ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday's uniforms

The chromes work better with non-traditional uniforms like the ones of years past. These new ''classic'' uniforms should wear solid color helmets only. The chrome looks like a C-USA team. And its an embarrassment that we are the only team in the SEC wearing them. We are in a conference of tradition. Dress like it.

With those jerseys was a no for me, dawg.

With blue or anthracite or even black I love the chrome domes.

Matte blue is tough to beat though

Reactions: JPFisher
Thought the outfit looked a bit like the Cowboys. I know they don’t wear chrome helmets but the look on tv was grey.

Blue chrome with grey and white logo would look better.

We wore those same garbage helmets at Georgia two years ago. A College Gameday & SEC on CBS game. Couldn’t even see the white ‘UK’ when the helmet was on set. Pitiful excuse for decision makers, fire them all.

Fans are fickle. I remember in 2013 when fans were begging for interesting alternates because we'd been fed a steady diet of all whites or all blues in the Brooks years (Joker years notwithstanding).

I still like the metallic helmets, but the logos do need to be visible. A blue outline around the white UK would've sufficed.

We are in a conference of tradition. Dress like it.
All the gear from the 50s would get our modern boys killed, though. I'm pretty fond of our team. Could probably give em and the opposition mesothelioma from asbestos in the pads.

But seriously, dressing traditionally only works for some teams like Bama and Georgia and Ohio and LSU, to name a few. We have no tradition. Bear waved us "bye" in the 50s and we made a gimmicky, pass-heavy offense famous in the 90s. Which era of Kentucky football domination should we dress like?

The chromes work better with non-traditional uniforms like the ones of years past. These new ''classic'' uniforms should wear solid color helmets only. The chrome looks like a C-USA team. And its an embarrassment that we are the only team in the SEC wearing them. We are in a conference of tradition. Dress like it.
He’s not wrong

I'm a Browns fan, so I like not seeing the logo on the helmet, just straight chrome. Having said that, I'd love to have the power K back.

I'm a Browns fan, so I like not seeing the logo on the helmet, just straight chrome. Having said that, I'd love to have the power K back.
I agree. I really hoped for the Akron game we would bring them back bc we were within days of the 50th anniversary of CWS opening. I was there that night and was hoping to walk in and be surprised with a throwback. Would have been cool!

We wore the Power K from the 70’s until the end of the 1996 season.

It’s been almost 30 years… bring it back… even if for one game!

I don’t particularly like the chrome helmet, but I hate the all blue uniform, I’m glad they have been going with Blue jersey and white pants for home games. The road White uniforms would look good with a matte blue helmet! Overall our uniforms look pretty sharp!

Fans are fickle. I remember in 2013 when fans were begging for interesting alternates because we'd been fed a steady diet of all whites or all blues in the Brooks years (Joker years notwithstanding).

I still like the metallic helmets, but the logos do need to be visible. A blue outline around the white UK would've sufficed.

All the gear from the 50s would get our modern boys killed, though. I'm pretty fond of our team. Could probably give em and the opposition mesothelioma from asbestos in the pads.

But seriously, dressing traditionally only works for some teams like Bama and Georgia and Ohio and LSU, to name a few. We have no tradition. Bear waved us "bye" in the 50s and we made a gimmicky, pass-heavy offense famous in the 90s. Which era of Kentucky football domination should we dress like?
The SEC all wears ''traditional'' looks doesn't matter if they're trash or not. Hell, even vanderbilt is wearing classic, clean, uniforms.

The SEC all wears ''traditional'' looks doesn't matter if they're trash or not. Hell, even vanderbilt is wearing classic, clean, uniforms.
"Everyone is doing it" is the same basis of logic that gets kids to smoke cigs – bandwagon fallacy. It's okay to be different, like Tennessee wearing black, Vanderbilt with their weird anchor and chain helmet a few years back, Florida with all-orange unis... you get the idea.

Vanderbilt also doesn't seem to be trying to reinvent their program. UK under Mark Stoops is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT