a temper tantrum. Maybe take a Xanax or something.
passing the info is fine but your title is total bull crap . I so can't wait for Z and especially Newman to commit to UK so these things can be laughed at like they should be.....

First off I'm not inclined to believe the decision either way until he actually announces it. If it's UNLV then so be, I'll wish him the best, and have no need to say bad things about him or question it. It's his decision, not mine.

In terms of missing out. I have a few more thoughts. I believe the current class Cal already has signed is rated as one of, if not the best, but runs like he's had in recruiting don't last forever. Sooner or later for whatever reason he may start to fall off in the minds of some of the kids coming out of high school. Things do tend to change over time sometimes for reasons not clear or understood though one of them could be it's clear more and more coaches are warming to the idea of taking on OAD type player's. Kentucky and Duke have both won national titles now with them. As the number of schools and coaches willing to embrace them increases obviously so does the competition for them. Like many of us on this board have been saying we need to truly relish this 6 year run Cal has been on. I'm not saying it's over, it's only one year, and as noted it's an excellent class as it is. But losing 7 guys it would be nice to still pick up 1 or 2 more. We'll see.

Why are some still acting like he is still coming to UK? You would think with all seven of our guys declaring they would be committing asap but they aren't. Now all the sudden we are going after players we have never heard of. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. It's usually a duck. I will eat a big plate of crow if he commits. But all signs saying he is staying in Vegas

Originally posted by BoulderCat:

In terms of missing out. I have a few more thoughts. I believe the current class Cal already has signed is rated as one of, if not the best, but runs like he's had in recruiting don't last forever. Sooner or later for whatever reason he may start to fall off in the minds of some of the kids coming out of high school. Things do tend to change over time sometimes for reasons not clear or understood though one of them could be it's clear more and more coaches are warming to the idea of taking on OAD type player's. Kentucky and Duke have both won national titles now with them. As the number of schools and coaches willing to embrace them increases obviously so does the competition for them. Like many of us on this board have been saying we need to truly relish this 6 year run Cal has been on. I'm not saying it's over, it's only one year, and as noted it's an excellent class as it is. But losing 7 guys it would be nice to still pick up 1 or 2 more. We'll see.
I don't think the run's over. 2016 looks like it could be amazing. I just think it's really hard to recruit as many guys as we need given the exodus we just had.

If he would've pulled in last year's class with this team--two top 10 guys, two top 30 guys--then it wouldn't look that great with this coming team. But on last year's team it was perfect for what they returned.

This year he needed a grand slam. In 2011 he needed one as well. You need to essentially sign five guys, and you really need them all to be top-flight players to replace what we lost.

But that's a tall task even for Cal. If you look at this run going back to his last two or three Memphis years, the threshold seems to be about three stars and then he'll try to piecemeal the class with a couple of others to fill it out.

It's just really hard to land that many 5 stars. A ton of time has to be put in with them, and when Antigua left one of the major connections to these families was removed.

Originally posted by caneintally:

Originally posted by HeismanWildcat85:
He's gone. He just wants his moment of suspense that people keep stealing from him.

Time to move on.
There are alot of posts in this thread like MD said that are pretty funny like this one but i don't think the OP realizes it .
laugh.r191677.gif
I don't know why its comical. There has been more than one outlet that said this is what is happening and history usually tells us that the kid just wants his moment where he picks a hat. I don't think we're getting Zimmerman. It isn't the end of the world though.

Originally posted by Joneslab:

I don't think the run's over. 2016 looks like it could be amazing. I just think it's really hard to recruit as many guys as we need given the exodus we just had.

If he would've pulled in last year's class with this team--two top 10 guys, two top 30 guys--then it wouldn't look that great with this coming team. But on last year's team it was perfect for what they returned.

This year he needed a grand slam. In 2011 he needed one as well. You need to essentially sign five guys, and you really need them all to be top-flight players to replace what we lost.

But that's a tall task even for Cal. If you look at this run going back to his last two or three Memphis years, the threshold seems to be about three stars and then he'll try to piecemeal the class with a couple of others to fill it out.

It's just really hard to land that many 5 stars. A ton of time has to be put in with them, and when Antigua left one of the major connections to these families was removed.
all great points but we will add at least one more 5 star and most likely 2 . So talk of Cal's demise are greatly exaggerated to say the least. In a month this whole vibe on the board IMO right now is going to be the thing of funny stories and legend like so many other RR things in the past 15 years or so i have been on here...We are going to have the #1 class by a mile yet people act like the sky is falling . I guess we might not get Z or we might not get Brown or we might not get Ingram ect but we will get some of them . Cal is too good at what he does .

The phrase "toiling in obscurity" comes to mind. I, personally, won't be up at 1:00 AM to watch UNLV play Wyoming in what I'm sure is a real barn-burner in Laramie. Rashad Vaughn would be in the lottery if he played at a real school. Instead, he's looking at the second round, at least in the mock drafts I've seen. Oh well.

I don't have any skin in the game. Zimmerman is a better than average player. Not a player to build a team around. He is not worth all this attention. Not a Towns or Okafor,not even close.

I don't have any skin in the game. Zimmerman is a better than average player. Not a player to build a team around. He is not worth all this attention. Not a Towns or Okafor,not even close.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The last great white center we signed from out west was named Rob Lock. The over 50 crowd will remember how this worked out.

Originally posted by TNCatfanforever:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The last great white center we signed from out west was named Rob Lock. The over 50 crowd will remember how this worked out.
To be fair, we didn't know Towns would be the Towns that he is today. He was soft when he came in to say the least, and he managed to become a dominant low post player.
I've said it 1,000 times, and I'll say it again. Everybody needs to stop trying to determine how a kid's career will turn out before they ever step onto the court.

Towns always had huge upside. He was always good at all phases of the game. You cain't compare them at any stages of their development . Apples and raisins.

This post was edited on 4/16 8:48 PM by devilpuppet

LOL at everyone still not wanting to accept it and "wait for the kid to say it".

it's over, he's going to UNLV...we move on with Thorne.

Honestly guys, we have Skal, Lee, Poy, and Willis as frontcourt players...UNLV is wide open, I can certainly understand his decision.

Does anyone feel like these kids have gotten wind of something? Maybe some negative recruiting. Some rival coaches saying Cal will take the next NBA job offered to him?

For one year; I will take the widebody big from Charlotte, need some beef to support Skal, AP and Marcus. Hopefully Skal, Matthews, Briscoe and Ulis can score consistently

Originally posted by W_Heisenberg:
LOL at everyone still not wanting to accept it and "wait for the kid to say it".

it's over, he's going to UNLV...we move on with Thorne.

Honestly guys, we have Skal, Lee, Poy, and Willis as frontcourt players...UNLV is wide open, I can certainly understand his decision.
LMAO how is it over Big Z has said nothing . If this is over as i said earlier then Noel played for GU , The twins played for Maryland , Wall for Baylor , Randle for KU and on and on and on. This isn't directed at you Hiesenberg in particular but The stupidity on this board has reached and all time high and that is saying something . I promise you if we won the title 80% of these posts wouldn't be on here or at least i hope not as you never ever bet against Cal especially when he almost always gets his guy . If Z really goes to UNLV , which i don't beleive for a minute , i will be beyond shocked but if so so be it as there is no chance we strike out on Z , and Brown , And Maker and Newman and so forth . Just none as the past is an indicator of the future and the past shows one thing - Cal gets his man most of the time .

I guess my point is i don't mind someone saying so and so we will miss on but when you start saying we are going to miss on everyone this spring you have left reality and just are being a negative ass.

Why is everyone considering UNLV a "done deal"? Can someone name one RELIABLE source that's reported it?

First off I'm not inclined to believe the decision either way until he actually announces it. If it's UNLV then so be, I'll wish him the best, and have no need to say bad things about him or question it. It's his decision, not mine.

Yea no offense but this is just false when it all comes down to it. I see what you're trying to get at, but your basis to form the argument you are making is flawed.

For one, recruiting runs don't last forever, so that you are correct; however Calipari isn't the type of guy to just fall off of college basketball recruiting. He could miss on all these recruits, it be a fluke, and land the number one recruiting classes the next 6 years. There's absolutely no indication as of now that anything remotely similar to your scenario is working its way through.

Second, have you not followed recruiting in the last 5-10 years? I'm not trying to be an ass, but every single coach in America has tried to land OAD players, save Boob Ryan, but most cannot get them. Coach K has been Landing OAD players for 4 years now, and he's tried to load his roster with them more than a few times. Coach Self has had the number 1 and number 3 OAD picks in the same draft. So this isn't something where coaches are perking up proclaiming the need for the services of the OAD for the first time. Most have been trying for years. That in itself just destroys the theory.

I don't think Cals going to miss on many, and I think it's rare that they aren't piling up to get in. But not all classes are created equal, and these kids and their handlers are fickle people nowadays. You cannot predict the subculture of recruiting in todays game.

This post was edited on 4/16 9:47 PM by .S&C.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT