ADVERTISEMENT

Zagoria Tweet

R.bbf4c1e23d65683c7205324178fd75ea

He’s a UConn guy that’s trying to spread misinformation. Hurley may ultimately say no, but it’s clear he hasn’t yet.

Oats didn’t say no. UK didn’t want to pay his buyout and moved on. The “it’s getting embarrassing” is all spin by a guy that’s invested in the outcome

Zagoria is a NYC/NJ guy who isn't pro anything-he also doesn't know much you or I don't know by signing onto a board.

That said-I agree with him on Hurley and have since job opened up.

Reactions: Fox2monk and catben
I never could figure why he'd leave the top of the mountain at UConn to come to UK other than money.

He’s a UConn guy that’s trying to spread misinformation. Hurley may ultimately say no, but it’s clear he hasn’t yet.

Oats didn’t say no. UK didn’t want to pay his buyout and moved on. The “it’s getting embarrassing” is all spin by a guy that’s invested in the outcome

I do find it a little odd we were about go to for a 100mil deal, but we balked at an 18mil buyout. Maybe Mitch rethinks his stance on that now.

But I get the sense Nate Oats was sort of "fine where he is", and Mitch didn't need to even explore the buyout numbers, and moved on. Nate Oats gave us a soft "no".

I do find it a little odd we were about go to for a 100mil deal, but we balked at an 18mil buyout. Maybe Mitch rethinks his stance on that now.

But I get the sense Nate Oats was sort of "fine where he is", and Mitch didn't need to even explore the buyout numbers, and moved on. Nate Oats gave us a soft "no".
There is more to it than that. He has stuff in his personal life that keeps him from leaving Alabama at this time.

Reactions: Fox2monk
There is more to it than that. He has stuff in his personal life that keeps him from leaving Alabama at this time.

That's kind of what "fine where he is" entails. Nate Oats has his family there, he just won a Final 4, I guess he's going through a divorce(?).

Still, it sounds like he told us no. And Mitch just took him for his word. Some will say "Well he didn't really turn us down!" and those are the same ones who think all the chicks are looking at them when they go out in public.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT