ADVERTISEMENT

Zagoria: “in negotiations”

Probably no chance of it, but what if Zagoria is just helping blow smoke to give Hurley a chance to get people off his back while he meets with UK?

Reactions: ha21
I think he's staying at Baylor. The mother in law doesn't want to come and she lives with them. Plus he's building a new house in Waco.

Reactions: wardlow
So we hire a guy because of one season out of 21? No other final fours. Many are forcing themselves and pushing this narrative that he’s a slam dunk hire. He’s not!

You are foolish just like our AD.
Don’t look at 21 years. Coaches either get better or worse. Take the last 4-5 years. That’ll give you a better idea of how good a coach is. And Drew absolutely trumps Calipari

So we hire a guy because of one season out of 21? No other final fours. Many are forcing themselves and pushing this narrative that he’s a slam dunk hire. He’s not!

You are foolish just like our AD.
Repeat after me...AT BAYLOR!!! He did that at Baylor. The same Baylor that had a grand total of 4 NCAA tournament appearances before he got there. The same Baylor that was arguably the worst coaching job in the country when he took over. The same Baylor who was facing the death penalty because one teammate murdered another and the coach tried to cover it up.

The only one foolish here is you.

If Mitch hires Drew because he’s the first one to yes without offering Donovan or Hurley, he’s sabotaging this program intentionally.

You're crazy if you think those two lines of communication didn't occur. I'm sure they just passed on it

Don’t look at 21 years. Coaches either get better or worse. Take the last 4-5 years. That’ll give you a better idea of how good a coach is. And Drew absolutely trumps Calipari
Ok so one title and four second round exits. I don’t care about Calipari. His results lately are not our standard. He’s gone.

I think he's staying at Baylor. The mother in law doesn't want to come and she lives with them. Plus he's building a new house in Waco.

If he turns the job down too, it's panic time with whats left after the third or fourth best choice turns it down. then it's chris beard and shaka smart territory

Repeat after me...AT BAYLOR!!! He did that at Baylor. The same Baylor that had a grand total of 4 NCAA tournament appearances before he got there. The same Baylor that was arguably the worst coaching job in the country when he took over. The same Baylor who was facing the death penalty because one teammate murdered another and the coach tried to cover it up.

The only one foolish here is you.
Repeat after me… I DONT CARE. 21 years is long enough to start winning anywhere if you’re gonna do it.

If he’s so great why hasn’t anybody else snatched him? Keep on trying to justify this hire. You’re a fool also.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
The guy is obviously a great recruiter and won a national championship at a non basketball school. I'm still trying to find a major negative.

Reactions: KFuqua
Repeat after me… I DONT CARE. 21 years is long enough to start winning anywhere if you’re gonna do it.

If he’s so great why hasn’t anybody else snatched him? Keep on trying to justify this hire. You’re a fool also.
Guess what...He did start winning in those 21 years. In fact, he started winning as soon as Baylor was no longer under NCAA sanctions. Other than a select few coaches, he has won as many championships as the blue blood programs in that same time frame.

Look at these numbers. This past season isn't included but one season doesn't change these numbers much.

In the last 5 seasons, Baylor is #1 in the entire country, with a record of 108-24 (.818).

As an underdog, AGAIN, Baylor is good for #1 in the country with a win percentage of 60%.

In the NCAA Tournament, Baylor is 8-2 (.800). AGAIN, that’s good for #1 in the entire country.

Baylor is tied for #1 with a National Championship.

Against RANKED Opponents, Baylor is #1 AGAIN, at 29-10 (.743). NOBODY else is even CLOSE to that.

Baylor has a conference record of 54-18 (.750). That’s #2 in the country.

At home, Baylor is 57-6 (.905)… #3 in the country.

Scott Drew accounts for 73% (11/15) of Baylor’s NCAA Tournament Appearances, 100% of their Sweet 16s, Elite 8s, Final 4s and National Championships in the expanded field.

He’s responsible for 68% (15/22) of their NCAA Tournament wins All-Time.

Louisville tried to hire him just a couple weeks ago. He has been offered multiple other jobs but has always stayed at Baylor for whatever reason. You keep proving you don't know what you are talking about.

So Drew has turned it down now also. Thats the top 4-5 candidates passing on the job. Who now, Chris Beard? Shaka Smart?

Guess what...He did start winning in those 21 years. In fact, he started winning as soon as Baylor was no longer under NCAA sanctions. Other than a select few coaches, he has won as many championships as the blue blood programs in that same time frame.

Look at these numbers. This past season isn't included but one season doesn't change these numbers much.

In the last 5 seasons, Baylor is #1 in the entire country, with a record of 108-24 (.818).

As an underdog, AGAIN, Baylor is good for #1 in the country with a win percentage of 60%.

In the NCAA Tournament, Baylor is 8-2 (.800). AGAIN, that’s good for #1 in the entire country.

Against RANKED Opponents, Baylor is #1 AGAIN, at 29-10 (.743). NOBODY else is even CLOSE to that.

Scott Drew accounts for 73% (11/15) of Baylor’s NCAA Tournament Appearances, 100% of their Sweet 16s, Elite 8s, Final 4s and National Championships in the expanded field.

Louisville tried to hire him just a couple weeks ago. He has been offered multiple other jobs but has always stayed at Baylor for whatever reason. You keep proving you don't know what you are talking about.
You are a LIAR! Literally your very first number is wrong! He has lost 35 games in the last five years! I’ll answer the rest of the rest of your ignorant/deceiving post when I have time.

OIP.FFz7o2D9B9TVJPJVN1ql7gHaFj

There was a lot of buzz months ago that getting him away from the private Christian university would be hard bc he really enjoys that side of the job there.

Add to it that it’s hard to leave something you built from the ground up for 2 decades (same as Jay Wright at Nova)

And then when it came out that his wife was the kind to want anonymity and the ability to live a semi private life and kids at Baylor etc…. That’s when I started to doubt if he’d come. Those types w deep convictions often don’t care about the additional 3 million a year or more. They already have more than they’ll ever spend.

It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. I think Drew was interested bc Mitch and bc the prestige of “it’s Kentucky, I made it to the pinnacle” but ultimately family and happiness will make the decision and our intensity doesn’t seem like a fit for his family

Baylor isn't tied anymore for titles. Uconn has 2.

You are a LIAR! Literally your very first number is wrong! He has lost 35 games in the last five years! I’ll answer the rest of the rest of your ignorant/deceiving post when I have time.
I made a mistake on that and explicitly said didn’t include this past season. Those wins/losses were for the 4 years prior to this past year. Not 5. Even so, the numbers show he has won ridiculously well at Baylor when you said he hasn’t. That was the entire point. Pick apart the numbers if you feel you need to, but overall Drew has proven he can win. You lie about that. You are a liar.

I made a mistake on that and explicitly said didn’t include this past season. Those wins/losses were for the 4 years prior to this past year. Not 5. Even so, the numbers show he has won ridiculously well at Baylor when you said he hasn’t. That was the entire point. Pick apart the numbers if you feel you need to, but overall Drew has proven he can win. You lie about that. You are a liar.
LOL so we’re not allowed to include the most recent season? Can’t make this up. You’re one of those who prefer a soft lie over the hard truth. You got caught spewing lies. Hopefully others will believe your BS cause I don’t. I will let you continue on.

LOL so we’re not allowed to include the most recent season? Can’t make this up. You’re one of those who prefer a soft lie over the hard truth. You got caught spewing lies. Hopefully others will believe your BS cause I don’t. I will let you continue on.
I didn’t say you couldn’t include. Include it if you want. Baylor did better in March than UK did. You want the hard truth. That truth is Scott Drew is one of the best coaches in the country and he will kill it here if he takes the job. The hard truth is you don’t know your ass from a hole in the ground let alone what a good basketball coach is. I’m sure the team 60 miles west would love to have you as a fan. I’m not sure you aren’t already. That’s the hard truth and that’s not BS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT