ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey

Didn’t we already know this? He’s a graduating senior who’s played four years and will soon have two straight NPOY awards.

Seemed quite obvious he wouldn’t be needing that Covid bonus season.

Didn’t we already know this? He’s a graduating senior who’s played four years and will soon have two straight NPOY awards.

Seemed quite obvious he wouldn’t be needing that Covid bonus season.

Needing it and taking it are two different things.

Reactions: Cats192
Almost feels like Painter (and maybe Edey's camp) got this out in the opening as a way to pull a "retirement circuit" a la Jeter or Coach K.

Like "this is his last year, we all better appreciate what he's doing! Maybe push him along to a Final4, just saying!"
Yeah.

Most people put this stuff off until after the season. Not sure what the benefit to announcing it now is unless they're hoping for something like that.

It's clear that nobody in college can stop him, it would be a complete waste of his time to come back.

I would think that's the reason you DO come back. You have something that works extremely well in college, that likely won't work in the NBA? I'd use it as much as you can, make some NIL money.

The funny think about Edey's draft stock.. it ain't gonna get much lower. The NBA knows what he is and what he isn't. There's really nothing he can do at this point, one more year in college isn't going to ruin his NBA career.

He's Yao Ming? Gtfoh Fran F. Edey hasn't done shit in the NBA. Yao Ming was a legit(except maybe his 1st year) all-star every season. 2nd or 3rd team all league in 5 seasons.

If you want to say he projects to be like Yao, ok. Maybe. Is he him now, though. Not even close.

Reactions: RunninRichie
The funny think about Edey's draft stock.. it ain't gonna get much lower.
It certainly is if he gets significantly injured. Which is very much a distinct possibility for a 7”4” 300 lb plus body. Players his size and weight tend to have short shelf lives before the bones in their feet and knees start breaking.

If anything, he’s been pushing his luck by waiting this long. He’s already had a full four year career, already proven everything he needs to prove, no need to come back for a fifth year just to do the same thing once more.

go rewatch a Purdue game and strictly focus on him on offense every trip....there are possessions where he is literally in the paint for 8-10 seconds. Of course no one can stop him
I read an article about how the NCAA men’s game has a unique approach from other basketball leagues, including NCAA women, regarding resetting the 3 second count. It seemed like a gimmick. I cannot find it again. It was written particularly focusing on Zach Edey resetting the 3 second count.

Any true post player in college bball parks in the lane. Just not a lot of true post players anymore. Go watch Oscar from last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT