ADVERTISEMENT

Zimmerman to UNLV

It would be nice to get Zimmerman,a player that might stick around a few years. Skal and a Brisco are already projected first round in 2016.

This reminds me of the Damion Harris footall recruitment. Damion played everyone the last 2 weeks although he already knew.

All signs point to UNLV...I think the kid has cold feet worrying he will get lost in the crowd at UK. I'm sure UNLV coaching staff is feeding him this bull. I'm sure there giVing him the town hero garb that never happens...& how he'll be in the spotlight bease of bring "the guy"...etc.

Originally posted by madskilz:
It would be nice to get Zimmerman,a player that might stick around a few years. Skal and a Brisco are already projected first round in 2016.If Big Zimmerman come to Kentucky just bet it will only be one season

Originally posted by TNCatfanforever:
I don't have any skin in the game. Zimmerman is a better than average player. Not a player to build a team around. He is not worth all this attention. Not a Towns or Okafor,not even close.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The last great white center we signed from out west was named Rob Lock. The over 50 crowd will remember how this worked out.
Solid player as a senior, a la Harrellson.

Originally posted by gracetoyou:
This reminds me of the Damion Harris footall recruitment. Damion played everyone the last 2 weeks although he already knew.

All signs point to UNLV...I think the kid has cold feet worrying he will get lost in the crowd at UK. I'm sure UNLV coaching staff is feeding him this bull. I'm sure there giVing him the town hero garb that never happens...& how he'll be in the spotlight bease of bring "the guy"...etc.
Not sure its comparable, Harris, a Kentucky boy, came to everything free both basketball and football that he could and then signed with Bama. With Zimmerman we are the other team, his home school is UNLV, why wouldn't they full court press him into staying home. He hasn't taken us for a nickle and I don't believe he BSed us at all, I think he and his mother likes UK very very much. But if the kid wants to stay home I can understand that.

Originally posted by lwbb:
It would be nice to get Zimmerman,a player that might stick around a few years. Skal and a Brisco are already projected first round in 2016.If Big Zimmerman come to Kentucky just bet it will only be one season
If he does leave after one year it won't be in the first round.

Fans said the same of Devin Booker and look he is gone and in the first round

Booker has an NBA ready body Zimmerman has a lot of work to do.

Don't get the hype with this kid. IMO were better off with someone else, either in this class than next. Otherwise we'll have this kid tying up a scholarship for at least 2 years.

Jmo

I don't have an idea but its easy to see that you don't have a clue either about whether he is first round or not. Just because he hasn't signed with us and may not doesn't stop the fact that the kid is a PLAYER. By denying that you show little ability to evaluate high school talent and a little butt hurt. .

Speaking of Lock. Shouldn't his son be 7 ft. By now, and being recruited? With Rob's size, and Valerie's skills, he should be ready to sign.

Originally posted by gracetoyou:

This whole home town crap in Vegas is comedy. For anyone that's spent any time in Vegas NOT gambling (the best man at my wedding and friend for 25 years lived there for 12 years and is a UNLV grad), most locals know UNLV sports exist, and many follow to some extent, but kids there aren't glorified out on the town like they are at places like UK. It's Vegas - there are 1000 other celebrities roaming around any given minute. People go to the games and fans may know the kids' names, but that's about where the "hero" ends.

If he chooses UNLV, which sounds all but likely, he will probably fade off into obscurity and be there for a few years, and then run off to the draft, get picked late in the 2nd round, play a year or two in the D-league, and then end up in Asia or Europe.

Pick UK, and regardless of whether he's a beast on the court, he'll still be a hero around town. I'm sure even our walk-ons get the royal treatment from fans out and about in Lexington. And, if he dedicates himself to working on his game and listening to the coaches, he could very well play his way into the first round after a couple of years. Just the exposure alone will at least get him more looks from scouts in UK practices than he'd get all year at UNLV.

But then again, some kids aren't ready to leave home. If he wants to stay, we'll have to respect that decision, even if it's probably not the best for overall NBA development.

Originally posted by devilpuppet:

Booker has an NBA ready body Zimmerman has a lot of work to do.
eek.r191677.gif
76.75'' @ 194

This post was edited on 4/16 11:22 PM by BobbyG_tickle_swerv

If he wants to be the next anthony Bennett at unlv, more power to him. All I would like to know is what changed that made him decide he wanted to stay in Vegas? For months he was a heavy UK lean and out of nowhere he dreams of playing for the rebels. My question would be for these possible OAD guys who chose to stay and play at their home school. If they have dreams of playing in the nba do they not realize chances are they will have to relocate to states that could be 3000 miles from home? I understand 3 and 4 year guys but if Zimmerman wants to play in the league it won't be for a team in Vegas. Hopefully he gets drafted to a team 4,000 miles from Nevada. I've never understood OAD guys wanting to play their one year at home.

Originally posted by Wall2Boogie:
If he wants to be the next anthony Bennett at unlv, more power to him. All I would like to know is what changed that made him decide he wanted to stay in Vegas? For months he was a heavy UK lean and out of nowhere he dreams of playing for the rebels. My question would be for these possible OAD guys who chose to stay and play at their home school. If they have dreams of playing in the nba do they not realize chances are they will have to relocate to states that could be 3000 miles from home? I understand 3 and 4 year guys but if Zimmerman wants to play in the league it won't be for a team in Vegas. Hopefully he gets drafted to a team 4,000 miles from Nevada. I've never understood OAD guys wanting to play their one year at home.
Cold feet? Maybe watching all of the attention - negative and positive - even our best players received from both the TV and the internet makes kids think twice when it's time to make that decision. Just like Cal says - UK isn't for everyone, and he means the pressure and overly-analytic criticism from fans and the media (mainly fans, we can be harsh).

Originally posted by caneintally:

Originally posted by Bluegrass79:
DELETE this thread please. It has no basis. People just getting upset over a rumor. The guy will commit to UK. Just stop it already.
THIS X100. BOTH Z and Newman will be Cats but someone this moron OP thinks this should be a thread. Now if it was titled -UCLA MORONS LOL THEN IT WOULD BE THREAD WORTHY.
You two really need to get help for your meth problems.

Originally posted by HeismanWildcat85:
He's gone. He just wants his moment of suspense that people keep stealing from him.

Time to move on.
There are alot of posts in this thread like MD said that are pretty funny like this one but i don't think the OP realizes it .
laugh.r191677.gif
Are you going to come back here and eat crow? I'm glad you got a big laugh and refused to accept the obvious. News flash for future reference. Before you call someone out and make a fool of yourself, realize that if multiple sources have reported a player is going to a specific school at the same time realize that the kid is going to that school and just wants the attention to reveal it himself, okay?

This recruitment was obviously over a week ago.

Zimmerman would have been a 10 ppg, 5 rpg average here at UK for his frosh season I believe, so if Cal can get Thorne in here and he can do the same, then we should be fine.

Originally posted by Bluegrass79:
DELETE this thread please. It has no basis. People just getting upset over a rumor. The guy will commit to UK. Just stop it already.
THIS X100. BOTH Z and Newman will be Cats but someone this moron OP thinks this should be a thread. Now if it was titled -UCLA MORONS LOL THEN IT WOULD BE THREAD WORTHY.
[/QUOTE]What a bunch of idiots

This post was edited on 4/17 8:40 AM by Dinai

Originally posted by CPaliafito:
Settle down buddy. Passing along an article - no need to throw a temper tantrum. Maybe take a Xanax or something.
passing the info is fine but your title is total bull crap . I so can't wait for Z and especially Newman to commit to UK so these things can be laughed at like they should be.....
What happened????

I don't have an idea but its easy to see that you don't have a clue either about whether he is first round or not. Just because he hasn't signed with us and may not doesn't stop the fact that the kid is a PLAYER. By denying that you show little ability to evaluate high school talent and a little butt hurt. .
I don't get butt hurt pal. Zimmerman to Vegas. Not a big loss to me. Bet you're butt hurt though

I'm not saying this to be mean, but anyone who chooses UNLV over Kentucky in basketball is likely a one-and done, as in semester, as they are probably too stupid to go to college anyway.

I'm confused. I keep reading on this board that Calipari gets every player he wants.

Is that not true?

ADVERTISEMENT