ADVERTISEMENT

You’re lying to yourself if….

Ehh, most people are going to be pretty rational about it and remember that just 2 weeks ago we were ranked top 6 and the talk of the college basketball world. Then we have had a rough 2 weeks since. We now sit at a rock bottom #17.

We also just put up 92 pts on the alleged #2 defense in the country. So clearly we can score the ball as well as anyone. We just need a major overhaul on defense. Historically, Cal teams are at least respectable on defense. So, I think some have hope that maybe they can get it figured out enough to make some noise.
That’s some funny stuff there. You should consider giving up your day job

Account formed today...check
One of the first posts supporting Cal and urging patience...check
Pollyannish optimism and dismissing those concerned as not "rational"...check

Troll confirmed
Every time I click on a thread, scroll, and see this guy posting, I immediately realize it's not a thread worth paying attention to

So when he “leaves” what will you say then? Just a lucky guess? Or will you give credit where credit is due? At the end of the day I’m still a Kentucky fan and want what’s best for the program, I’m allowed to talk about whatever I want even if you don’t agree
It's overkill troll dude..... go back to your previous screen name!

You're lying to yourself if you think this team has even the remotest chance of making a Final Four.

Statistics show that our defensive rating has to be firmly within the Top 40. It's currently over 100. Anyone think that's going to drop much over the rest of the season? Even with a big improvement, we won't get there.

Who cares what they think? Do you believe that their voices are squashing yours and ruining our chance to get rid of Cal? I don't get the obsession around here with them vs. us.

EDIT, and just above are two examples. @TFCats11 how do you know the people defending Calipari are in fact personally and professionally losers? And how do the defenders believe the haters are losers? Where does this even come from? "Someone doesn't think like me so they must be absolute morons with shitty personal and career lives".

EDIT 2 - this is in no way coming to defend the defenders, or speaking up for Calipari. I'm ready for a new path, I'm just not as assholish about it as others.

The answer to your question is Americans are addicted to tribalism. Must pick a side and must demonize the other side because everyone who holds x opinion is superior to anyone who holds y opinion and vice versa.

I see this in politics. I see it in sports fandom. I see it in TV, music and movie fandom.

The two Cal camps here are a perfect example. Post anything remotely critical of Cal and the defenders will call you a hater. Post anything that isn’t pure anger and outrage about Cal, labeled a Cal lover.

It’s childish and stupid, but as a society, it’s who we are. Everyone looking for validation of their opinions, everything is black and white with no shades of gray permitted.

• Sad
Reactions: TheDude73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT