ADVERTISEMENT

YTD Statistics

I love DJ and he is invaluable to this team… but there is no universe in which he should have almost 30 more field goal attempts than Reed Sheppard. Reed has 4 more makes on 28 fewer attempts (58% to 40%). I think DJ should probably look to pass a little more.

So basically SIX guys in double figures while #7 and #8 are none other that Aaron Bradshaw and Adou Thiero?

Dayum.
That’s what has me optimistic.

Just really hard to game plan for an opposing coach when your team has that many guys that can consistently put it in the basket.

I also like the minutes per game distribution. Eight guys over 20 minutes a game. That’s some serious balance. The minutes for Reeves and Mitchell are slowly coming down, which is good. I don’t want anyone playing over 30 minutes a game and no one should play more than that on this team.

I love DJ and he is invaluable to this team… but there is no universe in which he should have almost 30 more field goal attempts than Reed Sheppard. Reed has 4 more makes on 28 fewer attempts (58% to 40%). I think DJ should probably look to pass a little more.
DJ needs to shoot a little less less pass more, Reed needs to shoot more pass a little less. Reed is an incredible facilitator but sometimes passes up what would be a good shot.

DJ needs to shoot a little less less pass more, Reed needs to shoot more pass a little less. Reed is an incredible facilitator but sometimes passes up what would be a good shot.
Agreed. Noticed that last night. After he hit the contested pull-up 3 in his defender's face, that told me he needs to do that a LOT more, especially when UK needs a bucket. I would prefer a Reed 3 over a wild drive to the rim every time.

There is still an outside chance that Kentucky could put 8 different players in double digit scoring this season.

Has that ever happened before at Kentucky or anywhere else in D1?

Reeves-Dillingham-Shep all shooting about 45% or better from three.

Thats dangerous guys.

There is still an outside chance that Kentucky could put 8 different players in double digit scoring this season.

Has that ever happened before at Kentucky or anywhere else in D1?
Kentucky has never had a team with more than 5 players average double digits over the course of an entire year. Don’t know about other schools.

Reeves-Dillingham-Shep all shooting about 45% or better from three.

Thats dangerous guys.
Add in Mitchell at the 4 and Bradshaw at the 5, who can both shoot from range, and we can put a team on the floor that can shred just about any zone anybody could throw at us. You can’t leave anyone with those five out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT