POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes it's a good distraction from the reality that a town of 60k now has 20k Haitian immigrants severely draining their social services
Isn't that the much better story? The pet eating story appeals to the loons and the racists, but turns off reasonable people (I know there are not many in this thread). A story about the effects of our recent immigration policy, though, has widespread appeal. And its a real issue that Harris would struggle to answer.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Whatever the situation is with climate change is immaterial to @trueblujr2 being objectively wrong about Greta’s position on China. Doesn’t matter what your personal position is on anything you shouldn’t be making up nonsense to hate your opponent over. Then deflecting when called on it. He needs to do some serious self reflection.
GXENJp4XcAAbrf_

I saw that live... hilarious, but sad.

How we've allowed the left to foist this reality upon us is something I never would've or could've predicted before ~2008
No repercussions. They've gotten by with everything. Ever plot, ever lie, ever deception. They're embolden now and will not stop. They're no long just interested in power the Dems want absolute power.

RCP's averages by state have flipped EV count back to Trump, 281-257, by now rating PA & GA for The Donald. Of course MTG & her crew could shutdown government & affect that. She needs to be hit upside the head with a 2x4.

German PM feeling heat over immigration.

Germany tightens controls at all borders in immigration crackdown

• New border controls will initially last for six months
  • Deadly knife attacks have stoked concerns over immigration
  • Far-right AfD won a state election this month in Thuringia
  • Scholz's government tries to seize back the initiative
  • The new measures may test European unity
I'm returning back there come November.

she won’t be allowed to fail. all the lib women and soybois will have nothing but 😍😍 in their eyes for her no matter how she debates.
she’s going to remain strong with her base just as trump will with his.
can’t see tonight moving the needle much for either.

Yes it's a good distraction from the reality that a town of 60k now has 20k Haitian immigrants severely draining their social services
What's Going On in Springfield

Something extraordinary has happened in Springfield since the pandemic though, with the influx of thousands of Haitian immigrants. The actual number is hard to pin down. City officials have estimated up to 20,000, but estimates of 10,000 and 15,000 have also been made.

The New York Times reported last week, “By most accounts, the Haitians have helped revitalize Springfield. They are assembling car engines at Honda, running vegetable-packing machines at Dole and loading boxes at distribution centers. They are paying taxes on their wages and spending money at Walmart. On Sundays they gather at churches for boisterous, joyful services in Haitian Creole.

“But the speed and volume of arrivals have put pressure on housing, schools and hospitals. The community health clinic saw a 13-fold increase in Haitian patients between 2021 and 2023, from 115 to 1,500, overwhelming its staff and budget.”

The Times details how, after decades of shrinking and uncertainty, Springfield was able to attract new manufacturing and business with a strategic plan, and by 2020 had drawn in food-service firms, logistics companies, and a microchip maker, among others:

“But soon there were not enough workers. Many young, working-age people had descended into addiction. Others shunned entry-level, rote work altogether, employers said. Haitians who heard that the Springfield area boasted well-paying, blue-collar jobs and a low cost of living poured in, and employers were eager to hire and train the new work force. The Haitians had Social Security numbers and work permits, thanks to a federal program that offered them temporary protection in the United States. Some had been living for years in places like Florida, where there is a thriving Haitian community.”

So what, in fact, do we have going on here?

We have a large population increase over a short period of time; we have a language barrier that can cause various strains; we have housing, schooling, and health services that need adequate resources to deal with a massive and rapid adjustment.

We also have an eager, dutiful, law-abiding, and peaceful workforce helping revitalize a city and helping local businesses thrive; we have a city’s population swelling instead of declining; we have an influx of new taxpayers and consumers filling blue-collar jobs, paying property taxes, shopping at local stores, and contributing to their community.

Are there struggles? Absolutely.

Is it chaos and terror? Absolutely not.

No repercussions. They've gotten by with everything. Ever plot, ever lie, ever deception. They're embolden now and will not stop. They're no long just interested in power the Dems want absolute power.

They also want to see you (average Joe "fly-over state" conservative who loves thheir country, is self-sufficient and happy providing for his family, and basically just wants to be left alone living out his version of the American dream) suffer.

I suspect this is true of most, if not all, genuinely intelligent people on the left. Any intellectual honesty or integrity leads one inescapably to the conclusion that DJT will be much better for the country than the continuation of this chitshow.

So what other things am I hearing about Donald Trump that are actually not true, right?For pretty much my entire life, the wages of workers were stagnant. Corporate profits were going up, and the size of the government was going up. There was a four-year period when workers' wages outpaced the size of government and corporate profits. It's the four years that Donald Trump was President. And I think that we have to, like, give some credit to where it's due. The policies actually work.If you go into the presidency, saying, I don't think Donald Trump's going to be a good president, and then, lo and behold, he's the best president, at least in a generation, it's like, Okay, time to change my mind, admit to myself, but also to all the people who listen to me, I was wrong about Donald Trump. He was a hell of a good president.I think that what doesn't make sense is the idea that Trump is more motivated by grievance than he is by the public interest. He's actually much more motivated by the public interest. That's the truth."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT