ADVERTISEMENT

Game is not over but Bama putting it on Georgia

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
First drive, it looked like Georgia was going to steamroll Bama. Now, it's all Bama at half. Very surprised. Will throw quite the monkey wrench into the CFP. If this holds up, either a deserving TX or possibly unbeaten FSU or a 1-loss Georgia will be left on the sidelines. Unbeaten MI and WA almost HAVE to be there. And, of course, OSU fans will be pissed if a 1-loss SEC team gets in over them but screw 'em - they're Suckeyes!

First drive, it looked like Georgia was going to steamroll Bama. Now, it's all Bama at half. Very surprised. Will throw quite the monkey wrench into the CFP. If this holds up, either a deserving TX or possibly unbeaten FSU or a 1-loss Georgia will be left on the sidelines. Unbeaten MI and WA almost HAVE to be there. And, of course, OSU fans will be pissed if a 1-loss SEC team gets in over them but screw 'em - they're Suckeyes!
Why would Bama jump Texas with a head to head loss?

The SEC should get zero teams in if Georgia loses and Michigan and FSU win.

Not gonna happen. SEC champ will be in the playoffs if for no other reason that SEC has won so many lately.

Is it just me or does the Bama secondary physically assault all receivers every inch of the way but only rarely get called for PI or holding? They just mug the receivers every damn play and never get called for it. Haven't noticed Georgia playing the same way but they might, also.

Reactions: K_TIME
You sure do have a different definition than I do of " putting it on"

You sure do have a different definition than I do of " putting it on"
To be fair, it was 17-7 at the time and Georgia had done nothing for 4+ possessions in a row. Obviously, the game is much closer than when I originally posted.

Alabama with the best win of year by far and won the best conference. Yet they may not get in? Bs.

Mich should win and If FSU wins

1.Mich.
2.Washington
3.Texas
4.FSU

Is it just me or does the Bama secondary physically assault all receivers every inch of the way but only rarely get called for PI or holding? They just mug the receivers every damn play and never get called for it. Haven't noticed Georgia playing the same way but they might, also.
College does not call putting your hands on Wr way down field…sorry of dumb but that is the rule

Reactions: gamecockcat
Georgia couldn't handle bamas run game. UK got 4 yards a carry in that game. We just stopped running the ball.

Pretty funny to watch running the ball yet again reveal itself as the way to win titles. If a team can't stop the run, they're toast.

Even more ironic that we understandably switched offenses to give us a better chance to beat Georgia, but the power run game this year is their Achilles heel

More ironic yet is bama sealing the victory with the toss option/read made popular by none other than Eddie Gran

Last edited:
Reactions: grevey35
I am not going to call that particular pass a trapped catch. Wasn't what beat us, we couldn't stop the run game. We had a good run, time to start a new one.

I thought of a better group. Leave the cheating Harbaughs out. Washington, Bama, Texas and FSU.

Send a message cheating won't be tolerated.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity

SEC should have no teams in the playoffs ? I hope you aren’t driving because you’re either high or drunk 🍺 Florida State going against either Bama or Georgia would be a rerun of the TCU game last year

Reactions: grevey35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT