ADVERTISEMENT

You're welcome Bama/Bama fans

cathouse

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2002
You can thank your SEC brethren for opening the door for Bama to get invited to the CFP.

You did your part by beating a scared Georgia team, but if our Cats hadn't smoked the #2 team in the SEC and the committee watch as FSU could only squeak by with 16 points against UL, you would have probably been passed over for CFP.

Your welcome.

I'm fairly confident it was as simple as fsu not having travis but we will take whatever credit we can.

I'm fairly confident it was as simple as fsu not having travis but we will take whatever credit we can.
I don't think it was that simple.

If we had not exposed UL defense as a complete fraud, even though their numbers said they were a top 5 defense, the low score would not have been a big issue for FSU in the committee's eyes.

But, when our "struggling" offense hung 38 on that "juggernaut", and then big bad FSU could only score 16 against that same defense, and struggled mightily to do that, it exposed FSU as a non-contender in the playoff picture.

Yeah. We did that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1009 and ganner918
They can thank UK specifically...we beat UL and diminished the ACC title game, and our AD who allegedly has no pull whatsoever obviously compelled that committee.

Ya'll don't ever doubt MB again...ya boy just saved the SEC. Sanky may be the godfather and probably pulled some Soprano's shit, but all godfathers have a consigliere who are behind the scenes pulling levers, making calls, getting the rank and file in order.

They can thank UK specifically...we beat UL and diminished the ACC title game, and our AD who allegedly has no pull whatsoever obviously compelled that committee.

Ya'll don't ever doubt MB again...ya boy just saved the SEC. Sanky may be the godfather and probably pulled some Soprano's shit, but all godfathers have a consigliere who are behind the scenes pulling levers, making calls, getting the rank and file in order.
Mitch meeting with Sankey before the CFP committee meeting:

Last edited:
If Louisville beats us, FSU gets a top 10 win. Might make a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT