ADVERTISEMENT

Yellowstone

Kevin Costner’s ‘Yellowstone’ Ending After Actor’s Wife Pleaded For Him To Leave Show, Sources Claim

The parties have decided to launch a Matthew McConaughey-lead spin-off which will continue with the majority of the cast.

Sources revealed that Costner has been refusing to commit to a lengthy shooting schedule. Deadline said that Costner originally had agreed to 65 days of shooting for the show. However, for the first part of the current season he only wanted to commit to 50 days.

I like Costner and McConaughey but I just have to laugh at balking at 65 days of work being too much. I think the average full-time employee works 260 days a year.

Kevin Costner’s ‘Yellowstone’ Ending After Actor’s Wife Pleaded For Him To Leave Show, Sources Claim

The parties have decided to launch a Matthew McConaughey-lead spin-off which will continue with the majority of the cast.

Sources revealed that Costner has been refusing to commit to a lengthy shooting schedule. Deadline said that Costner originally had agreed to 65 days of shooting for the show. However, for the first part of the current season he only wanted to commit to 50 days.

I like Costner and McConaughey but I just have to laugh at balking at 65 days of work being too much. I think the average full-time employee works 260 days a year.

Imo this will actually help the brand. This season Yellowstone is basically on life support as is. The two prequels are exponentially better. Imo even josh Lucas plays the role much better than Costner.

This just did that entire universe a favor. Just please don't start with the 6666 show unless some of the Yellowstone bunkhouse crew moves down. I can't handle a show about dumba$$ jimmy

Just finished Season 4.

Tremendously overrated show.

Its good... I'd recommend it... but its nowhere near my favorites.

The panoramic scenes are awesome... as are the bunkhouse tomfoolery scenes... but overall, a little too much Beth and Monica for my tastes (like most women... great to look at... but once they open their mouth... all attraction is gone lol).

Just finished Season 4.

Tremendously overrated show.

Its good... I'd recommend it... but its nowhere near my favorites.

The panoramic scenes are awesome... as are the bunkhouse tomfoolery scenes... but overall, a little too much Beth and Monica for my tastes (like most women... great to look at... but once they open their mouth... all attraction is gone lol).
Beth isn't even that great to look at.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Yeah and they do it for a whole lot less than 18.3 million dollars per year/season. It's no wonder celebrities feel entitled.
That's the thing. He's 68. He's extremely wealthy. He wants to do nothing. It takes a LOT to get him to not do nothing, and even then he wants to limit what he does. The whole "labor v leisure trade-off" and whatnot.

They fuked this up so bad... nobody is gonna give a damn by the time they put the last episodes on this November. This was supposed to be a Sunday night summer show starting Father's day weekend getting us through til football like it was the first 3 seasons. Instead they move it to football time of year and starting fighting. I've seen the 1883 AND 1923 both were good but YELLOWSTONE is going be disappointing I'm sure.

They fuked this up so bad... nobody is gonna give a damn by the time they put the last episodes on this November. This was supposed to be a Sunday night summer show starting Father's day weekend getting us through til football like it was the first 3 seasons. Instead they move it to football time of year and starting fighting. I've seen the 1883 AND 1923 both were good but YELLOWSTONE is going be disappointing I'm sure.
I think they missed a perfect opportunity by not either having a season 2 of 1883 or at least doing something in between 1883 and 1923 to fill in some of the 40 year gap.

Reactions: BGCATFAN2012
I don't know the power dynamic, but Sheridan likes to do things his way or the highway. Costner is an Oscar winner so there could be some power struggling going on.

Taylor Sheridan is a straight shooter. He told Harrison Ford something along the lines of "either sign on for the show or you can watch Chris Cooper be part of the next big thing."

Taylor Sheridan is a straight shooter. He told Harrison Ford something along the lines of "either sign on for the show or you can watch Chris Cooper be part of the next big thing."

He'd do well to do the same here. Imo the last few seasons rip is by far the more interesting character anyway.

In reality the show is done anyway. After seeing how good the other two spinoffs were, no need to keep this going. Wrap it up this season, with or without him, and move on.

He'd do well to do the same here. Imo the last few seasons rip is by far the more interesting character anyway.

In reality the show is done anyway. After seeing how good the other two spinoffs were, no need to keep this going. Wrap it up this season, with or without him, and move on.
The way they changed the show direction ruined it imo. Think Sheridan was not running it then.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I watched 1923 again. I really enjoyed it. The Africa/love story was very well done, and I don't even like love stories. They have great chemistry together. Not sure of the budget, but it looks like the most expensive show ever made.

The last year or so, yellowstone itself is the weakest of all those shows. So far the spinoffs are all far superior. The show probably needed to end a season or two ago
Changed when Sheridan wasn't running the show. Other 2 shows were much better. 1883 and 1923.

Reactions: christophero
Missed Yellowstone on Netflix but was really enjoying watching it from the start on CBS right up until they inserted their political vomit and decided to teach history the "woke" way thereby programming students to hate America.

:flush:

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss
What happens to his character?
In a riveting one episode season 5, John has a fatal heart attack banging the hippie chick. Beth kills the hippie chick. Casey and Monica go for an extended stay in the wilderness to try and understand the meaning of it all, and Rip takes Beth and Jamie out to the train station, then drives off into the night...

Reactions: christophero
Picking up from where Jamie asks that Sarah chick to help 'save' the ranch, Market Equities sends goons to run John off the road in a fatal car wreck is one way to start up the next episode with his death.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT